beje

Re: [GUIDE] Raspbian Lite with RPD/LXDE/XFCE/MATE/i3/Openbox/X11 GUI

Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:43 am

GhostRaider wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:19 am

The top and bottom panels are Tint2 panels. I customized the Tint2 panels to my liking to achieve this look. The notifications displayed on the desktop are from xfce4-notifyd. I want to be notified of things such as disconnection from the Internet, or Raspberry Pi is getting hot, or other notifications thrown by Raspbian Lite. Let's see the memory usage of my custom desktop environment:
Dear GhostRaider a VERY BIG THANK YOU! I register here mainly to give you this. I know that there is a big amount of time invested into creating quality content and than (1) to share it (for free) and on the comunity board and (2) to also support the others!

I have also a selfish request: would you share the openbox / tint2 configuration? For the bottom dock/panel I pretty much know what to do, but I am dead curious of how you have set up the top panel. :ugeek:

p.s. to all of you that just requesting stuff, stop for one second and appreciate. And here I mean, take 1 minute and thank the man who worked before (directly) asking for something!

GhostRaider

Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:45 am

beje wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:43 am
GhostRaider wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:19 am

The top and bottom panels are Tint2 panels. I customized the Tint2 panels to my liking to achieve this look. The notifications displayed on the desktop are from xfce4-notifyd. I want to be notified of things such as disconnection from the Internet, or Raspberry Pi is getting hot, or other notifications thrown by Raspbian Lite. Let's see the memory usage of my custom desktop environment:
Dear GhostRaider a VERY BIG THANK YOU! I register here mainly to give you this. I know that there is a big amount of time invested into creating quality content and than (1) to share it (for free) and on the comunity board and (2) to also support the others!

I have also a selfish request: would you share the openbox / tint2 configuration? For the bottom dock/panel I pretty much know what to do, but I am dead curious of how you have set up the top panel. :ugeek:

p.s. to all of you that just requesting stuff, stop for one second and appreciate. And here I mean, take 1 minute and thank the man who worked before (directly) asking for something!
Tint2 gives you the ability to have multiple panels. So one panel can go on the left, then in the middle, and then the right. So while it looks like its a single panel, its just 3 panels on top. Hope that helps! ;)
Guides I have created on the Raspberry Pi Forums:

1) [GUIDE] Raspbian Lite with PIXEL/LXDE/XFCE/MATE/Openbox/i3
2) [GUIDE] Communicate between iOS and Raspberry Pi using MQTT

migasmike

Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:25 pm

Hello,

I´m new in this.
Who can i revert my desktop environment to RPD. Now i´m using the LXDE.
I don´t know how LXDE appears on my Raspberry.

Appreciate your help

chrishurley

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:39 pm

I used this guide last year to set up a Pi with a customised xfce desktop, and it was AMAZING, many many thanks. However I have recently come to set up another Pi, came back to this page only to find it's been edited and all the juicy customisation help has gone :( most disappointed...

TheTechKid

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:54 pm

GhostRaider-

Could you post a guide for your custom Openbox setup? It would be useful for noobs like me :D

Thanks ,
TheTechKid
Stephen Hawking. We will always remember you.
1/8/42 - 3/14/18
Checkout my website! (link on profile page)

HelmutR

Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:34 pm

Hello!

I hope i am right here with my Problem:

I have build a Script to start Chromium in Openbox with Tint2 - it should used for working at Home and build a connection to our Company via Citrix!

In Jessie, all went fine, worked like a charme, now i have upgraded to Stretch (building the Environment complete new) and now Chromium opens the .ica Files (Citrix start files) in Leafpad instead of Citrix Receiver...

I unterstand the difference between an desktop environment and Openbox - Chromium use here xdg-open to claim the mime-types...

What have i done?

Code: Select all

xdg-mime default wfica.desktop application/x-ica
no change! then i have created HOME/.local/share/applications/defaults.list with the correct binding, tried the solutions from here: https://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index. ... 45173.html

but nothing, Chromium opens the File in Leafpad... and now its going to be strange: if i start pcmanfm in the same session in openbox the .ica files have the correct binding and wenn i double click them, the Citrix App opens :shock:

Maybe its a bug in Stretch? As i said - in Jessie there was no problem, the correct binding was already there out of the box!

Perhaps anyone have an Idea what to do, or have that done already ;)
Thanks!

Sorry for my English, i am from Austria and i write not often in English :oops:

starlight.tu

Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:01 am

Excuse me,
Could you share all the packages' name of this theme please?
I also would like to know whether it could use on RPD?

Thanks

Return to “Raspbian”