MJMcKevitt

Omxplayer for Raspbian

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:22 pm

I posted my problem in the omxplayer forum but the problem only ever occurs in the Raspbian image so I think here is actually a more appropriate place for it. Basically videos never play to the end. They always cut off early. I've tried so far .avi, .mp4 and .mkv formats and all my videos are known good. .mkv gave an audio::decode error and .avi reported something about segmentation. .mp4 just stopped short and displayed a Have a Nice Day. Any help on this would be great. (I can't use Raspbmc because I have no internet atm). Desperate for an answer.

jbaiter

Re: Omxplayer for Raspbian

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:39 pm

This is a known issue: https://github.com/huceke/omxplayer/issues/23
A patch has already been submitted, but it has yet to be accepted by the original author: https://github.com/huceke/omxplayer/pull/24

asb
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:24 pm

I've updated the omxplayer package in our repo (thanks SKG). Please update (apt-get update && apt-get install omxplayer should do the trick) and let me know if things are better now.

ratherDashing

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:28 pm

omxplayer was working with the bug that it ended early. Now after updating I get:

[email protected] /usr $ omxplayer
/usr/bin/omxplayer.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libavcodec.so.54: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

dom
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:31 pm

ratherDashing wrote:omxplayer was working with the bug that it ended early. Now after updating I get:

/usr/bin/omxplayer.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libavcodec.so.54: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Yes, I got that.
sudo apt-get purge omxplayer
sudo apt-get install omxplayer

fixed it for me.

asb
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:30 pm

dom wrote:
ratherDashing wrote:omxplayer was working with the bug that it ended early. Now after updating I get:

Yes, I got that.
sudo apt-get purge omxplayer
sudo apt-get install omxplayer

fixed it for me.
A fixed package has now been uploaded.

bud-pnq

Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:53 am

Thanks I can finally watch my videos all the way.

Tamis

Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:59 pm

I'm having a major problem with omxplayer. If I launch a video without "-r" I see the desktop on the top and below the video. If I use "-r" the desktop is not there anymore replaced by black bands as expected. The problem is (as posted here : https://github.com/huceke/omxplayer/iss ... nt-7761275) that when you try to exit the video hitting "q" you're stuck on a black screen with no way to get desktop back other than unpluging the R-pi.

Anyone had the same problem and found a way to fix it ?

Return to “Raspbian”