SiriusHardware

Re: Two XBMC (.deb) compiled/prepared for users + instructio

Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:13 pm

tomaz wrote:Diaoul thanks for info :)

atharvai: I have tested keyboard and I have same problem as you :(

If I press numbers 0,1,2,...9 (before pressing enter; one step before) I get letters. Like mobile phone where you press numbers and get letters. Strange.

Maybe there is some setting in XBMC to fix this problem?

Tomaz.
Just a wild guess - try turning NUM LOCK on the keyboard on and off a few times. Try it both OFF and ON and see what difference that makes.

I have a mini keyboard, which has the keypad numeric keys doubled up on some of the letter keys. However, the Pi thinks I have a full sized keyboard with a separate numeric keypad, so it automatically sets it up in NUM LOCK, and so some of my letter keys transmit numbers until I turn off NUM LOCK.

I know your problem is the other way around but it sounds like a related problem.

r0nnie

Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:25 pm

hi i installed one of the earlier .debs from tomaz but was wondering is there an easy way to upgrade to a newer version (so that i can stretch from 4:3 to 16:9)

or how would i go about 'uninstalling' my current xbmc, then i could just download a newer .deb

thanks

tomaz

Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi...

hmm I agree, it would be time to upgrade XBMC (with CEC support etc...) and test it on new image of raspberry...
Just have to find time for this... :)

R0nnie uninstall is easy:

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg -r xbmc-rdp-tomaz;sudo apt-get -y autoremove
Tomaz.
r0nnie wrote:hi i installed one of the earlier .debs from tomaz but was wondering is there an easy way to upgrade to a newer version (so that i can stretch from 4:3 to 16:9)

or how would i go about 'uninstalling' my current xbmc, then i could just download a newer .deb

thanks

r0nnie

Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:47 pm

tomaz wrote:Hi...

hmm I agree, it would be time to upgrade XBMC (with CEC support etc...) and test it on new image of raspberry...
Just have to find time for this... :)

R0nnie uninstall is easy:

sudo dpkg -r xbmc-rdp-tomaz;sudo apt-get -y autoremove
Tomaz.
r0nnie wrote:hi i installed one of the earlier .debs from tomaz but was wondering is there an easy way to upgrade to a newer version (so that i can stretch from 4:3 to 16:9)

thanks
yeah i seen after i posted, thanks

i installed another version but it wouldnt run for me so needed to reinstall your version again, that works perfectly (except for the stretch 4:3 vids to 16:6)

thanks again for your deb :)

nIerSify

Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:29 am

Great news :)

The new xbmc build has compiled succesfully. I have tested the version a little bit, to ensure that the main functions are working properly.
This xbmc version is compiled from the mainline tree: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc. It was configured with:

./configure --prefix=/usr --build=arm-linux-gnueabihf --host=arm-linux-gnueabihf 
   --localstatedir=/var/lib --with-platform=raspberry-pi --disable-gl --enable-gles 
   --disable-x11 --disable-sdl --enable-ccache --enable-optimizations 
   --enable-external-libraries --disable-goom --disable-hal --disable-pulse 
   --disable-vaapi --disable-vdpau --disable-xrandr --enable-airplay --disable-airtunes
   --disable-alsa --enable-avahi --enable-libbluray --enable-dvdcss 
   --disable-debug --disable-joystick --enable-mid --enable-nfs --disable-profiling 
   --disable-projectm --enable-rsxs --enable-rtmp --disable-vaapi 
   --disable-vdadecoder --disable-external-ffmpeg  --enable-optical-drive --enable-libcec --enable-player=omxplayer
You can download it here http://selfprogramming.bplaced.net/?page=downloads

P.S There is a problem with taglib, so that xbmc wont start. On the developement sd, xbmc is working perfectly. So it is a dependency problem. I will provide a fix soon....
http://selfprogramming.bplaced.net

Fixnode

Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:22 am

Hello,

I installed xbmc on-top of raspbarian. only problem I have now is calibrating my touch screen. The touch screen works but the pointer is way off!

Any ideas how to calibrate a touch screen in xbmc using this build?

