donbrew

udev rules

Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:53 pm

When I installed ir-keytable it installed a udev rule that is supposed to run at boot. It does not.

70-ir-keytable.rules

Code: Select all

ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="rc", RUN+="/usr/bin/ir-keytable -a /etc/rc_maps.cfg -s $name"

When I type the command in a terminal it works fine (substituting "rc0" for "$name"), in fact, my work around is to run it as a cron job @reboot.

I did not write the rule, it came with ir-keytable as did rc_maps.cfg. The rc_maps.cfg is correct. I have tried editing the $name completely out and changing it to rc0. It has the same owner and permissions as all of the other udev rules and the same as rc_maps.cfg (root, 0644). Ir-keytabe is root,0744.

rc0 is gpio-ir receiver.

Raspbian Desktop June 2018

Any ideas why? Maybe change it to 99, so it comes after 99-systemd.rules?

topguy

Re: udev rules

Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:25 pm

Is the command ir-keytable supposed to be running continuously or does it run for a second and then exit ?

The boot/service manager in Raspbian called "systemd" will not allow a program started from udev rules to run for a longer periode, it will kill that process and all other processes spawned by it.

donbrew

Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:51 pm

It runs once to load the remote control keytable.

I just tested a completely virgin install. The identical udev rule does run with an identical rc_maps.cfg. I even copied them over, still does not work.

donbrew

Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:56 pm

So now the question is what might I have done so that it doesn't run. Or, how do I get all of my "stuff" transferred over to a new SD card?

donbrew

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:14 pm

Turns out that after I updated/upgraded the virgin install it stopped working?!

systemctl status udev says there is a SEGV. So, I'm guessing there is a systemic problem in the upgrades. Anyone.......
There is nothing wrong with the operation, it runs on the CLI and as a cron job.
I removed triggerhappy and re installed it.

[
SEGV.PNG
SEGV.PNG (6.33 KiB) Viewed 122 times
socket seg.PNG
socket seg.PNG (2.79 KiB) Viewed 122 times

Return to “Raspbian”