fluzz

Re: Jessie Q&A

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:03 pm

How can I install Jessie on a pi top already running pi top OS? How do rricharz's tools come into play (do I use them to install Jessie, or do I use them after I've installed it? Or are the tools Jessie themselves?)

Thanks!

rod2k

Configuring SSH And Wpa_Supplicant Together Crash SSH servic

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:52 pm

Try this, I've downloaded the latest distro for raspbian (2017-04-10-raspbian-jessie-lite), copy the SSH blank file in /boot/ to auto configure SSH service, and copy your valid Wpa_Supplicant to configure your Wireless Network Headless and the SSH Service will not let you connect over Ethernet (I get "Software Abort Connection" over putty) and over Wifi, the service does not respond at all :(

if you need more info (logs, config files or something) let me know

B.Goode

Re: Configuring SSH And Wpa_Supplicant Together Crash SSH se

Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:28 pm

rod2k wrote:Try this, I've downloaded the latest distro for raspbian (2017-04-10-raspbian-jessie-lite), copy the SSH blank file in /boot/ to auto configure SSH service, and copy your valid Wpa_Supplicant to configure your Wireless Network Headless and the SSH Service will not let you connect over Ethernet (I get "Software Abort Connection" over putty) and over Wifi, the service does not respond at all :(

if you need more info (logs, config files or something) let me know

Does that mean that you have a cabled Ethernet and a WiFi connection active simultaneously?

If so, you might have a confusing situation with regard to routing that your RPi and router cannot resolve.

Does either method of connection work correctly if you disconnect the other?

rod2k

Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:18 pm

B.Goode wrote: Does that mean that you have a cabled Ethernet and a WiFi connection active simultaneously?

If so, you might have a confusing situation with regard to routing that your RPi and router cannot resolve.

Does either method of connection work correctly if you disconnect the other?
Not really, this is the secuence:

- New SD with 2017-04-10-raspbian-jessie-lite
- in Windows, wrote in /boot/ the SSH blank file and a valid Wpa_Supplicant.conf
- Start Raspberry PI and wait for boot
- Once it started, using DHCP you will see your Raspberry in the network over wifi with a valid IP but no SSH Service over Wifi
- Connect an Ethernet Cable, wait for DHCP and try SSH, you will get "Software Abort Connection" message

I'm Using Rpi 2 with T-link wifi dongle, I don't know if this behavior is the same in Rpi3 or Zero

I will try disconnecting Wifi Dongle before connecting Ethernet Cable to test your theory

-

-

DirkS

Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:55 pm

rod2k wrote:- in Windows, wrote in /boot/ the SSH blank file and a valid Wpa_Supplicant.conf
These files should go in the root (= highest level) of the partition you see in Windows, not in the directory 'boot'
You should see other files like kernel.img

piman1947

Re: STICKY: Jessie Q&A

Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:23 am

I am attempting to download the Jessie OS version of Rasbian but I can not
find this version or even download it  through NOOBS since it is not one of the OSs
that NOOBS supports.  I was able to get the Jessie version about 1 week
ago but it seems it is no longer available.  Was it removed or am I not looking
at the right places ?

Thanks

Jerry Hoffman

MrEngman

Re: STICKY: Jessie Q&A

Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:46 am

Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

Return to “Raspbian”