pi-juenger

Avidemux on Raspberry Pi in Raspbian (Debian Buster)

Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:22 pm

Download the 10 files from my Google Drive.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... KQOBTvRKRD
after that install this files with your Paketmanager.

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/*.deb
the next step is.

sudo apt-get install libqtgui4 libqt4-network
than you can start it for the first time.
In order to use it you need first to configure your settings.
In Display you need to toogle video to XVideo.

build instructions:

i grabt the avidemux (2.7.4) source from https://github.com/mean00/avidemux2/releases

sudo apt-get install gcc g++ make cmake pkg-config libpng12-dev fakeroot yasm libsqlite3-dev  build-essential
sudo apt-get install libmp3lame-dev libx264-dev libfaad-dev
in the manual is listet :

sudo apt-get install libqt4-dev
but i done it with

sudo apt-get install libqt4-*
sudo apt-get install qt5-default
sudo apt-get install qtcreator
and compiled with

bash bootStrap.bash --deb --enable-qt4 --with-qt
;)

Gadgetguy

Re: Avidemux on Raspberry Pi in Raspbian (Debian Buster)

Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:04 pm

Thanks very much for posting instructions on installing avidemux on the raspberry pi. It has been working flawlessly for me. I compiled my own debs per your instructions It is particularly useful for instantaneously correcting audio/video sync problems without trans coding. cutting out a portion of a video without trans coding. I haven't tried joining or appending videos yet on my pi but I am sure it will work as well.

Note: to get sound in the interface playback I had to install:

osspd-alsa

which emulates oss sound in alsa

Some videos wouldn't load in avidemux untillI altered the settings preferences under cpu simd. I disabled all but all the various sse settings.

Thanks again and a very useful tool and nice to see that it works well on the pi.

Ps: I find a correction of "-150ms" seems to correct most problems in downloaded youtube videos

gkreidl

Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:08 pm

Does this version of avidemux support smart rendering? And if so, for which codecs?
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

Gadgetguy

Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:22 pm

gkreidl wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:08 pm
Does this version of avidemux support smart rendering? And if so, for which codecs?
HI Guenter , I am away from my pi for a while and I will try to check when i get a chance. I cut a few videos mp4's not avi's in copy mode at intra frame points. In the menu i could have specified next frame rather than intra frame. I am not sure whether the cuts would be frame accurate. It worked great for my needs.No codec or format change. I believe all mediainfo would be the same.I did transcode one short video as an experiment and it accomplished the task as i recall quicker than the handbrake in the raspbian repository and also faster than winff gui for ffmpeg.The resulting qualty seemed to my uncritical eye to be comparable.If i recall the processing on a not terrbly high bit rate or resolution video seemed somewhat faster than real time. My video editing needs are very basic at the moment. i suspect if I was doing extensive transcoding etc I woould probably use my windows machine.The question may be above my pay grade and better left to the original poster but if you can elaborate a little more on what you mean by smart rendering I will try to answer to the best of my ability when I get chance.
PS as i recall you could when transcding select either target size or video quality and use constant or variable bit rate and use various filters sch as resolution etc. Excuse any errors I am using my little Amazon tablet to type this and it ain't easy!

gkreidl

Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:23 pm

Smart rendering means, that you can cut at any frame. This means, that small parts of the video have to reencoded (but not the whole video).

One example: Cutting ads from TV recordings. To get a seamless cut, you need smart rendering - or you have to reencode everything.

Older versions of Avidemux could apply smart rendering to H263 encoded stuff, but not to H264.
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download

Gadgetguy

Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:40 am

gkreidl wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:23 pm
Smart rendering means, that you can cut at any frame. This means, that small parts of the video have to reencoded (but not the whole video).

One example: Cutting ads from TV recordings. To get a seamless cut, you need smart rendering - or you have to reencode everything.

Older versions of Avidemux could apply smart rendering to H263 encoded stuff, but not to H264.
I just did a little experiment with avidemux 2.74 in copy mode cutting an mp4 h264 video at non i-frames at both ends and it took just slightly longer to save the video (but still almost instantaneous) than when I cut same video at i-frames positions suggesting to me that the only re-encoding that took place was a few frames at both ends. When I cut at I-frames in copy mode at i-frames it was instantaneous. The non i-frames cut played fine in mpv, omxplayer and ffplay with no glitches or distortion but on replaying the non i frames cut in vlc the first second or too was just a static picture audio but no motion then the video played fine right to the end. As far as I could tell the cuts seemed very accurate time wise but whether it was to the very frame I marked I am not sure how to tell.

https://avidemux.org/smif/index.php?topic=17782.0

gkreidl

Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:52 am

Gadgetguy wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:40 am

I just did a little experiment with avidemux 2.74 in copy mode cutting an mp4 h264 video at non i-frames at both ends and it took just slightly longer to save the video (but still almost instantaneous) than when I cut same video at i-frames positions suggesting to me that the only re-encoding that took place was a few frames at both ends. When I cut at I-frames in copy mode at i-frames it was instantaneous. The non i-frames cut played fine in mpv, omxplayer and ffplay with no glitches or distortion but on replaying the non i frames cut in vlc the first second or too was just a static picture audio but no motion then the video played fine right to the end. As far as I could tell the cuts seemed very accurate time wise but whether it was to the very frame I marked I am not sure how to tell.

https://avidemux.org/smif/index.php?topic=17782.0
Thanks, the link you provided answered my question. It still can't do it and they don't really see the importance. I'm cutting more than a thousand videos per year and without "Smart Rendering" it would take ages (reencoding each video completely).
There are solutions for Windows which can do it: VirtualDub, TS Doctor (for MPEG TS TV streams, a commercial application).

VLC seems to have a problem with the first frames when using the MMAL decoder. That's why the video oftens starts a short moment after the audio.

Return to “Raspbian”