LTolledo

Re: Buster bug report thread - DAC audio

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:34 pm

TL;DR

would like to know if somebody already reported I2S DAC HATs not working on Raspbian Buster Desktop, fresh image install

just tested mine on RPi3B+ with Suptronics X400 v3 using the following entries in config.txt

Code: Select all

dtparam=i2s=on
dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus
dtoverlay=gpio-poweroff,gpiopin=22,active_low
no audio output from DAC -amp

HDMI0 audio is OK though.

will check later using SainSmart PiFi DAC and Pimoroni pHAT DAC (using dtoverlay=iqaudio-dacplus)
"Don't come to me with 'issues' for I don't know how to deal with those
Come to me with 'problems' and I'll help you find solutions"

Some people be like:
"Help me! Am drowning! But dont you dare touch me nor come near me!"

Pulsar33

Re: Buster bug report thread - apparmor

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:49 am

Hello,

What we should have and what we have on a virtual machine installed with Raspberry Pi Desktop:
sudo aa-status =>
apparmor module is loaded
18 profiles are loaded
16 profiles are in enforced mode
[...]

What we have on a Raspberry Pi 4 board installed with Raspbian:
sudo systemctl status apparmor.service
apparmor.service - Load AppArmor profiles
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/system/apparmor.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: inactive (dead)
Condition: start condition failed at Thu 2019-08-29 18:37:31 CEST; 1min 5s ago
└─ ConditionSecurity=apparmor was not met

The first discussions on this forum show that the root cause is the Kernel.
What can be done to ensure that this is taken into account?

Best regards
Pulsar33
Pi 4 with 4Gb memory, DVB TV pHAT ------------------- Desktop : Core i5 Linux MINT 19.2

DougieLawson

Re: Buster bug report thread

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:29 am

On the system where apparmor is enabled it's not running, it's failed with

Aug 31 10:43:17 discovery systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Load AppArmor profiles being skipped.
so the userland piece is there in Buster.

It looks like the modules aren't in the Linux kernel.

The config has

CONFIG_EXT4_FS_SECURITY=y
CONFIG_REISERFS_FS_SECURITY=y
CONFIG_JFS_SECURITY=y
# CONFIG_F2FS_FS_SECURITY is not set
CONFIG_UBIFS_FS_SECURITY=y
# CONFIG_9P_FS_SECURITY is not set
# Security options
# CONFIG_SECURITY_DMESG_RESTRICT is not set
# CONFIG_SECURITY is not set
# CONFIG_SECURITYFS is not set
CONFIG_DEFAULT_SECURITY_DAC=y
CONFIG_DEFAULT_SECURITY=""
with no mention of APPARMOR.

So you'll need to open an issue at: https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues to see if the RPF/RP(T)Ltd folks will enable it for you.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

Pulsar33

Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:19 pm

Thanks for your support DougieLawson,

Bug report done, including your remarks.

Best regards
Pulsar33
Pi 4 with 4Gb memory, DVB TV pHAT ------------------- Desktop : Core i5 Linux MINT 19.2

liderbug

Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:28 pm

This seems to be the thread I'm looking for:

Mouse copy/paste on Buster not working. From any other Linux box I can ssh to any of my other RasPi boards, VI a file and, using my mouse, copy and paste from anywhere to the edit file or from file to cmd line. Not on Buster.

klricks

Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:07 pm

liderbug wrote:

Mouse copy/paste on Buster not working. From any other Linux box I can ssh to any of my other RasPi boards, VI a file and, using my mouse, copy and paste from anywhere to the edit file or from file to cmd line. Not on Buster.
I have no problem C&P in Buster. (Win10 VNC to/from RPi)
You must either use the [Edit] [Copy] or right click [Copy] menu (LXterminal).... But that was changed way before Buster.
The simple select text with mouse drag and then paste by only right mouse click still works over SSH connection.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Buster w/ Desktop OS.

ejolson

Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:45 pm

klricks wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:07 pm
liderbug wrote:

I have no problem C&P in Buster. (Win10 VNC to/from RPi)
You must either use the [Edit] [Copy] or right click [Copy] menu (LXterminal).... But that was changed way before Buster.
The simple select text with mouse drag and then paste by only right mouse click still works over SSH connection.
This is an upstream feature that appears designed to confuse new users who don't routinely customize vim with a .vimrc file. The easiest work around is to create an empty .vimrc file in your home directory.

liderbug

Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:52 am

Adding the .vimrc file has fixed the "feature" :roll:

bjtheone

Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:41 pm

ejolson wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:45 pm
This is an upstream feature that appears designed to confuse new users who don't routinely customize vim with a .vimrc file. The easiest work around is to create an empty .vimrc file in your home directory.
An even easier solution is to not use vim...

w3cloud

Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:02 pm

Here, I am listing few refinements, that will make raspbian and raspberry pi more user friendly.

