fruitoftheloom

Re: Flash Player now available for Chromium

Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:20 am

mattmiller wrote:
Adobe Air & Flash Playerfor Linux got pulled 5 years ago, pre-dates Scratch 2, so MiT dropped a big one
It doesn't pre-date when development on Scratch2 started

Until Pi came along there were extremely few Linux computers in the hands of children

At the time of development - Flash was a reasonable technology to design and build Scratch 2 although Jens Moenig and Brian Harvey demonstrated that javascript was also viable at the time
Teachers use Scratch, not just Children.

MiT had 2 years between end of Linux Flash and Scratch 2, as did many other developers who still produce Flash Content.

There is no excuse whatsoever for being lazy and just developing primarily for Windows Users :roll:

Anyway I have said my piece and apart form a couple of websites can live happily without Flash Player / Adobe Air :D :D
Retired disgracefully.....

klaiiii

Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:22 pm

[quote="DNPNWO"]What version of Flash is installed? Current for Chrome/Chromium browser appears to be v23.

I have the same question. I tried to update it and I still don't get the pepper flash player built in looking at the chrome://plugins, only the flash player v11. Did I update that incorrectly? I saw the file libpepflashplayer.so in the chromium folder.

insanityideas

Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:32 pm

spl23 wrote: We'd much prefer to offer Scratch 2 as an offline application, but it requires Adobe AIR to run on the target platform, and Adobe withdrew support for AIR on Linux around 5 years ago.
Nothing is ever simple :D I had been running on the mistaken belief that if it used Flash in the browser it would use flash in the downloadable offline version (After all your browser downloads it to run).

Realistically though Scratch 1.4 is good enough, all the functionality we use is there in both versions, its just everything on the screen has changed locations and has new icons, which is quite important if you're a child and new to programming computers.

On a positive note, now that Chromium is the bundled browser it makes it easy to use the micro:bit in lessons, but with the limitation of needing the internet. - I am thinking for the block based programming language, rather than python which is covered with MU offline. So now you can transition from using scratch to make animations, to using something scratch-like to control a physical device. Just in time for those free micro:bit's sent out to CodeClubs.

fruitoftheloom

Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:01 pm

klaiiii wrote:
DNPNWO wrote:What version of Flash is installed? Current for Chrome/Chromium browser appears to be v23.

I have the same question. I tried to update it and I still don't get the pepper flash player built in looking at the chrome://plugins, only the flash player v11. Did I update that incorrectly? I saw the file libpepflashplayer.so in the chromium folder.
I believe you need to install rpi-chromium-mods package

spl23
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:08 pm

klaiiii wrote:I tried to update it and I still don't get the pepper flash player built in looking at the chrome://plugins, only the flash player v11. Did I update that incorrectly? I saw the file libpepflashplayer.so in the chromium folder.
The libpepflashplayer.so file reports as Flash Player v 11.2.999.999 in chrome://plugins. I suspect that version number may not be correct, but it is the one stored in the library. The library is the one delivered to us by Adobe last week, so it is the most recent version available.

klaiiii

Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:03 pm

spl23 wrote:
klaiiii wrote:I tried to update it and I still don't get the pepper flash player built in looking at the chrome://plugins, only the flash player v11. Did I update that incorrectly? I saw the file libpepflashplayer.so in the chromium folder.
The libpepflashplayer.so file reports as Flash Player v 11.2.999.999 in chrome://plugins. I suspect that version number may not be correct, but it is the one stored in the library. The library is the one delivered to us by Adobe last week, so it is the most recent version available.
I see. So this is the flash player from adobe, not the pepper flash player provided by google? I heard that the official support for linux from adobe is only up to v11, and the pepper flash player is the one that keeps updating. If that's so, why is the filename called libpepflashplayer.so? I thought that is for the pepper flash player? Thanks!
Last edited by klaiiii on Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

fruitoftheloom

Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:38 pm

Yes confusing especially since Adobe Beta is v23

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

spl23

Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:17 pm

klaiiii wrote:
spl23 wrote:
I see. So this is the flash player from adobe, not the pepper flash player provided by google? I heard that the official support for linux from adobe is only up to v11, and the pepper flash player is the one that keeps updating. If that's so, why is the filename called libpepflashplayer.so? I thought that is for the pepper flash player? Thanks!
It's the file name given to the library by Adobe. I assume it is taken from the fact that it is the PPAPI version of Flash Player as opposed to the NPAPI version, rather than Pepper Flash, which is the third-party version of Flash Player from Google.

