TheAstronaut

Re: Instructions for building XBMC for Raspbian

Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:57 pm

Okay, here is my xbmc.log file. Don't know too much about XBMC internals myself, but it looks like the log file is reporting that AirPlay isn't being started even though it is turned on.

http://pastebin.com/9uLDuY5W

silas

Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:21 pm

TheAstronaut wrote:Okay, here is my xbmc.log file. Don't know too much about XBMC internals myself, but it looks like the log file is reporting that AirPlay isn't being started even though it is turned on.

Could you try running "sudo service avahi-daemon
start" before manually starting xbmc?

Start xbmc by running the python script is the home folder, like this "sudo python the-python-script-filename-i-cant-remember.py"

TheAstronaut

Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:01 pm

silas wrote:
TheAstronaut wrote:Okay, here is my xbmc.log file. Don't know too much about XBMC internals myself, but it looks like the log file is reporting that AirPlay isn't being started even though it is turned on.

Could you try running "sudo service avahi-daemon
start" before manually starting xbmc?

Start xbmc by running the python script is the home folder, like this "sudo python the-python-script-filename-i-cant-remember.py"
I get "avahi-daemon: unrecognized service" as a result.

A quick check in aptitude shows libavahi-client3, libavahi-common-data, and libavahi-common3 are all installed, version is 0.6.31-1.

kalleguld

Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:34 pm

TheAstronaut wrote: I get "avahi-daemon: unrecognized service" as a result.

A quick check in aptitude shows libavahi-client3, libavahi-common-data, and libavahi-common3 are all installed, version is 0.6.31-1.
Have you tried

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install avahi-daemon
?

TheAstronaut

Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:52 pm

Was already thinking that might help, installed avahi-daemon and tested with the YouTube app. XBMC shows up as an AirPlay target and video plays fine, however audio from the Music app does not work. Don't remember if this is a limitation because AirTunes uses encryption or not.

silas

Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:21 am

MikeMelbAU wrote:
silas wrote:I have a new image ready, with airplay support
Hi Silas,

I have been running one of your older images (July 17th). I'm really happy with it (the XBMC UI is very responsive!). Sometimes the screen goes blank however, and I need to SSH to it and telinit 6.

Would it be possible to mount the July 31st image, and copy XBMC (executables/libraries/resource) files from it to the July 17th image? I have done some customisations (fstab, /boot/config.txt, XBMC themes and directories, etc.) and it would be a little painful to do it all again.

Is it possible to copy XBMC from July 31st over the July 17th image? If so, is there a few directories where it is installed that I should do this? Specifically which ones?

Many thanks for making this image available. :-)

-Mike-
The settings from XBMC are saved in /home/pi/.xbmc
I think it would be eiasier for you to copy the files you changed then to copy xbmc.

Remember to check the permissions.

About airplay:
Great you got it working, at least video. I think nobody got music working, so thats not a problem with my image ;)

DGreenMan

Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:08 pm

TheAstronaut wrote:Was already thinking that might help, installed avahi-daemon and tested with the YouTube app. XBMC shows up as an AirPlay target and video plays fine, however audio from the Music app does not work. Don't remember if this is a limitation because AirTunes uses encryption or not.

I'm still having issues with this any chance you could upload your working image please

TheAstronaut

Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:10 pm

silas wrote: About airplay:
Great you got it working, at least video. I think nobody got music working, so thats not a problem with my image ;)
Looks like someone extracted the AirTunes key from an AirPort Express a while back. The shairport project claims to have a working implementation using said key. To get it working in XBMC might take someone from the XBMC project to fix, but it might be worth a look.

https://github.com/albertz/shairport/#readme

DGreenMan:

I'm using the latest image from silas. The only change I have made is to run

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install avahi-daemon
Also make sure you have AirPlay enabled in XBMC under Settings->Services->AirPlay.
Not to forget the obvious, make sure your Pi is connected to either WiFi or Ethernet and has an IP address.

JF002

Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:13 am

I'm currently compiling XBMC on my Pi but... as some of you said before, it will take a long time...

Do you think it could be (easily) possible to cross-compile XBMC on a desktop computer?

I've already done some cross-compiling, but not with a big project with a lot of dependancies and link to libraries...

