W. H. Heydt

A (trivial) PIXEL request

Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:48 am

The wallpaper images are very pretty. Rather "busy" for my taste, but pretty. However, when I take Pis to a Jam and set them up to use them for stray people wandering to get a chance to try one out, the wallpaper choice s really don't say "Raspberry Pi" to anyone, nor is it immediately obvious that a Pi is what is being demo'd/allowed to be used. Therefore, I would like to request...

Can we get a wallpaper choice that is the original great big Raspberry Pi logo on a plain background, please?

(And while on the topic of wallpaper...what is the image size--in pixels--of the wallpaper images?)

PeterO

Re: A (trivial) PIXEL request

Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:54 am

Its easy to do...

From the menu in the task bar : Preferences : Appearance Settings : Desk Top : Picture : select /usr/share/raspberrypi-artwork/raspberrypi-logo.png

PeterO
Discoverer of the PI2 XENON DEATH FLASH!
Interests: C,Python,PIC,Electronics,Ham Radio (G0DZB),1960s British Computers.
"The primary requirement (as we've always seen in your examples) is that the code is readable. " Dougie Lawson

bensimmo

Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:17 am

While they can be navigated to and something I mentioned at the very start 'The Brandon's
It would be nice to have them in the same folder by default so they are easy to select.
Why are they kept somewhere completely different.

If you don't know where they are (or forget as is easy to do) it a pain to set it back.

I still think a schools competition to design some RaspberryPi logo might be a good gig. Especially if they decided on a nice 'child friendly but not just TuxPaint' programme.
For instance my kids love TuxPaint when they where younger (preschool/infants).
My elder (end primary/start seniors) can use Paint.net which is excellent, but Photoshop is a bit too much.
Sorry, just realised I'm drifting off topic... Something for me to look into for Raspian. Paint programmes.

///
1080 16:9 wide-screen iirc, the targeted resolution and from memory mentioned in the licence (if you remember that long thread)

W. H. Heydt

Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:35 pm

PeterO wrote:Its easy to do...

From the menu in the task bar : Preferences : Appearance Settings : Desk Top : Picture : select /usr/share/raspberrypi-artwork/raspberrypi-logo.png

PeterO
Just for anyone else that tries to use that image. you should also set it to display unscaled on the monitor.

Horrorzilla

Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:43 am

This is my favorite background - http://raspberry.piaustralia.com.au/pro ... angled.jpg . I agree - the default wallpapers are cool but I also wanted something more rpi related.

W. H. Heydt

Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:25 am

Horrorzilla wrote:This is my favorite background - http://raspberry.piaustralia.com.au/pro ... angled.jpg . I agree - the default wallpapers are cool but I also wanted something more rpi related.
Heh... For a name badge (Pi Zero + Neosec Tinylcd 35) I grabbed the stylized drawing of a Pi from the store section of this web site to be the background.

Return to “Raspbian”