The other possibility is that Adobe deliberately choose this name so that it will override/overwrite the Google Pepper Flash binary if it is installed on the same system.

Looking at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/, it would appear that the NPAPI version of Adobe Flash Player is indeed still at version 11.2, while the PPAPI versions are at version 23. I will try to get clarification from Adobe as to the exact contents of this binary - I suspect what is happening here is an incorrect version number being reported by the binary, as Adobe told me that the version number of the binary they shipped to us was 23.0.0.185.

DNPNWO

Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:10 am

spl23 wrote: It's the file name given to the library by Adobe. I assume it is taken from the fact that it is the PPAPI version of Flash Player as opposed to the NPAPI version, rather than Pepper Flash, which is the third-party version of Flash Player from Google.

Looking at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/, it would appear that the NPAPI version of Adobe Flash Player is indeed still at version 11.2, while the PPAPI versions are at version 23. I will try to get clarification from Adobe as to the exact contents of this binary - I suspect what is happening here is an incorrect version number being reported by the binary, as.
There may possibly be some misleading info here.
Adobe told me that the version number of the binary they shipped to us was 23.0.0.185
Looks like Adobe didn't ship you the Adobe Flash binary (libflashplayer.so), Instead they provided you with the non-free Google Pepperflash binary v23 (libpepflashplayer.so).

The flash file in the PIXEL Chromium browser is Google's non-free Pepperflash, and it is v23. It is not the freely distributable Adobe Flash (libflashplayer.so).

The binary included in PIXEL is named 'libpepflashplayer.so'...i.e., pep[per] flash player.

Even Adobe themselves say this binary is Google's Pepperflash: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb ... hrome.html

The other possibility is that Adobe deliberately choose this name so that it will override/overwrite the Google Pepper Flash binary if it is installed on the same system.
When both versions are installed in chromium browser (Adobe Flash and Pepperflash), Chromium browser only sees Pepperflash. Adobe Flash (libflashplayer.so) will not 'override' Google Pepperflash (libpepflashplayer.so).

Just out of curiosity, How does the Foundation get Adobe to give them Proprietary software which they do not own, or have rights to? Google's Pepper Flash Player is a non-free (proprietary) software. It's also closed source and not supported by Debian.

According to Google, they do not support the 32-bit version of Linux any more. Raspbian is 32-bit linux. So...what are the legalities involved here regarding the Foundation's installing/using proprietary non-free software on an unsupported platform without explicit approval (From Google), running on FOSS Debian Linux?

pepperflashplugin-nonfree is no longer available for 32 bits since google chrome stopped support for Linux 32 bits.

Some info:
Sourced from Adobe regarding Linux based Flash:
(if you want Flash Player version later than 11.2)
The latest Flash Player version supported on Linux for browsers such as Mozilla Firefox is Flash Player 11.2. However, Google Chrome provides you with a newer version. If the content requires a newer version of Flash Player, enable the default Pepper Flash Player plug-in.

Start Google Chrome, and then type chrome://plugins in the address bar.

Click Details and move to the Flash section.

Enable libpepflashplayer.so by clicking Enable.

Restart the browser and see if you can view rich media content by accessing the web pages.
Sourced from wiki.debian.org
Pepper Flash Player is maintained by Google, and is newer than Adobe Flash Player. Adobe currently still provides security fixes for Adobe Flash Player. Google provides newer features in Pepper Flash Player. Pepper Flash Player can currently only be used with Chromium (and with Chrome).

