leog

March 2018 Noobs download

Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:39 am

Hi guys, I'm currently trying to set a strongswan + xl2tpd client connection, I was able to do it using the March 2018 release but, I can't do it with the June release, the configuration is exactly the same but the ipsec fails to establish a connection. My Pi running the March release is still working fine, I also tried the settings on my Ubuntu machine and they work so I'm thinking maybe there is something with the June release, can someone point me to a download link for the March Noobs release?

Thanks!

fruitoftheloom

Re: March 2018 Noobs download

Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:08 am

leog wrote:
Hi guys, I'm currently trying to set a strongswan + xl2tpd client connection, I was able to do it using the March 2018 release but, I can't do it with the June release, the configuration is exactly the same but the ipsec fails to establish a connection. My Pi running the March release is still working fine, I also tried the settings on my Ubuntu machine and they work so I'm thinking maybe there is something with the June release, can someone point me to a download link for the March Noobs release?

Thanks!

NoobS is an Operating System installer / chooser, not the actual Operating System.

Older versions of NoobS can be found here:

http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/NOOBS/images/
Adieu

leog

Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:35 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:08 am
leog wrote:

Thanks!

NoobS is an Operating System installer / chooser, not the actual Operating System.

Older versions of NoobS can be found here:

http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/NOOBS/images/
I see and thanks for the link! I'll post back after testing with fresh install of the March version

DougieLawson

Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:16 pm

Why aren't you using NOOBS 2.8.2 which is fully supported on ANY model of Raspberry?

Going backwards re-introduces known bugs.
Microprocessor, Raspberry Pi & Arduino Hacker
Mainframe database troubleshooter
MQTT Evangelist
Twitter: @DougieLawson

2012-18: 1B*5, 2B*2, B+, A+, Z, ZW, 3Bs*3, 3B+

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

leog

Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:06 pm

After doing some testing with the March release, it turned out that the problem was not the OS, it's the strongswan xl2tpd installation. I tested using the Jessie version of strongswan xl2tpd with the June OS release and my configuration is working again. Seems like they changed something (strongswan), not sure what and I don't intend to go through all those patch notes. I'm just glad I was able to make it work again. Thanks for the help! :D

Return to “Raspbian”