Any ideas?
My web site : https://codingfield.com

CM2Weather.co.uk

Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:36 pm

Thanks for the pre-built image, all working.

I had to do a sudo apt-get update
Then a sudo apt-get install avahi-daemon before I could get Airplay working.

I've also not got Sound.

I have had sound running over Airplay, but I can't remember what image I was using at the time, has anyone else had any luck?
Steve
CM2Weather.co.uk

kuchar

Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi,
I'm running Raspbian with tomaz's precompiled XMBC. I have a problem with some h264 movies. Screen turns black, there is no video and sound. XMBC is still responsive, I can check movie info and see that there is progress in movie (timer). Other movies with same codec play OK. I've compiled XMBC by my own but effect is the same.

Here is output when debug is on:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=hdNs9Q03

Does anyone have any idea what can be wrong?

JF002

Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:56 pm

I have successfully built XBMC from sources! It took more than 11h (I went to bed after 11h of building...) but it is working!!!

Now, I'm looking at Scratchbox2 to set up a cross compilation environnement... If someone wants to join the party, he is welcome :)
My web site : https://codingfield.com

SinnerG

Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:54 am

kuchar wrote:Hi,
I'm running Raspbian with tomaz's precompiled XMBC. I have a problem with some h264 movies. Screen turns black, there is no video and sound. XMBC is still responsive, I can check movie info and see that there is progress in movie (timer). Other movies with same codec play OK. I've compiled XMBC by my own but effect is the same.

Here is output when debug is on:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=hdNs9Q03

Does anyone have any idea what can be wrong?
I've had this issue with some of my h264 movies in openelec, raspbmc and the builds offered here. I think it might actually have something to do with the encoding of the video itself. Have as yet not dug any deeper. Perhaps remux the video with something like mkvtoolnix and see if it makes a difference. I will try later today once my 2yr old stops driving me insane.

drmalc

Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:56 pm

[quote="mpthompson"]Obsys on the #raspbian IRC channel passed along to me some instructions for creating a working version of XBMC in Raspbian. Building my own version of XBMC, I've refined the instructions a bit and posted them on the Raspbian wiki:

http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianXBMC

I have (at the second attempt) successfully compiled the XBMC package - however on running it I get an error message that states that:

"XBMC needs hardware accelerated Open GL rendering. Install an appropriate driver."

Have I missed something here?

Incidentally I believe some of the steps in the make compile process were looping, extending the time to perform the build. Anyone else get that impression?

Dr Malc

dom
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:22 am

SinnerG wrote: I've had this issue with some of my h264 movies in openelec, raspbmc and the builds offered here. I think it might actually have something to do with the encoding of the video itself. Have as yet not dug any deeper. Perhaps remux the video with something like mkvtoolnix and see if it makes a difference. I will try later today once my 2yr old stops driving me insane.
If a video doesn't play that you think should play, then create a 100MB sample that exhibits the problem (either reencode a shorter version, or splt it with mkvtoolnix, for example). Host it somewhere (DropBox is good for this) and provide a link.

sotris99

Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:10 am

Hello i have some problems to make the build...