The package is a separate Debian package, not integrated in flashplugin-nonfree. Users can choose between Adobe Flash Player and Pepper Flash Player by installing the corresponding Debian package. Both packages will co-exist for some time, until Adobe finally ends security support for the Adobe Flash Player. Pepper Flash Player uses a different interface with the browser than Adobe Flash Player, so it doesn't fit in the mechanism of "alternatives" (flash-mozilla.so). When both are installed on one system, then Chromium currently only sees the Pepper Flash Player.

rpdom

Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:30 am

DNPNWO wrote:According to Google, they do not support the 32-bit version of Linux any more. Raspbian is 32-bit linux.
They mean "32-bit x86 version". It does not refer to ARM 32-bit.

It's a bit like the fact that Docker( for example) is for 64-bit (x86) systems only - and the 32-bit (armhf) Pi. I admit I grinned a little when I looked at the install script which has a line to that effect :-)

Cancelor

Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:20 am

I'm trying to connect to http://www.evony.com ... can anyone else get this to work?
Can't find the thread you want? Try googling : YourSearchHere site:raspberrypi.org

spl23

Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:37 pm

DNPNWO wrote:
spl23 wrote: It's the file name given to the library by Adobe. I assume it is taken from the fact that it is the PPAPI version of Flash Player as opposed to the NPAPI version, rather than Pepper Flash, which is the third-party version of Flash Player from Google.

Looking at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/, it would appear that the NPAPI version of Adobe Flash Player is indeed still at version 11.2, while the PPAPI versions are at version 23. I will try to get clarification from Adobe as to the exact contents of this binary - I suspect what is happening here is an incorrect version number being reported by the binary, as.
There may possibly be some misleading info here.
Adobe told me that the version number of the binary they shipped to us was 23.0.0.185
Looks like Adobe didn't ship you the Adobe Flash binary (libflashplayer.so), Instead they provided you with the non-free Google Pepperflash binary v23 (libpepflashplayer.so).

The flash file in the PIXEL Chromium browser is Google's non-free Pepperflash, and it is v23. It is not the freely distributable Adobe Flash (libflashplayer.so).

The binary included in PIXEL is named 'libpepflashplayer.so'...i.e., pep[per] flash player.

Even Adobe themselves say this binary is Google's Pepperflash: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb ... hrome.html

When both versions are installed in chromium browser (Adobe Flash and Pepperflash), Chromium browser only sees Pepperflash. Adobe Flash (libflashplayer.so) will not 'override' Google Pepperflash (libpepflashplayer.so).

Just out of curiosity, How does the Foundation get Adobe to give them Proprietary software which they do not own, or have rights to? Google's Pepper Flash Player is a non-free (proprietary) software. It's also closed source and not supported by Debian.

According to Google, they do not support the 32-bit version of Linux any more. Raspbian is 32-bit linux. So...what are the legalities involved here regarding the Foundation's installing/using proprietary non-free software on an unsupported platform without explicit approval (From Google), running on FOSS Debian Linux?

pepperflashplugin-nonfree is no longer available for 32 bits since google chrome stopped support for Linux 32 bits.
You say that "Looks like Adobe didn't ship you the Adobe Flash binary (libflashplayer.so), Instead they provided you with the non-free Google Pepperflash binary v23 (libpepflashplayer.so)."

Are you basing that statement on anything other than the filename of the library?

The binary we are shipping definitely came from Adobe, and they have told us it is their Flash Player. It is very unlikely that they are lying about that.

Given the huge legal repercussions from them passing off someone else's code as their own, Occam's Razor suggests that they have just renamed their library to match Google's, so that it will overwrite the Google binary if it is installed. (Particularly given that, as you point out above, Google are not supporting 32-bit Linux with PepperFlash anyway.)

As above - do you have any evidence beside the filename (which proves nothing) that this is actually the Google library and not Adobe code? If so, I am happy to investigate with Adobe, but I am not going to start accusing them of violating Google's IP without evidence.

DNPNWO

Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:05 pm

You say that "Looks like Adobe didn't ship you the Adobe Flash binary (libflashplayer.so), Instead they provided you with the non-free Google Pepperflash binary v23 (libpepflashplayer.so)."

