Scribe

Re: Useful experiences Cross-Compiling on Windows

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Hello everyone!

Recognising how difficult cross-compiling can be for embedded n00bs, especially those looking to cross-compile with Windows, I\'ve taken care to document some of my own experiences as I take on a new project, in the hopes that I can make the task a little easier and less daunting for others.

Please feel free to visit my blog post, comments and feedback much appreciated:

http://blog.quickforge.co.uk/2011/10/ex ... ributions/

More to come soon,
Cheers

hippy

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Excellent stuff and just one suggestion ... a little more detail please on where to download from, which package/variant of the tools to grab, and where to put them. For example it isn\'t clear if Codeblocks should be the setup.exe or mingw-setup.exe package, if the Sourcery G++ Lite should be the EABI or GNU/Linux package.

Perhaps consider placing the articles in the Wiki or similar so it\'s easier for people who feel something is not clear can expand on that or add footnotes.

Scribe

Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:46 am

[quote]Quote from hippy on October 13, 2011, 00:54
Excellent stuff and just one suggestion ... a little more detail please on where to download from, which package/variant of the tools to grab, and where to put them. For example it isn\'t clear if Codeblocks should be the setup.exe or mingw-setup.exe package, if the Sourcery G++ Lite should be the EABI or GNU/Linux package.

Perhaps consider placing the articles in the Wiki or similar so it\'s easier for people who feel something is not clear can expand on that or add footnotes.[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestions. To clarify in the meantime for anyone, either version of Code::Blocks is fine, the mingw-setup.exe may come in handy in the future for building some linux based programs on Windows though. The GNU/Linux package should be used as EABI is geared towords compiling programs that run on their own without a typical operating system.

I will look to note these on my blog post a little later, there\'s more to come as well. Once this mini series is a little more complete I\'ll look into condensiing it for wiki use.

Cheers!

hippy

Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:31 pm

Thanks for the clarifications. I\'ve now got everything and will definitely be coming along for the ride.

Return to “General discussion”