CC      libavcodec/adpcm_data.o
CC      libavcodec/adx.o
CC      libavcodec/adx_parser.o
CC      libavcodec/adxdec.o
CC      libavcodec/alac.o
CC      libavcodec/allcodecs.o
CC      libavcodec/alsdec.o
CC      libavcodec/amrnbdec.o
CC      libavcodec/amrwbdec.o
CC      libavcodec/anm.o
CC      libavcodec/ansi.o
libavcodec/ansi.c: In function βdecode_frameβ:
libavcodec/ansi.c:224:35: warning: βheightβ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
libavcodec/ansi.c:162:24: note: βheightβ was declared here
libavcodec/ansi.c:224:35: warning: βwidthβ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
libavcodec/ansi.c:162:17: note: βwidthβ was declared here
CC      libavcodec/apedec.o
AS      libavcodec/arm/ac3dsp_arm.o
AS      libavcodec/arm/ac3dsp_armv6.o
CC      libavcodec/arm/ac3dsp_init_arm.o
CC      libavcodec/arm/dcadsp_init_arm.o
AS      libavcodec/arm/dsputil_arm.o
AS      libavcodec/arm/dsputil_armv6.o
CC      libavcodec/arm/dsputil_init_arm.o
CC      libavcodec/arm/dsputil_init_armv5te.o
CC      libavcodec/arm/dsputil_init_armv6.o
CC      libavcodec/arm/dsputil_init_vfp.o
AS      libavcodec/arm/dsputil_vfp.o
CC      libavcodec/arm/fft_fixed_init_arm.o
CC      libavcodec/arm/fft_init_arm.o
CC      libavcodec/arm/fmtconvert_init_arm.o
AS      libavcodec/arm/fmtconvert_vfp.o
CC      libavcodec/arm/h264dsp_init_arm.o
CC      libavcodec/arm/h264pred_init_arm.o
AS      libavcodec/arm/jrevdct_arm.o
AS      libavcodec/arm/mpegaudiodsp_fixed_armv6.o
CC      libavcodec/arm/mpegaudiodsp_init_arm.o
CC      libavcodec/arm/mpegvideo_arm.o
CC      libavcodec/arm/mpegvideo_armv5te.o
AS      libavcodec/arm/mpegvideo_armv5te_s.o
AS      libavcodec/arm/simple_idct_arm.o
AS      libavcodec/arm/simple_idct_armv5te.o
AS      libavcodec/arm/simple_idct_armv6.o
CC      libavcodec/arm/vp56dsp_init_arm.o
AS      libavcodec/arm/vp8_armv6.o
AS      libavcodec/arm/vp8dsp_armv6.o
CC      libavcodec/arm/vp8dsp_init_arm.o
CC      libavcodec/ass.o
CC      libavcodec/ass_split.o
CC      libavcodec/assdec.o
CC      libavcodec/asv1.o
CC      libavcodec/atrac.o
CC      libavcodec/atrac1.o
libavcodec/atrac1.c: In function βatrac1_decode_frameβ:
libavcodec/atrac1.c:322:47: warning: to be safe all intermediate pointers in cast from βfloat **β to βconst float **β must be βconstβ qualified [-Wcast-qual]
CC      libavcodec/atrac3.o
libavcodec/atrac3.c: In function βatrac3_decode_frameβ:
libavcodec/atrac3.c:879:38: warning: to be safe all intermediate pointers in cast from βfloat **β to βconst float **β must be βconstβ qualified [-Wcast-qual]
libavcodec/atrac3.c:883:47: warning: to be safe all intermediate pointers in cast from βfloat **β to βconst float **β must be βconstβ qualified [-Wcast-qual]
CC      libavcodec/audioconvert.o
CC      libavcodec/aura.o
CC      libavcodec/avfft.o
CC      libavcodec/avpacket.o
libavcodec/avpacket.c: In function βav_dup_packetβ:
libavcodec/avpacket.c:130:5: warning: βav_destruct_packet_nofreeβ is deprecated (declared at libavcodec/avpacket.c:27) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
CC      libavcodec/avs.o
libavcodec/avs.c: In function βavs_decode_frameβ:
libavcodec/get_bits.h:278:8: warning: βchange_map.size_in_bits_plus8β may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
libavcodec/avs.c:60:19: note: βchange_map.size_in_bits_plus8β was declared here
libavcodec/get_bits.h:261:26: warning: βchange_map.bufferβ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
libavcodec/avs.c:60:19: note: βchange_map.bufferβ was declared here
CC      libavcodec/bethsoftvideo.o
CC      libavcodec/bfi.o
CC      libavcodec/bgmc.o
CC      libavcodec/bink.o
libavcodec/bink.c: In function βbinkb_decode_planeβ:
libavcodec/bink.c:860:17: warning: passing argument 4 of βread_dct_coeffsβ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/bink.c:593:12: note: expected βconst int32_t (*)[64]β but argument is of type βint32_t (*)[64]β
libavcodec/bink.c:893:17: warning: passing argument 4 of βread_dct_coeffsβ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/bink.c:593:12: note: expected βconst int32_t (*)[64]β but argument is of type βint32_t (*)[64]β
CC      libavcodec/binkaudio.o
libavcodec/binkaudio.c: In function βdecode_blockβ:
libavcodec/binkaudio.c:269:43: warning: to be safe all intermediate pointers in cast from βfloat **β to βconst float **β must be βconstβ qualified [-Wcast-qual]
