FlexMcMurphy

Re: Cannot resize Raspbian Stretch lite images with Parted

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:22 pm

pi-anazazi wrote: ... unbelievable thread here. As fruity pointed out in the very beginning: Use piclone, it resized to whichever size you want. In just 5 minutes you're done.
fruitoftheloom suggested using SD Card Copier "to back up to another SD Card in a USB SDHC Card Reader". It only runs in the GUI version of Raspbian.

piclone appears to be the command line version of SD Card Copier... https://github.com/raspberrypi-ui/piclo ... src/backup piclone doesn't "resize(d) to whichever size you want". It clones a running SD card onto another SD card. The resulting size of the clone is determined by the size of the destination disk which it occupies the entirety of and you have no choice over that.

Neither satisfy my use case, which I made clear from the start, I am using headless Raspbian and my goal is to create a backup image file, in which the size of the image file is minimized with regard to how much space is occupied by the root file system. I will store these backups on a drive somewhere along with several others and optionally flash them to an SD card at some future point in time.

Flex

broo0ose

Re: Cannot resize Raspbian Stretch lite images with Parted

Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:52 pm

FlexMcMurphy wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:00 pm

Code: Select all

dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=serial0,115200 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline fsck.repair=yes rootwait
==== I made a change to my /etc/fstab to look like this but no joy...

Code: Select all

proc            /proc           proc    defaults          0       0
/dev/mmcblk0p1  /boot           vfat    defaults          0       2
/dev/mmcblk0p2  /               ext4    defaults,noatime  0       1
# a swapfile is not a swap partition, no line here
#   use  dphys-swapfile swap[on|off]  for that
For the record I was having the same issue after resizing using the pishrink script on github. After I mounted the images and made these changes it worked.

Return to “Raspbian”