aik

Re: Kodi 15.1-rc1 Debian package for Raspbian on RPi 2

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:05 am

gkreidl wrote:I just tested it with a 4:3 video (both from my OpenBox desktop and from LXDE) and there was always a black border at both sides; no desktop visible.
Did you use "--blank" for omxplayer? That's the only way I know to play with black borders but Kodi does not seem to pass "--blank" to the player.

gkreidl

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:36 am

aik wrote:
gkreidl wrote:I just tested it with a 4:3 video (both from my OpenBox desktop and from LXDE) and there was always a black border at both sides; no desktop visible.
Did you use "--blank" for omxplayer? That's the only way I know to play with black borders but Kodi does not seem to pass "--blank" to the player.
I played the video with kodi, the same way you do. I don't control in any way which arguments kodi is sending to omxplayer.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

SirJohnDoe

Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:35 pm

Why does startkodi need to be used? It works with kodi-standalone as well.

gkreidl

Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:25 pm

SirJohnDoe wrote:Why does startkodi need to be used? It works with kodi-standalone as well.
If it works for you, OK. Do you start it from the command line or from the desktop?
startkodi doesn't handle crashes and restarting kodi but it contains an optional xrefresh command to restore an X11 screen.
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download

SirJohnDoe

Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:04 pm

gkreidl wrote:
SirJohnDoe wrote:Why does startkodi need to be used? It works with kodi-standalone as well.
If it works for you, OK. Do you start it from the command line or from the desktop?
startkodi doesn't handle crashes and restarting kodi but it contains an optional xrefresh command to restore an X11 screen.
The command line. I installed everything headless, so I don't have a desktop.

Another question, do you have any clue why I get so many CMMALRenderer::RenderUpdate in my log after playback ended? I recently found out that since upgrading to this version I have massive log files, easily reaching 1 GB in one or two days. The majority of these entries are the RenderUpdates, even when playback has long ended. I do have Debug logging activated (I suppose for checking errors in previous settings), so perhaps it's new since this version that these kind of events are logged as debug entries. More specifically, it looks like this:

Code: Select all

00:24:10 T:1964507136   DEBUG: CMMALRenderer::RenderUpdate - 0 0 255 2
00:24:10 T:1964507136   DEBUG: CMMALRenderer::RenderUpdate 0x5de1ee50 (0x601f2650) f:30000004
I get as many as the current refresh rate per second.

Mxx20

Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:03 pm

im trying to install an addon in here but it is saying dependencies not met. i have found what i need but when im trying to get them in it im struggling to get them...is there something im missing?

gkreidl

Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:11 pm

Mxx20 wrote:im trying to install an addon in here but it is saying dependencies not met. i have found what i need but when im trying to get them in it im struggling to get them...is there something im missing?
Which addon and how?

Mxx20

Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:31 pm

gkreidl wrote:
Mxx20 wrote:im trying to install an addon in here but it is saying dependencies not met. i have found what i need but when im trying to get them in it im struggling to get them...is there something im missing?
Which addon and how?

from the kodi forum the experimental google music addon....

gkreidl

Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:57 pm

Mxx20 wrote: from the kodi forum the experimental google music addon....
I can install it without any problem (from ZIP file).

Mxx20

Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:05 pm

gkreidl wrote:
Mxx20 wrote: from the kodi forum the experimental google music addon....
I can install it without any problem (from ZIP file).

hmm mine shows dependencies not met :( :?

gkreidl

Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:30 pm

Mxx20 wrote:[
Does it say which dependencies?
How did you install kodi? And which versions?

Mxx20

Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:39 pm

gkreidl wrote:
Does it say which dependencies?
How did you install kodi? And which versions?

i installed kodi per how you say in the first post. then on the dependencies it doesnt say, but the author says that it needs Mandatory:
script.module.decorator
script.module.requests
Optional:
plugin.video.youtube

and posted a link to an addon.xml file with more than those three.

aik

Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:18 pm

Now I am trying to cast from DVB-T tuner plugged into the same Pi. I configured it via "hts tvheadend 3.4 wheezy" - installed the service and the web interface, it detected the tuner, responds on 9981 port, all good.

Then I installed kodi-pvr-tvheadend-hts, started Kodi, found it in "my addons", enabled, configured. And restarted Kodi. And got "Add-on couldn't be loaded" because of "PVR - Add-on 'Tvheadend HTSP Client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '1.9.6', add-on API version '1.9.2'". It is the latest raspbian.