libavcodec/binkaudio.c:271:48: warning: to be safe all intermediate pointers in cast from βfloat **β to βconst float **β must be βconstβ qualified [-Wcast-qual]
CC      libavcodec/binkdsp.o
CC      libavcodec/bintext.o
libavcodec/bintext.c:92:13: warning: βhscrollβ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
CC      libavcodec/bitstream.o
CC      libavcodec/bitstream_filter.o
libavcodec/bitstream_filter.c: In function βav_bitstream_filter_filterβ:
libavcodec/bitstream_filter.c:62:15: warning: cast discards β__attribute__((const))β qualifier from pointer target type [-Wcast-qual]
CC      libavcodec/bmp.o
libavcodec/bmp.c: In function βbmp_decode_frameβ:
libavcodec/bmp.c:177:22: warning: βrgb[2]β may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
libavcodec/bmp.c:177:22: warning: βrgb[1]β may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
libavcodec/bmp.c:172:21: warning: βrgb[0]β may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
CC      libavcodec/bmv.o
CC      libavcodec/c93.o
CC      libavcodec/cabac.o
CC      libavcodec/cavs.o
CC      libavcodec/cavs_parser.o
CC      libavcodec/cavsdec.o
CC      libavcodec/cavsdsp.o
CC      libavcodec/cdgraphics.o
CC      libavcodec/celp_filters.o
CC      libavcodec/celp_math.o
CC      libavcodec/cga_data.o
CC      libavcodec/chomp_bsf.o
libavcodec/chomp_bsf.c: In function βchomp_filterβ:
libavcodec/chomp_bsf.c:34:16: warning: cast discards β__attribute__((const))β qualifier from pointer target type [-Wcast-qual]
CC      libavcodec/cinepak.o
CC      libavcodec/cljr.o
CC      libavcodec/cook.o
HOSTCC  libavcodec/cos_tablegen.o
HOSTCC  libavcodec/cos_tablegen
GEN     libavcodec/cos_fixed_tables.c
CC      libavcodec/cos_fixed_tables.o
GEN     libavcodec/cos_tables.c
CC      libavcodec/cos_tables.o
CC      libavcodec/cscd.o
CC      libavcodec/cyuv.o
CC      libavcodec/dca.o
CC      libavcodec/dca_parser.o
CC      libavcodec/dcadsp.o
CC      libavcodec/dct.o
CC      libavcodec/dct32_fixed.o
CC      libavcodec/dct32_float.o
CC      libavcodec/dfa.o
CC      libavcodec/dirac.o
CC      libavcodec/dirac_arith.o
CC      libavcodec/dirac_parser.o
CC      libavcodec/diracdec.o
CC      libavcodec/diracdsp.o
CC      libavcodec/dnxhd_parser.o
CC      libavcodec/dnxhddata.o
CC      libavcodec/dnxhddec.o
CC      libavcodec/dpcm.o
CC      libavcodec/dpx.o
CC      libavcodec/dsicinav.o
CC      libavcodec/dsputil.o
CC      libavcodec/dump_extradata_bsf.o
HOSTCC  libavcodec/dv_tablegen.o
HOSTCC  libavcodec/dv_tablegen
GEN     libavcodec/dv_tables.h
CC      libavcodec/dv.o
libavcodec/dv.c: In function βdvvideo_decode_frameβ:
libavcodec/dv.c:1097:12: warning: assignment discards βconstβ qualifier from pointer target type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dv.c: At top level:
libavcodec/dv.c:350:34: warning: βdvvideo_init_encoderβ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
libavcodec/dv.c:930:12: warning: βdv_encode_video_segmentβ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
CC      libavcodec/dvbsub_parser.o
CC      libavcodec/dvbsubdec.o
libavcodec/dvbsubdec.c: In function βdvbsub_parse_region_segmentβ:
libavcodec/dvbsubdec.c:1034:9: warning: variable βversionβ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
CC      libavcodec/dvdata.o
CC      libavcodec/dvdsub_parser.o
CC      libavcodec/dvdsubdec.o
CC      libavcodec/dwt.o
libavcodec/dwt.c: In function βspatial_compose_dd97i_dyβ:
libavcodec/dwt.c:1080:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1081:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c: In function βspatial_compose_dirac53i_dyβ:
libavcodec/dwt.c:1104:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1105:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c: In function βspatial_compose_dd137i_dyβ:
libavcodec/dwt.c:1127:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1128:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c: In function βspatial_compose_haari_dyβ:
libavcodec/dwt.c:1152:46: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c: In function βspatial_compose_fidelityβ:
libavcodec/dwt.c:1168:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1169:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c: In function βspatial_compose_daub97i_dyβ:
libavcodec/dwt.c:1193:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1194:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1195:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1196:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c: In function βff_spatial_idwt_init2β:
