Richard001

Where can i find my cronjobs?

Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:48 am

Hi,

my raspberry crashed and i have to re-install raspbian. i've created some cronjobs with

Code: Select all

crontab -e
that should executed after reboot or at a specific time. where can i find them when the system don't start? they are not saved i /var/spool/cron. here i only have a sub-folder called 'crontabs'. but i can cd in that folder. there are some sub-folders in /etc (cron.d and cron.daily) but that are not my cronjobs. i have created them without root and writing in /etc needs root.

so where are my cronjobs saved? they must be saved somewhere.

richard

thagrol

Re: Where can i find my cronjobs?

Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:46 am

Try /var/spool/cron/crontabs/ though you'll probbaly need sudo to access it (or br logged in as root)
Attempts to contact me outside of thes forums will be ignored unless signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public enquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters

davesteele

Re: Where can i find my cronjobs?

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:11 pm

As thagrol says, it is in /var/spool/cron/crontabs.

But I suspect you are asking the wrong question. You don't really need to know where the file is, you can edit it with "crontab -e".

And it sounds like your real problem is running with the right privileges. For that, you'll want to use one of the cron files in /etc/cron*. Note that there is a slight difference in file format - there is an entry for the user to run as.

Return to “Raspbian”