Peter Ryan

Yet another menu editor question

Tue May 03, 2016 6:58 pm

I'm trying to use the menu editor to tweak the command line options for Terminal. So I'm choosing Applications > Accessories > Terminal. Clicking Properties. And changing the command box so it reads: "lxterminal --geometry=80x50". Click OK and... it makes not a jot of difference!

The editor is creating the file ~/.local/share/applications/lxterminal.desktop as expected, and it does contain the correct command on the Exec= line. It just entirely fails to work.

I note that there's quite a few other menu-editor related posts... would I be better just directly editing the file in /usr/share/raspi-ui-overrides/applications and/or the other one, in /usr/share/raspi-ui-overrides/applications ?

klricks

Re: Yet another menu editor question

Wed May 04, 2016 12:48 am

Works for me, however it only works on the LxTerminal when launched from the [Menu].
The change has no effect on the terminal when launched from the task-bar or when launched from within another LXTerminal.
I prefer to enlarge the terminal by changing the font size.

Edit: The changes do work with a desktop icon created from the [Menu] using the [add to desktop] feature.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Buster w/ Desktop OS.

Return to “Raspbian”