LiamC27

Rasp Pi 2 Delivery - empty box on delivery

Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:04 pm

Hi guys,

just a quick question..

Today I got back to my house to find my Raspberry Pi 2 had been delivered (or so I thought), but when I opened the box it was EMPTY, just had the bubble wrap (which is fun) and the invoice.

Now there is no problem, as I rang them and without hesitation they have sent out another (this isn't an angry message).

I am just curious if this has happened to anybody else? I ordered it from one of the main distributors as well which makes me interested to see if I have been really unlucky or something is a miss.

Cheers,

Liam
Last edited by clive on Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title reflects content

Burngate

Re: Rasp Pi 2 Delivery

Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:21 am

No, it didn't happen to me, but it's somewhat similar (or totally contrary) to my first experience with the delivery of a Pi, ordered from RS when they first came out.

Ordered one, waited the requisite couple of months (Those were the days, my friend! We thought they'd never end!) then two arrived.
When I "complained", they said "Sorry. Keep it." I didn't keep it - I gave it away to someone who was still waiting.

The only thing that happened this time was I got a knock on the door - a lady from the shop up the road had taken delivery and signed for it. Quite how ParcelForce mixed up number 5 with number 41 I don't know.

GoingPostal13

Re: Rasp Pi 2 Delivery - empty box on delivery

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:05 pm

A small number of people received empty boxes when the original Pi B launched IIRC so it's not without precedence.

bullwinkle

Re: Rasp Pi 2 Delivery

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:27 pm

Burngate wrote:NQuite how ParcelForce mixed up number 5 with number 41 I don't know.
41= 4+1 = 5 ....(a guess, but who knows)

Heater

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:40 pm

Those empty Raspberry Pi boxes are a rarity.

You probably get a good price for it on ebay :)

EtonMess

Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:07 pm

You can usually tell by the approach of customer service when you speak to them, if they are nonchalent and quick to offer a replacement then they've probably had a few occurrences already.
.G6FIR

LiamC27

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:56 pm

Well all is good, as I left for my lecture this morning, I was met at the door by a UPS delivery man. I quickly checked the box and it was in there this time :P

Just finished working on a project so getting my first chance to fire it up.

Anyone else making a nice collection of Raspberry Pi's? Im on number four now, and can't wait to compare it to the original.

AndyD

Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:07 pm

LiamC27 wrote:Well all is good, as I left for my lecture this morning, I was met at the door by a UPS delivery man. I quickly checked the box and it was in there this time :P

Just finished working on a project so getting my first chance to fire it up.

Anyone else making a nice collection of Raspberry Pi's? Im on number four now, and can't wait to compare it to the original.
Glad it all got resolved. Would be a sad feeling to receive an empty box, and have that nagging doubt that the supplier won't believe you. When my pi2 arrives it will be number 5.

EtonMess

Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:06 am

LiamC27 wrote: Anyone else making a nice collection of Raspberry Pi's? Im on number four now, and can't wait to compare it to the original.
I have 9 (I think at the last count).

I was trying to collect all variations, but then Raspberry Pi released a limited edition blue one which threw me off and I gave up.
I do have one of the original first 10,000 Chinese batch from day 1, with no CE mark.
.G6FIR

DougieLawson

Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:27 pm

LiamC27 wrote: Anyone else making a nice collection of Raspberry Pi's? Im on number four now, and can't wait to compare it to the original.
Four here
1. B rev2 (Pi)
2. B rev2 (Raspberry)
3. A+ (Aplus)
4. 2B (Apollo, it's also the .11 device on my network)

When the next one lands here I think I'll call it "Eagle", then I can say "The Eagle has landed". :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Note: Having anything remotely humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

BMS Doug

Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:15 pm

I'm on my 5th, not that they are all in use.

Model B (in my Dalek)
Model B+ (was my practice pi, just hook things up to it and see if I can get them to work).
2x Model A+ (one is now a T-Rex and is at my daughters school, the other is spare)
1x Pi 2B (maybe my new practice pi, it's already in the case I had the B+ in).
Doug.
Building Management Systems Engineer.

Douglas6

Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:33 pm

1 'A', 4 'B's, 2 'A+'s, 2 'B+'s.

But I'm not addicted. I can quit any time. Any time after the next one, that is.

Return to “General discussion”