How to fix that? Thanks!

gkreidl

Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:20 pm

i installed kodi per how you say in the first post. then on the dependencies it doesnt say, but the author says that it needs Mandatory:
script.module.decorator
script.module.requests
Optional:
plugin.video.youtube

I've got no idea. I downloaded it from the link on this website and installed from zip:
https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-add-go ... xbmc-kodi/

gkreidl

Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:54 pm

aik wrote:Now I am trying to cast from DVB-T tuner plugged into the same Pi. I configured it via "hts tvheadend 3.4 wheezy" - installed the service and the web interface, it detected the tuner, responds on 9981 port, all good.

Then I installed kodi-pvr-tvheadend-hts, started Kodi, found it in "my addons", enabled, configured. And restarted Kodi. And got "Add-on couldn't be loaded" because of "PVR - Add-on 'Tvheadend HTSP Client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '1.9.6', add-on API version '1.9.2'". It is the latest raspbian.

How to fix that? Thanks!
The pvr addon you downloaded is for kodi 14.2. All the pvr addons from the respository are not compatible.
I don't know of any armhf kodi 15 pvr addon versions except for the simple pvr tv client (which does work). I suppose you have to compile it yourself.

Mxx20

Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:39 pm

gkreidl wrote:
script.module.decorator
script.module.requests
Optional:
plugin.video.youtube

I've got no idea. I downloaded it from the link on this website and installed from zip:
https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-add-go ... xbmc-kodi/

i think i just need to give up with it, same thing with that one and the one from the experimental one from kodi forum

Mxx20

Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:35 pm

ok, new thing on the other PI2, the main one we use at the house. the screen went black when going to watch a movie. i just updated it to the latest one in the first post to see if maybe there was a glitch, but it does the same thing now....

EDIT.... it just started working out of no where now...

SirJohnDoe

Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:32 pm

Any idea why Debug logging cannot be turned off? Regardless of what I do, debug entries show up in the log. I've turned debug logging as well as component-specific logging off. I've tried to set <loglevel hide="false">0</loglevel> in advancedsettings.xml, but it does not work. Appears to be happening since upgrading to this version, as I noticed the massive log files only recently.

EDIT: it appears that by default --enable-debug is added to the configuration (as mentioned in this thread). Could you perhaps build it with '--enable-debug=no'? This still allows debug logging to be turned on, but doesn't force debug logging regardless the level of logging specified.

gkreidl

Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:51 am

SirJohnDoe wrote:Any idea why Debug logging cannot be turned off? Regardless of what I do, debug entries show up in the log. I've turned debug logging as well as component-specific logging off. I've tried to set <loglevel hide="false">0</loglevel> in advancedsettings.xml, but it does not work. Appears to be happening since upgrading to this version, as I noticed the massive log files only recently.

EDIT: it appears that by default --enable-debug is added to the configuration (as mentioned in this thread). Could you perhaps build it with '--enable-debug=no'? This still allows debug logging to be turned on, but doesn't force debug logging regardless the level of logging specified.
I'll do that for the next release.

gkreidl

Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:38 am

Kodi 15.1-RC1 was released 3 days ago. I've updated my Raspbian package to that version today.
I've also disabled debugging now, to prevent log files getting too large.

LennVilardi

Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:55 pm

no airplay support ? could you please make a version with avahi support ?

gkreidl

Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:20 pm

LennVilardi wrote:no airplay support ? could you please make a version with avahi support ?
No. Avahi wouldn't be a problem, but libshairplay0 ist not in the Raspbian repository. I don't want to compile a version that depends on stuff not available in the Raspbian repository.

geauxwave

Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:57 pm

Hi, I was going to install Kodi via the Retropie setup menu (per this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beBGRwjJI60) because I wanted to have a menu item in Emultationstation, but I know the older version has the issue with the black screen on exit after playing a video. Kodi 15.1-rc1 fixes that bug, correct? How would I go about installing this version, but also having it in Emulationstation? I don't need controller support in Kodi, just want to have it appear in my ES menu. I'm actually pretty comfortable setting up the theme, and putting the necessary code in es_systems.cfg. I'm just not sure what to put in /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/Kodi. I think there needs to be an sh file that directs to the kodi program?

Thanks for the guide, by the way!

giallopaperino

Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:06 pm

how lunch kodi 15 after installed it?

gkreidl

Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:19 pm

giallopaperino wrote:how lunch kodi 15 after installed it?
From the Desktop: program menu
from the command line:
startkodi

You can also add an URI (file path or URL).

Return to “Raspberry Pi OS”