Adafruit Raspberry Pi Educational Linux Distro
Our tweaked distribution for teaching electronics using the Raspberry PI
http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-rasp ... nux-distro
Adafruit <3 Raspberry Pi - especially how easy it is to hack circuits using the electronics breakout pins! But sadly, thelatest official distro "July 15 Raspbian Wheezy" did not have many of the delicious hackables built in. That's why we decided to roll our own distribution.
Our distro is based on "Wheezy" but comes with hardware SPI, I2C, one wire, and WiFi support for our wifi adapters. It also has some things to make overall hacking easier such sshd on startup (with key generation on first boot) and Bonjour (so you can simply ssh raspberrypi.local from any computer on the local network)
This is our first distro, Occidentalis v0.1. Rubus occidentalis is the black raspberry. It is derived from Raspbian Wheezy July 15
We have made a few key changes to make it more hardware-hacker friendly!
• Updated to Hexxeh firmware
• 4 Gig SD image (will not fit in 2 G cards!)
• I2C and hardware SPI support
• I2C/SPI modules initialized on boot
• sshd on boot
• ssh keygen on first boot
• runs ahavi daemon (Bonjour client) and is called raspberrypi.local
• Realtek RTL8188CUS wifi support
• One wire support on GPIO #4 when loaded
Ladayada, pt & the Adafruit team!