P.S. I have a calibrating tool in X but the changes their are not affecting the xbmc side. So the screen is calibrated in X but not in xbmc

teddyyyy

Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:22 am

thanks, I'm testing now, hopefully it will get rid of the freezing problem

teddyyyy

Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:36 am

with the new xbmc_20121004 package, do the installation steps in the original post still hold?
I'm having to remove the xbmc-rdp-tomaz package

teddyyyy

Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:48 am

hi I just tested it,

after I started xbmc, it pops a message in big fonts saying "XBMC needs openGL accelerated hardware, you need to install a hardware driver....", then exits

doesn't the libEGS libraries take care of this?

thanks
Yang
nIerSify wrote:Great news :)

The new xbmc build has compiled succesfully. I have tested the version a little bit, to ensure that the main functions are working properly.
This xbmc version is compiled from the mainline tree: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc. It was configured with:

./configure --prefix=/usr --build=arm-linux-gnueabihf --host=arm-linux-gnueabihf 
   --localstatedir=/var/lib --with-platform=raspberry-pi --disable-gl --enable-gles 
   --disable-vaapi --disable-vdpau --disable-xrandr --enable-airplay --disable-airtunes
   --disable-debug --disable-joystick --enable-mid --enable-nfs --disable-profiling 
   --disable-vdadecoder --disable-external-ffmpeg  --enable-optical-drive --enable-libcec --enable-player=omxplayer

P.S There is a problem with taglib, so that xbmc wont start. On the developement sd, xbmc is working perfectly. So it is a dependency problem. I will provide a fix soon....

r0nnie

Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:57 am

teddyyyy wrote:hi I just tested it,

after I started xbmc, it pops a message in big fonts saying "XBMC needs openGL accelerated hardware, you need to install a hardware driver....", then exits

thanks
Yang

mine was saying that when trying to run: sudo xbmc

sudo /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin

seems to run it properly without that error

teddyyyy

Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:46 pm

I got a segfault that way

r0nnie wrote:
teddyyyy wrote:hi I just tested it,

thanks
Yang

mine was saying that when trying to run: sudo xbmc

sudo /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin

seems to run it properly without that error

kangus

Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:57 pm

I just built a new SD card with 2012-09-18-wheezy-raspbian.img , updated and upgraded it then then followed the install guide with this as the results:

/usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libpcrecpp.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I will create a new SD image and try again but this time was the build.

Dweeber

Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:31 pm

kangus wrote:I just built a new SD card with 2012-09-18-wheezy-raspbian.img , updated and upgraded it then then followed the install guide with this as the results:

/usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libpcrecpp.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I will create a new SD image and try again but this time was the build.
You are missing...libpcrecpp you can get that with...

apt-get install libpcrecpp0
If you do the same thing you did before, you will get the same result... just do the above.

The quickest way to see if you have all the libraries for the binary is to use the ldd command

ldd /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin
Look down the list for anything that might be listed as missing.
Dweeber A.K.A. Kevin...
My RPI Info Pages including Current Setup - http://rpi.tnet.com

kangus

Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:14 pm

I liked the ldd /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin - I'm from the rpm/yum group so I've never had this issue before.

What is going on with apt-get? Last time I used linux there was RPM/YUM package managers and this type of error would never happen.

After I installed the missing lib I ran xbmc and it froze on the Weather ( nothing setup ) after a reboot I just wanted to see video, any video, so I setup YOUTUBE and it fails with script error, will not load anything then I tried FoxNews and it loads but when I try to play a video I get errors telling me to look at the log file, the log file that is in the root directory that I don't have access to.

For some strange reason the password for root is not listed anywhere so I hacked the damned thing and got access to root/.xbmc and the log file.

This should not be this hard;
1. If I do sudo apt-get install xbmc then it should install.
2. If I need access to root then I should have a password, if I screw up I can make a new SD card, period, end of story.

It has gotten to a point where people are required to enter 8 char passwords, mixed alpha/num- mixed case with a special char, to protect themselves or is it for someones wicked self amusement.

Is this "Version" of linux designed to force users to spend countless hours googling for the means to get simple application to work?

kangus

Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:21 am

kangus wrote: After I installed the missing lib I ran xbmc and it froze on the Weather ( nothing setup ) after a reboot I just wanted to see video, any video,
I added the keys for the codecs in config.txt and turned the CPU up to 900 - What a difference!

I ran the Onion app and found that it worked! I had video and sound!
Try the NewsRoom/Police: Kidnapped Moveon.org staffer
After I got off the floor I found all the other clips seemed to work fine with.
The BestofYouTube app worked
SouthPark didn't
Food Network played sound
Funny or Die worked
Revision3 worked, really worked
TMZ worked
YOUTUBE now works!

nIerSify

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi
i will upload a new image of raspbian (version: 2012-09-18) and the latest xbmc build (xbmc_20121004-1_armhf.deb). It contains the latest raspbian image from here. The required libraries have been installed in order to get xbmc working. I also added a script to /etc/init.d/ for starting xbmc. Please note that this script starts xbmc as root. You may want to change the script according to your favor.

