bruno49

please help me by making a script.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:00 pm

Hello everyone,
I am completely novice on Raspberry 3 and on programming so here is my problem I am passionate about radio and so I create
A small PMR relay that is connected to my raspi where I installed the Mumble software which is a VOIP communication software so far no worries
Or I am blocked is that I am forced to restart manually the Mumble software whenever there is a power failure.
So see or I need your help is that I want Mumble to launch automatically when raspi boots but there I do not know
At all or go and how to do because I am novice under rasbian and its programming because I usually work under Windows.

So there would be someone who could help me by making a script or explain step by step how to follow.

Here is good we all and thank you in advance for the help you bring me
Bruno49

PS I have Teamviewer installed on the raspi for those who would like to take direct hand on my raspi

ktb

Re: help

Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:36 pm

bruno49 wrote:Hello everyone,
I am completely novice on Raspberry 3 and on programming so here is my problem I am passionate about radio and so I create
A small PMR relay that is connected to my raspi where I installed the Mumble software which is a VOIP communication software so far no worries
Or I am blocked is that I am forced to restart manually the Mumble software whenever there is a power failure.
So see or I need your help is that I want Mumble to launch automatically when raspi boots but there I do not know
At all or go and how to do because I am novice under rasbian and its programming because I usually work under Windows.

So there would be someone who could help me by making a script or explain step by step how to follow.

Here is good we all and thank you in advance for the help you bring me
Bruno49

PS I have Teamviewer installed on the raspi for those who would like to take direct hand on my raspi
I'm not sure I understand all of your post, but if you just want to have Mumble start when you log-in to the Pixel desktop environment as the pi user, then you can edit the autostart file located at /home/pi/.config/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart

Code: Select all

@lxpanel --profile LXDE-pi
@pcmanfm --desktop --profile LXDE-pi
@xscreensaver -no-splash
@point-rpi
@mumble

antarix1

Re: please help me by making a script.

Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Alternatively, how do you restart mumble after reboot in headless mode (SSH only and no X-desktop). Mine does not start even with mumble-server config set to auto-start at boot.
Thanks in advance.

no3rpi

Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:55 pm

I just edited:
/etc/default/mumble-server

Code: Select all

# 0 = don't start, 1 = start
MURMUR_DAEMON_START=1

# 0 = don't use capabilities, 1 = start process as root and drop to non-privileged user
# If started as root, mumble will keep the CAP_NET_ADMIN privilege and drop
# all others. This allows it to set high-priority TOS on outgoing IP packets.
MURMUR_USE_CAPABILITIES=1

# This controls how many file descriptors the murmur process can open.
# As a rule of thumb, you should have about 20 descriptors per virtaul
# server and one for each client. So 30 servers with 20 clients each would
# need at least 720 descriptors (30 * 4 + 30 * 20).
# MURMUR_LIMIT_NOFILE=65536
and configured for my need
/etc/mumble-server.ini

nothing more, it just auto start.

KenKK

Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:16 am

I am confused by the previous post.

Could someone explain where you add the listing to to make mumber auto start on boot.

Thank you,
Ken

Return to “Raspbian”