Are you basing that statement on anything other than the filename of the library?
Of course. I extracted the binary, added the pepperflash manifest file (.json), and installed it into the chromium browser plugins. it is Pepperflash.

In any event, Adobe Flash only supported up to v11 for linux based distros. They explicitly state that to have a newer/higher version then you should use Pepperflash.

To Wit:
"(if you want Flash Player version later than 11.2)
The latest Flash Player version supported on Linux for browsers such as Mozilla Firefox is Flash Player 11.2. However, Google Chrome provides you with a newer version. If the content requires a newer version of Flash Player, enable the default Pepper Flash Player plug-in."

Adobe Flash player (libflashplayer.so), and Google Pepperflash player (libpepflashplayer.so) also use a different interface in chrome/chromium browser.

You can easily verify the version of linux-based flash installed in Chromium Browser, by visting this website (make sure to enable flash in 'chrome://plugins/' first):

Anything over 11.2 in a Linux based Chrome/Chromium browser is Pepperflash
http://flashbuilder.eu/flash-player-version.html

Isn't it somewhat illegal if say the Foundation were to hack the Google v23 libpepflashplayer.so, to make it work with an officially unsupported 32-bit armhf FOSS based Debian Linux platform without Google's ok (licensing?) in regards to modifying the software or using it in ways untended by the original creators, and then say intentionally misrepresent, and distribute that hacked/modified binary? You know, considering it is non-free, proprietary closed source software and all?

If you like, I can push this up to Google's anti-piracy division here in the States for clarification, and see what they think? Might eliminate any confusion that exists.

gkreidl

Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:53 pm

DNPNWO wrote:

Of course. I extracted the binary, added the pepperflash manifest file (.json), and installed it into the chromium browser plugins. it is Pepperflash.

In any event, Adobe Flash only supported up to v11 for linux based distros. They explicitly state that to have a newer/higher version then you should use Pepperflash.

To Wit:
"(if you want Flash Player version later than 11.2)
The latest Flash Player version supported on Linux for browsers such as Mozilla Firefox is Flash Player 11.2. However, Google Chrome provides you with a newer version. If the content requires a newer version of Flash Player, enable the default Pepper Flash Player plug-in."

Adobe Flash player (libflashplayer.so), and Google Pepperflash player (libpepflashplayer.so) also use a different interface in chrome/chromium browser.

You can easily verify the version of linux-based flash installed in Chromium Browser, by visting this website (make sure to enable flash in 'chrome://plugins/' first):

Anything over 11.2 in a Linux based Chrome/Chromium browser is Pepperflash
http://flashbuilder.eu/flash-player-version.html

Isn't it somewhat illegal if say the Foundation were to hack the Google v23 libpepflashplayer.so, to make it work with an officially unsupported 32-bit armhf FOSS based Debian Linux platform without Google's ok (licensing?) in regards to modifying the software or using it in ways untended by the original creators, and then say intentionally misrepresent, and distribute that hacked/modified binary? You know, considering it is non-free, proprietary closed source software and all?

If you like, I can push this up to Google's anti-piracy division here in the States for clarification, and see what they think? Might eliminate any confusion that exists.
1) Adobe Flash player has always been "non-free, proprietary closed source software"
2) pepperflash is the just the Adobe flash player put into another plugin interface (PPAPI), perhaps created with the help of Google.
3) Adobe has stopped all flash development for phones, media players etc. about 5 years ago and dismissed about 150 programmers (if I remember correctly). There hasn't been an ARM version from Adobe for years.
4) It seems that Google wanted to have a flash player for Chrome OS - at least it became available again from Chrome OS images and that includes ARM versions. Maybe Google helped with compiling the ARM versions. That has always been the source we have used in the past to add Flash to the chromium-browser on the RPi. In the plugin interface it was always shown as "Adobe Flash Player".

This looks like a cooperation between Google and Adobe, but I don't know of any official statement. The version numbering is exactly the same.
Adobe only says "Google provides ...", not that it has been created or is owned by Google.