1. Out of the box, there is no way to configure the display timeout. Screen goes blank in 10 minutes. The workaround is, installing screensaver and disabling screensaver. But, will be seamless, to just have a preference setting.
2. Keyboard layouts. Numeric pad in my wired keyboard (Logitech K120) does not work, tried several other key board layouts. Couldn't figure out the layout, that will allow using numeric keypad. Plug and play will be the best option. If that is not possible, at-least there could be generic keyboard layout with a self-explanatory name, will be of big help.
3. Desktop is useless with a create shot-cut option, similar to Windows. I understand we can create our own .desktop file. But, is cumbersome. Besides, this method is kind of advanced, bet most rpi users have a blank desktop.

Pulsar33

Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:58 am

Hello,

1. Easier way if you just want to disable the automatic blanking :
sudo nano /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
Uncomment this line and edit to obtain : xserver-command=X -s 0 dpms
Reboot

Best regards.
Pulsar33

alanchandler42

Upgrade from Stretch to Buster failed - btrfs root filesystem

Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:30 pm

I am not sure I have much information to help anyone else here, but I have a couple of RP 3B which have been running a long time with Rasbian Stretch. One is production, the other is my test system.

Tried upgrading my test system to Buster. I left the upgrade process running under "screen" overnight (I has ssh'ed into it from my desktop which gets shutdown overnight). I returned in the morning to a dead system. Even connecting a keyboard and monitor to it and rebooting it wouldn't boot.

I suspect its because my root file system is btrfs and I have an initramfs image with the btrfs module in it to load during boot - but in my worry about getting this system up and running again I overwrote my SD card with the buster-lite image and have started again from scratch. I did document fully the process last time I did this and it still worked again, so I now have a buster image with btrfs root filesystem working.

I will be able to take this complete sd card image and take it to the production system (visit in two weeks) and swap it over and recover the stretch imaged sd card from it. I will then be able attempt the upgrade again in more controlled circumstances and discover why it didn't upgrade.

mob-i-l

sudo reboot does not always work

Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:20 pm

I have a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B with 4 GB RAM and 256 MB GPU memory, and it runs most full-upgraded Raspbian Buster.

Some times when I do sudo reboot from other computers the Pi is not rebooted. E.g. today the GUI froze completely when running Chromium on two screens with about four tabs on each screen. I could not even do Ctrl+Alt+F1. I could log in from another computer and did sudo reboot and lost connection as usual when it reboots, but when I looked at the Pi the screens still showed the same and Pi4 had not rebooted.

Other times when I do reboot it just shuts down and doesn't reboot. It happens e.g. when Chromium freeze but the entire GUI isn't frozen.

It is strange that reboot doesn't always work even when the reboot starts normally.
Last edited by mob-i-l on Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have Pi0&1A&1B&1B+&2B&3B&4B w/ Raspbian. Started w/ BASIC on ABC80&ZX81 then Forth, Z80… https://scratch.mit.edu/users/mobluse/ https://github.com/mobluse/ https://twitter.com/mobluse/ https://YouTube.com/MOBiL4u/

cfreybergu

display-rotate=1 seems incompatible with vc4-fkms-v3d on Pi 4

Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:40 am

Buster 4.19.66-v7l+ #1253 SMP Thu Aug 15 12:02:08 BST 2019

Adding "display-rotate=1" to /boot/config.txt when using a rotated screen ( Dell P2418HT ) produces an appropriately rotated image of incorrect proportions. The LH part of the image occupies the top half of the portrait screen, and the RHS of the image is truncated. The bottom portion of the portrait screen in black.

The problem disappears if the overlay vc4-fkms-v3d is disabled.

It appears as if the necessary swap of screen width and height dimensions (pixels) has been forgotten.

In addition, touchscreen input coordinates are no longer aligned to the image, which may be consequential or perhaps a separate problem.
Chris F

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: display-rotate=1 seems incompatible with vc4-fkms-v3d on Pi 4

Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:06 am

cfreybergu wrote:

Adding "display-rotate=1" to /boot/config.txt when using a rotated screen ( Dell P2418HT ) produces an appropriately rotated image of incorrect proportions. The LH part of the image occupies the top half of the portrait screen, and the RHS of the image is truncated. The bottom portion of the portrait screen in black.

It appears as if the necessary swap of screen width and height dimensions (pixels) has been forgotten.

In addition, touchscreen input coordinates are no longer aligned to the image, which may be consequential or perhaps a separate problem.
Correct, that command will not work with FKMS. Use the screen configuration utility to set rotations in FKMS mode.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

KenT2

Re: display-rotate=1 seems incompatible with vc4-fkms-v3d on Pi 4

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:23 am

jamesh wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:06 am
cfreybergu wrote:

Correct, that command will not work with FKMS. Use the screen configuration utility to set rotations in FKMS mode.
The touchscreen input coordinates is a seperate problem. If two displays are used then the touch input coordinates (not mouse click) are scaled to the size of the extended desktop and assume the touchscreen is on the left and not rotated. This can be corrected using the xinput command. This coordinate conversion is also required if the touchscreen is rotated by arandr and if the touchscreen is the righthand display

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/InputCoordinateTransformation

It would be nice if the screen configuration utility could do this automatically

LTolledo

Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:40 pm

dunno if already reported....

