bfpa40

Raspbian Stretch WiFi Issue with Pi Zero W

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:45 pm

Having an issue getting my WiFi to work after downloading and installing a the New Raspbian Stretch Desktop Version. This is a completely new build I used etcher to flash the SD Card and installed it in my Pi Zero W and modified my /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf file as I had become accustomed to doing on Jesse and no worky! Is there a known set of procedures with this new Stretch OS for getting the WiFi to work with a Pi Zero W ?

Upon looking at other posts I have tried the following in my /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf file without any luck.

ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1
country=US

network={
ssid="your-network-service-set-identifier"
psk="your-network-WPA/WPA2-security-passphrase"
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
}

Please assist..

Thanks in advance

mattmiller

Re: Raspbian Stretch WiFi Issue with Pi Zero W

Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:49 pm

If your using the Desktop version then its much easier to simply use the WiFi GUI option to connect to your router as it eliminates any change of a typo creeping in

bfpa40

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:43 pm

I tried however the GUI APP when I right click or left click on it doesn't open any other window, so I guess what I am saying is it does nothing therefor I am forced into Terminal land.

mattmiller

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:53 pm

I tried however the GUI APP when I right click or left click on it doesn't open any other window, so I guess what I am saying is it does nothing
So I think we've found the real problem :)

Does the Pi def work with Jessie?

If so, try downloading the latest Stretch (it got updated last week) via a different browser (to eliminate any corruptions with download in orig browser) and give that a run out

bfpa40

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:57 pm

It Did before I decided to go to Stretch it was fully functional;.

bfpa40

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:59 pm

I am using the Latest Stretch I downloaded it this afternoon and installed it, still no worky!

bfpa40

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:08 pm

I HAVE IT WORKING NOW.. Thank you for the suggestion what I did was to reflash Stretch again and tried the GUI this time I entered the Router Data and it then allows me to select the WiFi Access Point and I put in the Password and Walla.

I appreciate the suggestion as I have been hacking at this all afternoon! Thanks Again

-Brian-

Return to “Raspbian”