This whole discussion is just nonsense. If Adobe sent the plugin to the RPF they know what they are doing. If Google provides it (as part of Chrome OS, for example), they know what they are doing. A lot of fuss about nothing.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

DNPNWO

Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:12 pm

gkreidl wrote:
This looks like a cooperation between Google and Adobe, but I don't know of any official statement...
Adobe only says "Google provides ...", not that it has been created or is owned by Google.

...If Adobe sent the plugin to the RPF they know what they are doing. If Google provides it (as part of Chrome OS, for example), they know what they are doing. A lot of fuss about nothing.
You are assuming without any factual basis to back up what you are saying, and your conclusion is debatable.

1. When it comes down to it, Google does not support the platform, and has in fact actively discontinued support for it.

2. Adobe Flash does not support the linux platform with Flash above v1.12

3. Google's Pepper Flash Is proprietary, and is solely maintained by Google for use with their Chrome/Chromium browser. To my knowledge, Adobe has no rights to the Google Pepper Flash version. and cannot dictate licensing agreements for the proprietary non-free closed source version of the Pepper Flash software. There is a reason why libpepflashplayer.so is non-free and closed source software, whereas Adobe flash (libflashplayer.so) is open source software.
Pepper Flash Player is maintained by Google, and is newer than Adobe Flash Player. Adobe currently still provides security fixes for Adobe Flash Player. Google provides newer features in Pepper Flash Player. Pepper Flash Player can currently only be used with Chromium (and with Chrome).
Source

4. If Adobe license use of Adobe Flash to the Foundation, then that is what they are supposed to use (libflashplayer.so), The open source Adobe Flash linux platform version does not exceed v1.12. Chromium browser is open source. Pepperflash is not open source.

5. Because Chromium/Chrome browser is not supported on this linux armhf platform, it requires modification to make it work. That is fine I suspect, as Chromium browser is open source software, and is freely distributable. The same cannot be said for modifying the Pepperflash software to work on a platform that is unsupported.

Non-free means non-free. proprietary closed source means proprietary closed source.

You cannot justify modification and use of closed source non-free software to work on an unsupported linux based armhf platform without an explicit licensing agreement. By most laws, this licensing agreement must be available and view-able in the files- It is not because there probably is no non-free closed source licensing terms for the Foundation to modify/use the software in the way in which they are doing it is my guess. Google owns all rights of Use for Pepper Flash, Not Adobe.

Google does not support the Foundation's platform, and being that Pepperflash is closed source, non-free, it suggests that there is no implied permission to modify and/or alter the non-free, proprietary closed source software that belongs to Google.

kusti8

Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:42 pm

You are assuming that the Foundation doesn't have a legal license with Adobe, which they do. Also, kindly point me to the source code of Adobe Flash.

Chromium has support for ARMHF, it says so in their code. What do you think Chrome books are? They are ARM. I have personally looked at the source code to compile it and 1) there are gyp and gn flags allowing you to specify arm and the arm version 2) their documentation on the website says so 3) inside their code they have definitions for ARMv7, to port it to ARMV6 required changing definitions and disabling thumb support.

The Foundation contacted Adobe and they provided the binary.

Since when has Google not support Linux? Since when had Google not supported ARM?

Any links to these claims?
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

kusti8

Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:54 pm

Also, seems adobe has a program that allows you to modify or distribute Adobe Flash. https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/pol ... ogram.html
Understand that Flash is still someone's intellectual property, NPAPI or PPAPI so the rights belong to Adobe. Flash is closed source and so they hold the rights. It is up to them to distribute.

I don't understand. You adamantly complain before Flash is released that it wasn't there and that you needed it for Pandora etc and now you're complaining about it and not wanting to use it.
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

eupton
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:34 pm

DNPNWO wrote:You cannot justify modification and use of closed source non-free software to work on an unsupported linux based armhf platform without an explicit licensing agreement. By most laws, this licensing agreement must be available and view-able in the files- It is not because there probably is no non-free closed source licensing terms for the Foundation to modify/use the software in the way in which they are doing it is my guess. Google owns all rights of Use for Pepper Flash, Not Adobe.

