nonodev

Raspbian: Doesn't boot after install

Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:19 am

Hi people,

I'm currently having issue when installing Raspbian (netinstall) on my Raspberry. After install, which is perfectly working, system doesn't boot at all and I only have red light up. I strictly followed Raspbian installer indication. This is happening since last Raspbian release (08-12) and worked just fine before. Someone else experiencing this problem?

Moreover, there was revision last august 20 on Raspbian installer instruction (http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianInstaller) and I couldn't see where changes were. Is it be possible to put changelog information on this page?

Thanks, regards.

mpthompson

Re: Raspbian: Doesn't boot after install

Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:20 am

Hmmm. I was the one who updated the wiki page with the new installer information and my install worked fine. I don't know what the issue might have been with your install. Bad SD card perhaps?

Could you try the installer one more time? If it still doesn't work, I'll go through the complete install process myself and see if I see any issues.

BTW, to see diffs on the wiki pages between edits you need to log into the wiki.

Mike

nonodev

Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:41 am

Hello Mike, thanks for your reply.

I'm currently trying one other installation.
I had a look on the SDCard after install and the FAT32 partition seems to be the problem: only 2 files on it (cmdline & config) ; bootcode, loader or start are not here :? /boot on ext3 part is also empty.

Thanks

mpthompson

Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:47 am

If you continue to experience problems, you may want to post into the installer thread here:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... =66&t=6532

I believe jerry.tk monitors that thread regularly. As he created the installer, he would be the best one to comment on the boot partition not being properly populated.

BTW, below is the contents of my /boot parition after a fresh install:

arm128_start.elf
arm192_start.elf
arm224_start.elf
arm240_start.elf
bootcode.bin
cmdline.txt
config.txt
kernel_cutdown.img
kernel_emergency.img
kernel.img
loader.bin
start.elf

nonodev

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:15 am

Same problem. Gonna try on jerry's post.
Thank you.

Return to “Raspbian”