tony-addyman

Stretch and libGLESv2.so (and libEGL.so)

Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:21 pm

When I updated to Stretch from Jessie the picam application on my RPi stopped working because it couldn't find the libraries mentioned above. I tried sym linking and making copies of the corresponding brcm libraries so no avail. ldconfig was not impressed :-)

By chance I decided to run sudo rpi-update this morning: I had updated the OS, so maybe I should update the firmware too. The missing libraries are now back in /opt/vc/lib. They have last modified dates of 22:49 on August 23rd. picam is now working again.

Posted in case there are other users and applications affected by the apparent loss of these libraries.

Tony

derhass

Re: Stretch and libGLESv2.so (and libEGL.so)

Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:06 pm

I've observed the same thing after updating to stretch. Note that there are mesa packages which provide libGLESv2.so, but those are obviously using mesa and not the VC specific stuff, and won't work in conjunction with the VC display manager. There are still static libraries in /opt/vc/lib, with the explicit suffix _static added to the name, and using them actuallly does work (you'll need to add some other vcos libs, too, though). However, doing an rpi-update did bring back the shared libs in /opt/vc. But I do wonder what the official way for GLES on stretch is supposed to be...
"Perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove." -- Antoine de Saint Exupéry

noufalbabu

Re: Stretch and libGLESv2.so (and libEGL.so)

Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:31 pm

For me this fixed the issue in latest version of stretch

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv2.so.2 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv2.so

Return to “Raspbian”