Google does not support the Foundation's platform, and being that Pepperflash is closed source, non-free, it suggests that there is no implied permission to modify and/or alter the non-free, proprietary closed source software that belongs to Google.
Your barrack-room lawyer act is annoying. We have a license from Adobe to distribute the binary that we are distributing. If you don't want to use it, don't use it. If you want to make an ass of yourself by "push[ing] this up to Google's piracy dept here in the States for clarification", knock yourself out.

If you persist in posting concern-troll garbage in this thread, it will be closed, which will suck for those people who are trying to have a real discussion.

gkreidl

Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:13 pm

@DNPNWO:
1) If you insist on Adobe Flash being open source then show me a link to the source code.
2) A maintainer (Google in your quote) is usually not the owner, author or copyright holder.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

fruitoftheloom

Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:19 pm

eupton wrote:
DNPNWO wrote:You cannot justify modification and use of closed source non-free software to work on an unsupported linux based armhf platform without an explicit licensing agreement. By most laws, this licensing agreement must be available and view-able in the files- It is not because there probably is no non-free closed source licensing terms for the Foundation to modify/use the software in the way in which they are doing it is my guess. Google owns all rights of Use for Pepper Flash, Not Adobe.

Your barrack-room lawyer act is annoying. We have a license from Adobe to distribute the binary that we are distributing. If you don't want to use it, don't use it. If you want to make an ass of yourself by "push[ing] this up to Google's piracy dept here in the States for clarification", knock yourself out.

If you persist in posting concern-troll garbage in this thread, it will be closed, which will suck for those people who are trying to have a real discussion.
Cool a response from the top of the tree :D

Please do not close this thread..
....though if you could post a link to the Adobe License Agreement it would be great ;)

spl23

Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:43 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:....though if you could post a link to the Adobe License Agreement it would be great ;)
I've not personally seen the license agreement, but given it is version 23 of Flash Player licensed from Adobe, it's safe to assume that, for an end-user, the EULA will be as per http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/ ... r_23_0.pdf

I wouldn't expect the license agreement to be different from that in any way that is significant.

jbrams

Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:48 am

I would like to see that license agreement from Adobe as well. Maybe there is a reason why the foundation doesn't want anyone to see it. :? Makes me wonder if euption/ Eben has something a little shady going on here...

I bet the terms are for purely educational distribution....which probably only accounts for a small percent of the Raspbian OS distributions...?

DougieLawson

Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:00 am

Who cares about Adobe's agreements with RPF / RPT (or whoever) as long as the folks who want to run Flash can run it and they have an acceptable EULA with free access to the executable code. And the folks who don't want to run it don't get it forced on their systems.

It's probably working in much the same as the Minecraft and Wolfram licences and nobody moans about those.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

ShiftPlusOne
Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:09 am

jbrams/Rive/CJNK/DNPNWO/givemsm/cordon2(and many others), how many sock puppets are you going to keep making? You know we can see that your IP is the same?

Edit: To explain this a bit... he runs around reddit and other sites spreading fud about the pi and talking about himself in third person to promote his distro.
All of the recent 'controversy' about PIXEL (for example the desktop background license) is posted from his sock puppet accounts.

rpix86

Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:04 am

rpix86
ShiftPlusOne wrote:jbrams/Rive/CJNK/DNPNWO/cordon2(and many others), how many sock puppets are you going to keep making?

Edit: To explain this a bit... he runs around reddit and other sites spreading fud about the pi and talking about himself in third person to promote his distro.
All of the recent 'controversy' about PIXEL (for example the desktop background license) is posted from his sock puppet accounts.

[MOD EDIT, profanity removed] Bob's your uncle! Oh my!!! :lol: Who cares. If it is true, then it is true (regarding the background license in any event, and apparently a lot (and I mean alot) of others feel likewise. See : https://np.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/ ... a_nonfree/)

Regarding PIXEL, I tell just about everyone I know to steer clear. It is a garbage DE. Perhaps the Foundation should have removed all the bugs prior to release? PIXEL is crapware if i ever saw it, and even now it is still full of unfixed bugs. To each his own though. ;) )

You know we can see that your IP is the same?
;)

Cheerio!

Return to “Raspbian”