To start xbmc on boot:

cd /etc/init.d/
sudo update-rc.d xbmc defaults
To disable xbmc on boot:

cd /etc/init.d/
sudo update-rc.d xbmc remove
To resize the sd-card or to overclock the raspberry pi, you can use raspi-config.I also disabled the option to directly boot to the desktop. You can enable this feature in the raspi-config menu aswell.

Username: pi
Password: raspberry

This image supports the following features:
  • Compiled XBMC from mainline tree
    Airplay
    CEC
    dvdcss
    libblueray
    optical-drive
    omxplayer as default
I will post a download link as soon as the upload has finished ;)

Best regards
nIerSify

nIerSify

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:06 pm

The file is uploaded and can be download by following this link:http://selfprogramming.bplaced.net/?page=downloads. The file´s name is: raspbian_wheezy_20121015+xbmc.exe. Its a self-extracting archive so that you don´t need to install additional software anymore ;)

Best regards
nIerSify

bleep42

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi,
I have been using Tomaz deb file xbmc-rdp-tomaz.armhf.deb for quite a while now and am very happy with it. Recently I had to reinstall it. But now when I try to run xbmc I get the following error.

error while loading shared libraries libpcrecpp.so.o cannot open shared object files. No such file or directory.
Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
Regards.
Kevin.

naicheben

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:51 pm

[email protected] ~ $ dpkg -l | grep pcrecpp
ii  libpcrecpp0:armhf                     1:8.30-5                           armhf        Perl 5 Compatible Regular Expression Library - C++ runtime files
It can be installed via apt-get:

sudo apt-get install libpcrecpp0

Tanga

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:12 am

Thanks for all your work on this guys. Awesome. Here's my 'error log' (or something - as much info as I have) in the hope of it being helpful. I have one of the new 512MB Pis if that makes a difference.

I installed the deb:

sudo dpkg -i xbmc_20121004-1_armhf.deb
But got the error above, so then I:

Which also uninstalled xbmc. So I reinstalled it, rebooted, and tried to run it and got the "XBMC needs hardware accelerated OpenGL rendering..." pop-up along with:

sh: 1: sh: 1: glxinfo: not found 
written in the terminal. I tried:

apt-get install glxinfo 
but it doesn't seem to be a package (or at least one in the repos) - I figured it was worth a try.

I then tried the suggestion

[email protected] ~ $ ldd /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin
and got the following output:

