fredca

Logitech keyboard & mouse combo

Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:16 pm

Logitech keyboard & mouse combo K270
I am successfully using this combo but can't set the mouse slow enough. In preferences I've turned it to min (10) but it's still much too sensitive for me.
I've tried setting this lower in the appropriate file, 5, which is fine but this is reset to 10 on reboot
anyone have any ideas?

Mandrewpi

Re: Logitech keyboard & mouse combo

Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:53 am

No sorry bud but I have the same combo and I changed the settings and it didn't slow down either I got it the other day and I got used to it :)
A computer is only as smart as its programmer. ;)

I own:
Pi B rev.2, Pi 2 B, Two Pi 3 B, Two Pi 3 b+, Pi 4 2Gb, Pi Zero 1.2, Pi Zero 1.3, Two Pi Zero Ws.
I'm known elsewhere as mandrew1444

Mandrewpi

Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:57 am

Didn't slow down enough annoying auto correct
A computer is only as smart as its programmer. ;)

I own:
Pi B rev.2, Pi 2 B, Two Pi 3 B, Two Pi 3 b+, Pi 4 2Gb, Pi Zero 1.2, Pi Zero 1.3, Two Pi Zero Ws.
I'm known elsewhere as mandrew1444

Sleep Mode zZ

Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:55 am

You could probably work around that problem by using the xset (with the option m ) or the xinput command (set-ptr-feedback). If they work when executed from a terminal you could then put the command into a text file and execute that either manually when needed, or automatically at startup/login. I have not used them on the Pi but on my desktop computer in a similar situation. They are general X-windows programs and should work also on the Pi. (If they are not installed by default, you have to install them first. They should be in the repositories.)

The xset is simpler to use. Here is what the documentation says:
mouse
The m option controls the mouse parameters; it may be abbreviated to 'm'. The parameters for the mouse are `acceleration' and `threshold'. The acceleration can be specified as an integer, or as a simple fraction. The mouse, or whatever pointer the machine is connected to, will go `acceleration' times as fast when it travels more than `threshold' pixels in a short time. This way, the mouse can be used for precise alignment when it is moved slowly, yet it can be set to travel across the screen in a flick of the wrist when desired. One or both parameters for the m option can be omitted, but if only one is given, it will be interpreted as the acceleration. If no parameters or the flag 'default' is used, the system defaults will be set.
If the `threshold' parameter is provided and 0, the `acceleration' parameter will be used in the exponent of a more natural and continuous formula, giving precise control for slow motion but big reach for fast motion, and a progressive transition for motions in between. Recommended `acceleration' value in this case is 3/2 to 2, but not limited to that range.
I use:

Code: Select all

xset m 7/4 0
There are probably many ways to execute that command without typing it again. I have it in a text file that I then execute when needed:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
xset m 7/4 0
It is possible to have many files and then execute then when needed with a shortcut from the panel or in some other way, if e.g. some game needs different settings than your normal desktop use.

http://www.x.org/archive/X11R7.5/doc/ma ... set.1.html

Xinput gives also other options to tweak your mouse, but is more complex to use:
http://www.x.org/archive/X11R7.5/doc/ma ... put.1.html

fredca

Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:21 am

Thanks Sleep Mode that seems to work, I used xset m 1/4 2 which is workable for me.

Return to “General discussion”