fjleon

Re: [HowTo!] Smooth youtube 1080p in Chromium

Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:56 pm

today i am not getting crashes, but the videos pause without an ability to unpause them within a few minutes. this is so inconsistent for me.

of course i would like to figure out why i cannot turn on the kms driver without crashing chromium. maybe i will retry raspbian over the weekend from scratch again

jms301

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:57 pm

Hi fjleon,

Did you solve your problem of intermittent video freeze?

I'm seeing the same problem on a 3B+ playing local H.264 videos

I haven't attempted applying all the modifications in this thread yet so I'll give that a go tomorrow.

fjleon

Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:26 pm

i reformatted yesterday and put raspbian back in. ran the script on this thread twice (because it has some bug and the chromium modifications don't get inserted in the file somehow). also i put 192 MB to the graphics card in the config file.

after doing that i am getting decent results in the smores website. no crashes so far and only a couple of video pauses. However i also tried youtube just for testing and it can't handle 1080p full screen, it skips around 80% of the frames.

note that i didn't try to use one of the experimental opengl drivers and chrome://gpu shows very little accelerated processes.

note that i also didn't run apt-get upgrade so chromium is still at version 62 and getting lots of warnings about flash being too old.

ztealmax

Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:58 am

fjleon wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:26 pm
i reformatted yesterday and put raspbian back in. ran the script on this thread twice (because it has some bug and the chromium modifications don't get inserted in the file somehow). also i put 192 MB to the graphics card in the config file.

after doing that i am getting decent results in the smores website. no crashes so far and only a couple of video pauses. However i also tried youtube just for testing and it can't handle 1080p full screen, it skips around 80% of the frames.

note that i didn't try to use one of the experimental opengl drivers and chrome://gpu shows very little accelerated processes.

note that i also didn't run apt-get upgrade so chromium is still at version 62 and getting lots of warnings about flash being too old.
Hmm i think this is verry weird as it works great for me, i wonder what makes your setup not work as it should,
i could upload an .img for you to try out if you want.

fjleon

Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:45 pm

i don't really care about 1080p but i appreciate the offer. what i am curious to see is a screenshot of your chrome://gpu and maybe your whole config.txt and what chromium version are you using.

Return to “Raspbian”