Paul_L

Wireless keyboard Issue back again after upgrading to 18.09

Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:03 pm

I made an upgrade on 18.09 version of raspbian . After reboot one surprise , I was not able to log in anymore. After some tests I have seen that my username and password were sent wrong by my wireless keyboard that I used flawless from 19.04 version. Before 19.04 version I had the same issues with repeating or not sending typed keys. By typing slowly and carefully I am able to log in and use but with many errors from keyboard. What happens in this new version? Can be corrected ?

Paul_L

Re: Wireless keyboard Issue back again after upgrading to 18

Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:31 pm

Nobody have seen this issue ? All wireless keyboards are working well ?

ksangeelee

Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:28 am

I've seen this problem on all distributions I've used. Most recently, I installed a 2012-09-18-wheezy-raspbian image, and the problem seemed a bit more pronounced than it had ever been. I almost always use ssh, so it's been ignored up till now.

I updated (apt-get dist-upgrade) to get the latest packages and used rpi-update to get the latest firmware and kernel, but the problem was still there. I searched the wiki, which suggested this is caused by power-supply issues.

So, I connected a 2200uF capacitor across 5V and GND, and the problem is solved. Looks like I've had a borderline power issue from day one. It was possibly more pronounced because I started overclocking, or perhaps the configuration of the GPU side has changed the power draw slightly.

I spliced the power-cable and soldered in the capacitor. It may also have worked had I just moved the keyboard closer to the USB dongle.

Paul_L

Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:26 am

Exactly the same here. I will try the solution with a 2200 micro capacitor. Anyway my power supply has 1000mA and the cable has no more then 30 cm . I did not make measuremens of voltage before and after upgrading to 18.09 raspbian . Did you ? Might be the last version is using more power .

Return to “Raspbian”