prajjalak

WiFi issues with KDE Plasma on Raspbian Lite

Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:42 pm

I flashed the Raspbian Lite on my sd card, and then installed KDE using-

Code: Select all

sudi apt install kde-full
But I found that in the settings, I can't find WiFi options. So, everytime I need to connect with a new WiFi network, I have to use raspi-config. Also everytime I reboot it, WiFi mac address changes (confirmed by both ifconfig and lshw). This is a problem for me as my University WiFi allows specific mac addresses (pre-registered). Is there any work around, or I have to stick with that ugly Raspbian Full?

sirozha

Re: WiFi issues with KDE Plasma on Raspbian Lite

Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:27 am

Have you tried Mate desktop? I have an entire thread on how to install it.

Giga_Pi

Re: WiFi issues with KDE Plasma on Raspbian Lite

Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:29 pm

prajjalak wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:42 pm
I flashed the Raspbian Lite on my sd card, and then installed KDE using-

Code: Select all

sudi apt install kde-full
But I found that in the settings, I can't find WiFi options. So, everytime I need to connect with a new WiFi network, I have to use raspi-config. Also everytime I reboot it, WiFi mac address changes (confirmed by both ifconfig and lshw). This is a problem for me as my University WiFi allows specific mac addresses (pre-registered). Is there any work around, or I have to stick with that ugly Raspbian Full?
There is that problem...

You can install plasma-nm via apt or apt-get, which will give you a network manager, but it won't give you the ability to be able to connect to wifi networks.

Manjaro KDE has wifi, maybe you could check that out? https://manjaro.org/download/#raspberry-pi-4
As soon as the DM smiles, you know it's too late...

Return to “Raspbian”