jakjack1

Re: 8" Touchscreen with Pi.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:34 pm

Got my Pi a few days back, after having a few issues with the courier, I finally got it, anyhow.

basically, I have an old Arnova 8G2 Android Tablet, and the charging port decided it wanted to long longer be attached to the device, so I decided to gut it and I thought I would be able to use the LCD for the Pi, bonus is it also has a touchscreen with it.

Now, I plan on using it for a media control device, press and play the song kinda thing, over the network.

I have found the datasheet, and a brief look on the web, but i'm not entirely sure how I would go about it, I know it will either be via USB or the GPIO, but, any help and guidance is always handy.

Screen info: http://www.panelook.com/modeld.....12101.html

Image of connectors: http://mllcd.en.alibaba.com/vi.....80SN03.jpg

jbeale

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:04 pm

From the datasheet I see it needs 5 different supply voltages (3.3V, +/- 5V, +/- 14V) and it has 60 pins on the data interface (on a 0.5mm pitch flex cable). This doesn't sound like a simple project to me.

Gert van Loo

Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:09 pm

Most likely it has a real LCD  interface (24-bit LVDS parallel) which the Raspberry-Pi can't drive directly . You need an LCD driver IC for that. That is a major project for which you need a electrical engineering degree. You want to know my hourly rate?

simplyfred

Thu May 10, 2012 11:45 pm

Find out the LCD panels Make and no. and check it out on NJYtouch site for a compatible LCD controller, you may be lucky as their prices are not bad, DVI and HDMI on some.

The touch screen is probably USB connected.

Return to “Other projects”