zalewskig

Rasbian, E17 and display mode problem

Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:01 pm

Hi, I have a little problem. I did the minimum raspbian and E17 installed on it, I'm already tweaking everything except one thing. When you run the desktop environment, I received the message: "Your screen is not in 24/32 bit display mode. This is required to be your default setting depth for the compositor to work propertly.". Xorg does not have a default configuration file, but from earlier experience, I know that is how I did it generate a new file with the command "X -configure" solve the problem. In this case, that does not happen, because the file does not want to generate. How do I properly respond resolution and display mode. Yet I suspect that I may be missing some package. Thank you in advance for your help.

Cloudcentric

Re: Rasbian, E17 and display mode problem

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:18 am

Bodhi Linux comes with the Enlightenment Desktop as standard, maybe that would be a better Distro to start with ? Underneath Bodhi is Debian Wheezy 7 ARM HF just like Raspbian:

http://bodhilinux.com/downloads_mobile.php
I know everything about nothing"

hayesey

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:24 am

I just found this by googling the warning message you posted:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 13#p100113

It was the 2nd result down :)

Changing to a different OS just because of this is a bit drastic!

zalewskig

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:40 am

I find too about editing config.txt today, and check it out today after returning home. Yesterday I had to miss it. As it sits too long, you can miss the obvious things. :)
Thank you for your help and let you know if it helped.

JollyRoger

Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:46 pm

I'll repeat what's been said above: install Bodhi Linux on your Pi and you should have no problems with Enlightenment (running under Raspbian). You can then run rpi-update to get the latest kernel and firmware (I'm running Enlightenment under Linux 3.6.11 on my Pi), and then you can implement CMA (dynamic memory split) - http://elinux.org/RPi_config.txt.

Before running rpi-update, backup your SD card in case of problems, and also do sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade first.

I've been using Bodhi for several months on my Pi, and I think it's great!

cjan

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:39 pm

bodhi new img got blur on screen after ran raspi-config which one cause this issue? and pasbian not have this issue.

zalewskig

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:28 am

I added entries to the config.txt, the message stopped appearing, but I have another problem. That's what I was yellow colors are blue, etc. I updated all packages. Any idea?

JollyRoger

Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:19 pm

Do NOT use raspi-config to expand the file system to fill the SD card - it will almost certainly corrupt your Bodhi image. If you did this, then you will need to reflash the card and use something like Gparted to expand the file system.

zalewskig

Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:50 pm

Ok. I tried different configurations, including the CMA, but in display mode 24/32 yellow is blue. I don`t have Bodhi, but rasbian and taken from bodhi enlightenment. When i switch off framebuffer_depth=32 and framebuffer_ignore_alpha=1, the colors look good when i start enlightenment but shows the message about the wrong display mode. Any good ideas

Cloudcentric

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:00 pm

FYI! rasbian no it is definitely RASPBIAN

Response 2 and 5 gave you a solution................
I know everything about nothing"

zalewskig

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:43 am

Install other system is not a solution :). An attempt to implement the CMA has not changed anything. So there is no solution to the problem.

Qjimbo

Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:14 pm

Since Bodhi is now no longer available - are there any other solutions to this issue? I too am experiencing this strange colour reversal problem with the Enlightenment E17 package on the latest Raspbian. It seems once the compositor kicks in (when 32bpp is set on the framebuffer) that's where this issue happens - Yellows show up as blues, blues show as reds - Almost like it's BGR instead of RGB. Frustrating as everything works smooth and looks great, asides from the colour issue. On Arch Linux, Enlightenment is painfully slow as the suggested xf86-video-fbdev driver has no OpenGL support, not to mention all the slick effects are part of the enjoyment of using Enlightenment.

Return to “Raspbian”