c4n1

Updating Chromium on Wheezy

Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:48 am

Hey All,

I have a bit of a niche requirement, we have a lot of Wheezy based Pi's in production and would like to upgrade chromium on them to a higher version than provided by the repos. Has anyone tried this successfully? I had a look at just upgrading the OS but running that update on a large number of production machines doesn't seem like a good idea. I could probably compile it from source but that seems to be a little difficult as the Pi itself isn't powerful enough to do it.

If anyone has any suggestions for an easy route or can help me avoid any pitfalls that would be great!

fruitoftheloom

Re: Updating Chromium on Wheezy

Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:38 am

c4n1 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:48 am
Hey All,

I have a bit of a niche requirement, we have a lot of Wheezy based Pi's in production and would like to upgrade chromium on them to a higher version than provided by the repos. Has anyone tried this successfully? I had a look at just upgrading the OS but running that update on a large number of production machines doesn't seem like a good idea. I could probably compile it from source but that seems to be a little difficult as the Pi itself isn't powerful enough to do it.

If anyone has any suggestions for an easy route or can help me avoid any pitfalls that would be great!

Raspbian Wheezy never had chromium-browser by default, Epiphany Browser was included:

viewtopic.php?t=156943

Regards upgrading Wheezy to Stretch it is not recommended, Wheezy was end of life 3 years ago.
The information is out there....you just have to let it in.

Return to “Raspberry Pi OS”