I finally installed Raspian Buster after being a happy user with Stretch.
Version is buster, kernel: Linux 5.4.51-v7+ Kodi Leia 18.7
My Problem is the DVB-C/T2 Astrometa Stick, which is as far as i can see, running fine (after solving the wellknown problems with the frontends)
Driver is 'dvb-demod-mn88473-01.fw'
Tvheadend shows the two adapters DVB-T2 and DVB-C.
If i try to scan nothing happens. Scan hangs and fails.
Connecting the adapter to the board this is shown in dmesg:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ dmesg
[ 358.997308] usb 1-1.2.3: new high-speed USB device number 9 using dwc_otg
[ 359.237320] usb 1-1.2.3: New USB device found, idVendor=15f4, idProduct=0131, bcdDevice= 1.00
[ 359.237341] usb 1-1.2.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[ 359.237350] usb 1-1.2.3: Product: dvbt2
[ 359.237360] usb 1-1.2.3: Manufacturer: astrometadvbt2
[ 359.245008] usb 1-1.2.3: dvb_usb_v2: found a 'Astrometa DVB-T2' in warm state
[ 359.324391] usb 1-1.2.3: dvb_usb_v2: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer
[ 359.324438] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (Astrometa DVB-T2)
[ 359.354343] i2c i2c-3: Added multiplexed i2c bus 4
[ 359.354361] rtl2832 3-0010: Realtek RTL2832 successfully attached
[ 359.374115] mn88473 3-0018: Panasonic MN88473 successfully identified
[ 359.374197] usb 1-1.2.3: DVB: registering adapter 5 frontend 0 (Realtek RTL2832 (DVB-T))...
[ 359.374405] usb 1-1.2.3: DVB: registering adapter 5 frontend 1 (Panasonic MN88473)...
[ 359.374642] r820t 4-003a: creating new instance
[ 359.381499] r820t 4-003a: Rafael Micro r820t successfully identified
[ 359.381557] r820t 4-003a: attaching existing instance
[ 359.386376] r820t 4-003a: Rafael Micro r820t successfully identified
[ 359.409249] Registered IR keymap rc-empty
[ 359.409422] rc rc0: Astrometa DVB-T2 as /devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2.3/rc/rc0
[ 359.409671] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver dvb_usb_rtl28xxu registered at minor = 0, raw IR receiver, no transmitter
[ 359.409887] input: Astrometa DVB-T2 as /devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2.3/rc/rc0/input12
[ 359.410297] usb 1-1.2.3: dvb_usb_v2: schedule remote query interval to 200 msecs
[ 359.418328] usb 1-1.2.3: dvb_usb_v2: 'Astrometa DVB-T2' successfully initialized and connected
With Raspbian Linux 9 (stretch) (kernel: Linux 4.19.66-v/+) and Kodi 18.2 (newer versions aren't available) everything is working fine..
Edit: Don't ask me why, but after disconnecting and reconnecting several times as well as rebooting and restarting Tvheadend several times now all of a sudden the system is recocognized.. scan is working ....
Edit2: It seems to have been a lucky failure, that i was able to scan....
Maybe it worked as i took a backup from a working system (with a Terratec-adapter) and TVheadend didn't realize it in the first moment as both were on the same cable/same networks/same muxes/same services ....
After a reboot TVheadend is not finding anything ... scan pending ... and then fail ...
So let me resume:
The astrometa adapter is working fine with Raspbian stretch
It is recognized under Buster ... it is enabled ....but doesn't work with Buster, only with Stretch.
This seems to be a bug,
My adapter is not any more scanned