libavcodec/dwt.c:1303:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1304:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1310:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1311:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1317:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1318:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1325:29: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1334:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1335:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1340:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1341:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1342:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1343:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
CC      libavcodec/dxa.o
CC      libavcodec/dxtory.o
CC      libavcodec/eac3_data.o
CC      libavcodec/eac3dec.o
CC      libavcodec/eacmv.o
CC      libavcodec/eaidct.o
CC      libavcodec/eamad.o
libavcodec/eamad.c: In function βdecode_frameβ:
libavcodec/eamad.c:97:44: warning: βmv_yβ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
libavcodec/eamad.c:198:15: note: βmv_yβ was declared here
libavcodec/eamad.c:97:97: warning: βmv_xβ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
libavcodec/eamad.c:198:9: note: βmv_xβ was declared here
CC      libavcodec/eatgq.o
CC      libavcodec/eatgv.o
CC      libavcodec/eatqi.o
CC      libavcodec/error_resilience.o
CC      libavcodec/escape124.o
CC      libavcodec/escape130.o
CC      libavcodec/faandct.o
CC      libavcodec/faanidct.o
CC      libavcodec/faxcompr.o
CC      libavcodec/fft_fixed.o
CC      libavcodec/fft_float.o
CC      libavcodec/ffv1.o
libavcodec/ffv1.c:238:13: warning: βfind_best_stateβ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
libavcodec/ffv1.c:327:39: warning: βput_symbolβ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
libavcodec/ffv1.c: In function βdecode_frameβ:
libavcodec/ffv1.c:1674:29: warning: βcontext_countβ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
libavcodec/ffv1.c:1544:15: note: βcontext_countβ was declared here
CC      libavcodec/ffwavesynth.o
CC      libavcodec/flac.o
CC      libavcodec/flac_parser.o
libavcodec/flac_parser.c: In function βflac_parseβ:
libavcodec/flac_parser.c:572:50: warning: cast discards β__attribute__((const))β qualifier from pointer target type [-Wcast-qual]
CC      libavcodec/flacdata.o
CC      libavcodec/flacdec.o
CC      libavcodec/flashsv.o
CC      libavcodec/flicvideo.o
CC      libavcodec/flvdec.o
CC      libavcodec/fmtconvert.o
CC      libavcodec/fraps.o
CC      libavcodec/frwu.o
CC      libavcodec/g722.o
CC      libavcodec/g722dec.o
CC      libavcodec/g723_1.o
CC      libavcodec/g726.o
CC      libavcodec/g729dec.o
libavcodec/g729dec.c: In function βdecode_frameβ:
libavcodec/g729dec.c:423:14: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
CC      libavcodec/g729postfilter.o
CC      libavcodec/gifdec.o
CC      libavcodec/golomb.o
CC      libavcodec/gsm_parser.o
CC      libavcodec/gsmdec.o
CC      libavcodec/gsmdec_data.o
CC      libavcodec/h261.o
CC      libavcodec/h261_parser.o
CC      libavcodec/h261dec.o
CC      libavcodec/h263.o
CC      libavcodec/h263_parser.o
CC      libavcodec/h263dec.o
CC      libavcodec/h264.o
libavcodec/h264.c: In function βdecode_slice_headerβ:
libavcodec/h264.c:2925:35: warning: to be safe all intermediate pointers in cast from βuint8_t **β to βconst uint8_t **β must be βconstβ qualified [-Wcast-qual]
libavcodec/h264.c: In function βfill_filter_caches_interβ:
libavcodec/h264.c:3282:34: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/h264.c:3297:38: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/h264.c:3330:30: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/h264.c: In function βdecode_frameβ:
libavcodec/h264.c:4078:21: warning: initialization discards βconstβ qualifier from pointer target type [enabled by default]
arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.6/README.Bugs> for instructions.
make[2]: *** [libavcodec/h264.o] Error 4
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/pi/xbmc-rbp/lib/ffmpeg'
make[1]: *** [ffmpeg] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pi/xbmc-rbp/lib'
make: *** [dvdpcodecs] Error 2
Ἓν οἶδα, ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα. (All I know is that I know nothing)

