taylorkh

Raspbian Stretch - right click on desktop to bring up terminal - how?

Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:50 pm

I am new to the Raspberry Pi (just received it a couple of days ago) but have reasonable knowledge of Linux. I am used to right clicking on the desktop to bring up a terminal. Is there a way to configure Raspbian to do this?

TIA,

Ken

B.Goode

Re: Raspbian Stretch - right click on desktop to bring up terminal - how?

Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:37 pm

It's not an answer to your question, and I know that 'muscle memory' can be hard to retrain, but if you can access the desktop can you simply use the Terminal icon [ >_ ] in the menu bar at the top of the screen?

taylorkh

Re: Raspbian Stretch - right click on desktop to bring up terminal - how?

Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:56 pm

Thanks B.Goode,

That is exactly what I am doing. When I install a new PC/OS one of the first things I do is to add a terminal launcher to the panel in case I have something running which is covering the Desktop. At least Rasbian did that for me :D

I have ONE CentOS 6 virtual machine (VMWare) which will not open a terminal from the right click on Desktop menu. It is a very minimal GUI install and is used for a specific purpose. As I do not often need a terminal on that machine I have not bothered to figure out why. Probably a setting in dconf editor (which is not installed). Someday I need to replace that machine with CentOS 7.

Thanks again for your reply,

Ken

Return to “Raspbian”