gkreidl

Latest omxplayer builds

Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:14 am

Recently the omxplayer sources by popcornmix got some nice new additions, which I plan to use in the next releases of my kweb suite (omxplayerGUI and ytdl-server) for Raspbian Stretch and Jessie. Two new dbus commands (SetLayer and OpenUri) allow to modify the video layer and the video source at run time.

In the past you could always get new builds from omxplayer.sconde.net but the latest version there is from 30/01/2017.

So I built new versions for both Stretch and Jessie and made them available for download:

Jessie Version

Stretch Version

A few notes about the Stretch version:

The omxplayer version in the Foundation repository is not sourced from popcornmix any more, but from a fork by XECDesign. This version does not use its own ffmpeg libraries but relies on the ffmpeg system libraries. My package uses the old method of including its own ffmpeg libraries because omxplayer is now built against ffmpeg 3.3, while the system libraries are version 3.2. But I've also used the version naming convention introduced by XECDesign to make sure that it is recognized as a newer version.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

k-pi

Re: Latest omxplayer builds

Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:33 am

Thanks, downloaded the Stretch version, will give it a try next time I'm using my RPi3B setup. 8-)

yan

Re: Latest omxplayer builds

Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:59 am

Thank you!

Return to “Raspbian”