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:41 am

That error usually means you ran out of memory.

sotris99

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:26 am

do i need bigger swap file?
Ἓν οἶδα, ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα. (All I know is that I know nothing)

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:05 am

Most likely yes

Emil

Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:23 pm

I properly got xbmc up and running very smooth, but it seems there is no way to stretch 4:3 videos to 16:9 using the settings in xbmc. Stretching works fine in omxplayer though.

Any suggestions?

henle

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:26 am

Emil wrote:I properly got xbmc up and running very smooth, but it seems there is no way to stretch 4:3 videos to 16:9 using the settings in xbmc. Stretching works fine in omxplayer though.

Any suggestions?
I don't think it's implemented yet.

nummy

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:07 am

sotris99 wrote:Hello i have some problems to make the build...

CC      libavcodec/adx.o
CC      libavcodec/anm.o
libavcodec/ansi.c:224:35: warning: βheightβ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
libavcodec/ansi.c:224:35: warning: βwidthβ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
CC      libavcodec/ass.o
libavcodec/atrac1.c:322:47: warning: to be safe all intermediate pointers in cast from βfloat **β to βconst float **β must be βconstβ qualified [-Wcast-qual]
libavcodec/atrac3.c:879:38: warning: to be safe all intermediate pointers in cast from βfloat **β to βconst float **β must be βconstβ qualified [-Wcast-qual]
libavcodec/atrac3.c:883:47: warning: to be safe all intermediate pointers in cast from βfloat **β to βconst float **β must be βconstβ qualified [-Wcast-qual]
libavcodec/avpacket.c:130:5: warning: βav_destruct_packet_nofreeβ is deprecated (declared at libavcodec/avpacket.c:27) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
CC      libavcodec/avs.o
libavcodec/get_bits.h:278:8: warning: βchange_map.size_in_bits_plus8β may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
libavcodec/get_bits.h:261:26: warning: βchange_map.bufferβ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
CC      libavcodec/bfi.o
libavcodec/bink.c:860:17: warning: passing argument 4 of βread_dct_coeffsβ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/bink.c:893:17: warning: passing argument 4 of βread_dct_coeffsβ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/binkaudio.c:269:43: warning: to be safe all intermediate pointers in cast from βfloat **β to βconst float **β must be βconstβ qualified [-Wcast-qual]
libavcodec/binkaudio.c:271:48: warning: to be safe all intermediate pointers in cast from βfloat **β to βconst float **β must be βconstβ qualified [-Wcast-qual]
libavcodec/bintext.c:92:13: warning: βhscrollβ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
libavcodec/bitstream_filter.c:62:15: warning: cast discards β__attribute__((const))β qualifier from pointer target type [-Wcast-qual]
CC      libavcodec/bmp.o
libavcodec/bmp.c:177:22: warning: βrgb[2]β may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
libavcodec/bmp.c:177:22: warning: βrgb[1]β may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
libavcodec/bmp.c:172:21: warning: βrgb[0]β may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
CC      libavcodec/bmv.o
CC      libavcodec/c93.o
libavcodec/chomp_bsf.c:34:16: warning: cast discards β__attribute__((const))β qualifier from pointer target type [-Wcast-qual]
CC      libavcodec/dca.o
CC      libavcodec/dct.o
CC      libavcodec/dfa.o
CC      libavcodec/dpx.o
CC      libavcodec/dv.o
libavcodec/dv.c:1097:12: warning: assignment discards βconstβ qualifier from pointer target type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dv.c:350:34: warning: βdvvideo_init_encoderβ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
libavcodec/dv.c:930:12: warning: βdv_encode_video_segmentβ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
libavcodec/dvbsubdec.c:1034:9: warning: variable βversionβ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
CC      libavcodec/dwt.o
libavcodec/dwt.c:1080:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1081:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1104:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1105:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1127:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1128:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1152:46: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1168:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1169:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1193:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1194:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1195:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1196:49: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1303:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1304:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1310:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1311:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1317:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1318:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1325:29: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1334:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1335:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1340:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1341:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1342:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/dwt.c:1343:32: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
CC      libavcodec/dxa.o
libavcodec/eamad.c:97:44: warning: βmv_yβ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
libavcodec/eamad.c:97:97: warning: βmv_xβ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
libavcodec/ffv1.c:238:13: warning: βfind_best_stateβ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
libavcodec/ffv1.c:327:39: warning: βput_symbolβ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
libavcodec/ffv1.c:1674:29: warning: βcontext_countβ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
libavcodec/flac_parser.c:572:50: warning: cast discards β__attribute__((const))β qualifier from pointer target type [-Wcast-qual]
libavcodec/g729dec.c:423:14: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/h264.c:2925:35: warning: to be safe all intermediate pointers in cast from βuint8_t **β to βconst uint8_t **β must be βconstβ qualified [-Wcast-qual]
libavcodec/h264.c:3282:34: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/h264.c:3297:38: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/h264.c:3330:30: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
libavcodec/h264.c:4078:21: warning: initialization discards βconstβ qualifier from pointer target type [enabled by default]
I get the same errors as you when I try to make :(