/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcofi_rpi.so (0x40178000)
	libsmbclient.so.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libsmbclient.so.0 (0x40192000)
	libavahi-client.so.3 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavahi-client.so.3 (0x400da000)
	libavahi-common.so.3 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libavahi-common.so.3 (0x4000c000)
	libmicrohttpd.so.10 => not found
	librt.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/librt.so.1 (0x4015f000)
	libjasper.so.1 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libjasper.so.1 (0x400f1000)
	libresolv.so.2 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libresolv.so.2 (0x400a7000)
	libdl.so.2 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libdl.so.2 (0x40020000)
	libtinyxml.so.2.6.2 => not found
	libyajl.so.2 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libyajl.so.2 (0x40146000)
	libssh.so.4 => not found
	libmysqlclient.so.18 => not found
	libssl.so.1.0.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libssl.so.1.0.0 (0x4069a000)
	libcrypto.so.1.0.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 (0x406e9000)
	libz.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libz.so.1 (0x40057000)
	liblzo2.so.2 => not found
	libpthread.so.0 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpthread.so.0 (0x400bb000)
	libtiff.so.4 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libtiff.so.4 (0x4084c000)
	libjpeg.so.8 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libjpeg.so.8 (0x408ab000)
	libbz2.so.1.0 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libbz2.so.1.0 (0x408e6000)
	libgcrypt.so.11 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgcrypt.so.11 (0x408ff000)
	libgpg-error.so.0 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgpg-error.so.0 (0x40075000)
	libpython2.7.so.1.0 => /usr/lib/libpython2.7.so.1.0 (0x4097f000)
	libEGL.so => /opt/vc/lib/libEGL.so (0x40c13000)
	libGLESv2.so => /opt/vc/lib/libGLESv2.so (0x40c45000)
	libbcm_host.so => /opt/vc/lib/libbcm_host.so (0x40c62000)
	libvcos.so => /opt/vc/lib/libvcos.so (0x40c7b000)
	libvchiq_arm.so => /opt/vc/lib/libvchiq_arm.so (0x40181000)
	libfribidi.so.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libfribidi.so.0 (0x40c8d000)
	libsqlite3.so.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libsqlite3.so.0 (0x40caa000)
	libpng12.so.0 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpng12.so.0 (0x40d40000)
	libpcre.so.3 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpcre.so.3 (0x40d68000)
	libpcrecpp.so.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpcrecpp.so.0 (0x40da9000)
	libcdio.so.13 => /usr/lib/libcdio.so.13 (0x40db8000)
	libm.so.6 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6 (0x40dde000)
	libsamplerate.so.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libsamplerate.so.0 (0x40e4f000)
	libfreetype.so.6 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libfreetype.so.6 (0x40fc2000)
	libtag.so.1 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libtag.so.1 (0x41044000)
	libdbus-1.so.3 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libdbus-1.so.3 (0x410c1000)
	libudev.so.0 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libudev.so.0 (0x41103000)
	libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc++.so.6 (0x41118000)
	libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x411e5000)
	libc.so.6 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6 (0x4120d000)
	libtalloc.so.2 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libtalloc.so.2 (0x4133a000)
	libtdb.so.1 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libtdb.so.1 (0x4134c000)
	libwbclient.so.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libwbclient.so.0 (0x41362000)
	libcap.so.2 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcap.so.2 (0x41376000)
	libnsl.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libnsl.so.1 (0x41381000)
	libgssapi_krb5.so.2 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgssapi_krb5.so.2 (0x4139d000)
	libkrb5.so.3 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libkrb5.so.3 (0x413d5000)
	libk5crypto.so.3 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libk5crypto.so.3 (0x41483000)
	libcom_err.so.2 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcom_err.so.2 (0x414b3000)
	libldap_r-2.4.so.2 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libldap_r-2.4.so.2 (0x414be000)
	liblber-2.4.so.2 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/liblber-2.4.so.2 (0x41508000)
	/lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 (0x40030000)
	libjbig.so.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libjbig.so.0 (0x4151c000)
	libutil.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libutil.so.1 (0x41531000)
	libcrypt.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcrypt.so.1 (0x4153c000)
	libattr.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libattr.so.1 (0x41573000)
	libkrb5support.so.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libkrb5support.so.0 (0x41580000)
	libkeyutils.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libkeyutils.so.1 (0x4158f000)
	libsasl2.so.2 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libsasl2.so.2 (0x4159a000)
	libgnutls.so.26 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnutls.so.26 (0x415b9000)
	libtasn1.so.3 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libtasn1.so.3 (0x41673000)
	libp11-kit.so.0 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libp11-kit.so.0 (0x41689000)
Hope that helps someone, because I'm pretty lost. Thanks for all your work. :)
Raspberry Pi (Raspbian) Tutorials by a fellow noob:
http://noobsquared.blogspot.com.au/

teeth_03

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:32 pm

Look at the devs blog site for the install instructions, it includes a list of missings libraries

bleep42

Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:25 pm

naicheben wrote:

[email protected] ~ $ dpkg -l | grep pcrecpp
ii  libpcrecpp0:armhf                     1:8.30-5                           armhf        Perl 5 Compatible Regular Expression Library - C++ runtime files
It can be installed via apt-get:

Hi Anicheben,
Thank you, that has worked great :-) Would you believe I did try libpcrecpp but without the 0 :-( I do like your code to look for the correct name in the dpkg repository, so I'll use that in future. :-)
Regards, Kevin.

tomaz

Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:36 am

Hi,
sorry to hear this problems....
almost two weeks ago I have successfully compiled xmbc... (reason: bleep42 private msg :)
Till now I didn't have time to prepare .deb package, I have broken two ribs :( But now I'm better.
I will prepare .deb after new year.

Enjoy,
Tomaz.
bleep42 wrote: Hi Anicheben,
Thank you, that has worked great :-) Would you believe I did try libpcrecpp but without the 0 :-( I do like your code to look for the correct name in the dpkg repository, so I'll use that in future. :-)
Regards, Kevin.

limaunion

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:37 am

@tomaz: I hope you get well soon and I look forward for your new xbmc package

Dweeber

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:55 am

tomaz wrote:...I have successfully compiled xmbc... ... I have broken two ribs
You must have a very creative method of compiling to end up breaking two ribs in the process... Hope laughing doesn't hurt much.
Dweeber A.K.A. Kevin...
My RPI Info Pages including Current Setup - http://rpi.tnet.com

Return to “Raspbian”