LibreOffice does not work,

application does not start even on updated/upgraded setup (as of this writing)
"Don't come to me with 'issues' for I don't know how to deal with those
Come to me with 'problems' and I'll help you find solutions"

Some people be like:
"Help me! Am drowning! But dont you dare touch me nor come near me!"

gkreidl

Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:04 pm

LTolledo wrote:

It works for me without any problem. I've used it quite a lot already.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

ksharindam

Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:39 pm

LTolledo wrote:

1. delete the directory /home/pi/.config/libreoffice, then try to launch libreoffice.
2. Or Launch libreoffice in terminal and view the output and check the error msgs. Paste error msgs here if you can not understand.
3. Or paste here the output of the command

dpkg -l | grep libreoffice
so that we can check if all required packages are installed

w_behne

Re: Buster bug report thread - keyboard settings

Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:56 pm

In 4.19.73-v8+ GNU/Linux the keyboard settings for keyboard delay and interval are ignored after reboot/boot.

You've to open the keyboard and mouse configuration dialog manually (wanted - but not applied - settings are displayed there) to get these settings applied (until the next reboot).

Hardware:
- PI 4, 4 GB
- Official wired USB keyboard

Best regards,

Wilfried

DougieLawson

Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:40 am

What's the magic voodoo that's needed to get the original AIY voicehat running on Buster.

I tried updating /etc/apt/*.list and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*.list from "stretch" to "buster" and that's 100% broken.

I've tried a fresh Buster install but that's also 100% broken because https://github.com/google/aiyprojects-raspbian hasn't been updated for the replacement Google packages and

install_requires=[
        'google-assistant-library==1.0.1',
        'google-assistant-grpc==0.2.0',
        'google-auth==1.5.1',
        'google-auth-oauthlib==0.2.0',
        'google-cloud-speech==0.36.0',
        'gpiozero',
        'paho-mqtt',
        'protobuf==3.6.1',
        'picamera',
        'pillow',
        'RPi.GPIO',
    ],
hasn't been updated to match their changes.

Google's Assistant Library https://developers.google.com/assistant ... ry/python/ has been deprecated and they recommend https://developers.google.com/assistant ... ce/python/ as a replacement but the AIY stuff hasn't been updated for that.

My system is back running on Stretch from https://github.com/google/aiyprojects-r ... -16.img.xz with apt dist-upgraded with latest Raspbian updates.

My AIY system is the last one running Stretch.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

Lee the Geek

Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:35 pm

From this forum, it seems that certain routers do not work well with dhcpcd in IPv6 mode. My Netgear IPv6 was set to automatic, but when I set it specifically to DHCP, my network immediately connected and has remained connected since reboots. I am currently connected to my new Pi 4B through SSH! Finally after over a week of struggles!
~/Lee

beta-tester

WireGuard for RPi1 / RPiZero

Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:54 pm

is there a possibility to add WireGuard to the repository to be able to install wireguard on an RPi1 or RPiZero?
i always have to compile WireGuard by myself.
so it would be nice to have WireGuard in the raspbian distribution repository as package to be installable/updateble via

sudo apt install wireguard
{ I only give negative feedback }
RPi B (256MB), B (512MB), B+, ZeroW; 2B; 3B, 3B+; 4B (4GB)

jamesh

Re: WireGuard for RPi1 / RPiZero

Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:35 pm

beta-tester wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:54 pm
is there a possibility to add WireGuard to the repository to be able to install wireguard on an RPi1 or RPiZero?
i always have to compile WireGuard by myself.
so it would be nice to have WireGuard in the raspbian distribution repository as package to be installable/updateble via

sudo apt install wireguard
Clearly not a buster bug report - please start a new thread or add an issue to the distro bug tracker.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

andrea.varesio

Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:31 pm

Hi I am facing a very similar problem. Fresh installation of Buster on PI3B+ with Edimax wifi dongle

$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 7392:7811 Edimax Technology Co., Ltd EW-7811Un 802.11n Wireless Adapter [Realtek RTL8188CUS]
wpa_supplicant.conf correctly setup: at startup wlan0 works perfectly: it connects to access point in my home and get a Ip address from the DHCP on the router.

If then I try to cycle the wlan0

sudo ifdown wlan0
sudo ifup wlan0
The dongle dos not reconnect to AP and get no IP address from the dhcp.
Daemon.log says:

wlan0: Association request to the driver failed
Any idea?

I tried to restart, in many different sequences, dhcp service, wpa_supplicat service. Also tried wpa_cli: same result. The blocking problem seems to be the unability to associate the device to the driver.

The only way I had the cycing of wlan0 working was to disable / enable the kernel module.

sudo modprobe -r 8192cu
sudo modprobe 8192cu

But, apart the no elegange of the method, it is not suitable in cases where there are more than one wireless adapter (like in my use case where I need the PI to act as AP + station). In these cases all the dongles will be de activated and re activated. I need not to interrupt AP functionalities.

thanks andrea

Return to “Raspbian”