kadams2929

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:58 am

Hi Silas,

I'm using your raspbian-xbmc-2012-07-31 image with great success and I just ordered the Mpeg-2 license key. The instructions for the Mpeg-2 license advise to upgrade to the most recent version of the firmware (after August 8th).

It seems 'sudo rpi-update' is firmware specific, but I'm concerned with receiving experimental firmware.

The forum says the 'sudo apt-get update' and 'sudo apt-get upgrade' commands keeps Raspbian up to date with the latest packages.

You know your image best. What is your recommendation to upgrade the firmware without breaking everything?

Thanks,

kiasa

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:56 am

i my friend, :D
like u i also have a problem when i make the build

[email protected] ~/xbmc-rbp $ make -C tools/rbp/depends/xbmc/
the output is

make: Entering directory `/home/pi/xbmc-rbp/tools/rbp/depends/xbmc'
cd ../../../../; ./bootstrap
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.in: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --output=aclocal.m4t
Can't exec "aclocal": No such file or directory at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 326.
autoreconf: failed to run aclocal: No such file or directory
make: *** [configure] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home/pi/xbmc-rbp/tools/rbp/depends/xbmc'
here the procedure i'm following
http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianXBMC
want u share some info with me ?? thanks and bye
Stefano

nummy wrote:
sotris99 wrote:Hello i have some problems to make the build...

CC      libavcodec/adx.o
CC      libavcodec/anm.o
CC      libavcodec/ass.o
CC      libavcodec/avs.o
CC      libavcodec/bfi.o
CC      libavcodec/bmp.o
CC      libavcodec/bmv.o
CC      libavcodec/c93.o
CC      libavcodec/dca.o
CC      libavcodec/dct.o
CC      libavcodec/dfa.o
CC      libavcodec/dpx.o
CC      libavcodec/dv.o
CC      libavcodec/dwt.o
CC      libavcodec/dxa.o
I get the same errors as you when I try to make :(

silas

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:10 am

kadams2929 wrote:Hi Silas,

I'm using your raspbian-xbmc-2012-07-31 image with great success and I just ordered the Mpeg-2 license key. The instructions for the Mpeg-2 license advise to upgrade to the most recent version of the firmware (after August 8th).

It seems 'sudo rpi-update' is firmware specific, but I'm concerned with receiving experimental firmware.

The forum says the 'sudo apt-get update' and 'sudo apt-get upgrade' commands keeps Raspbian up to date with the latest packages.

You know your image best. What is your recommendation to upgrade the firmware without breaking everything?

Thanks,
I guess apt-get update and apt-get upgrade will install the latest firmware.

If it doesn't, you can always try rpi-update, but i don't think that is used anymore :)

Return to “Raspbian”