DeeDooDaa8

Can’t boot Raspberry Pi: Gray loading screen and root console

Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:53 pm

I can’t seem to boot my Raspberry Pi 3B. I boot it, and I get the rainbow screen, some code runs, and then I am brought to a gray loading screen with three square small dots that look like something is loading. Then if I wait for about 30 seconds, I get a root console where it says ctrl d to continue or type in the root password. I type in the root password and I get into a root console. I’ve tried startx but it brings me to a home screen where I can’t move my mouse. I have no clue how to fix this problem, and I hope that somebody can help.

PhatFil

Re: Can’t boot Raspberry Pi: Gray loading screen and root console

Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:03 am

Download a new raspbian image and write it to a new sd card and see how that boots/starts.

Prima facia a partially running system smells like corrupt system files or sd card media

fwiw due to buying a few bargain fake sd cards online i now buy my cards at a modest premium from the local tesco store (large supermarket chain in the UK) as i have more confidence in their supply chain starting with the OM than your average faceless online seller.

DeeDooDaa8

Re: Can’t boot Raspberry Pi: Gray loading screen and root console

Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:15 am

Thank you so much, it worked :P . I booted it up with another SD Card that had the raspbian image, and it worked very well.

Return to “Raspbian”