FeminD

Setting up PirateBox

Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:30 am

Hi guyz I am new to linux.
I run raspbian on my raspberry pi b+ and I wanna make a pirate box on it.
Can some one explain each step of it including the creation of a access point I would really appreciate it.

To create a access point I will need to install the usb dongle right ? (I have dlink dwa-123 , how do I install it, please include that in the steps)

Thank you...

ame

Re: Setting up PirateBox

Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:02 am

Instructions are here. Follow them carefully. If you get stuck, report back saying what you tried, and what didn't work. http://piratebox.cc/raspberry_pi:diy

Google "raspberry access point" to learn about making an AP.

FeminD

Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:34 am

Please dont give links... I dont understand them... please explain steps over here

FeminD

Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:40 am

I cannot undersant post instalation steps.....
Please explain me now cuz the steps on the link isnt easy to understand the post installation steps. ?.!!

HELLP..!

ame

Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:41 am

FeminD wrote:Please dont give links... I dont understand them... please explain steps over here
If I pasted the steps here it would be the same information. Do you know how the internet works?

ame

Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:54 am

FeminD wrote:I cannot undersant post instalation steps.....
Please explain me now cuz the steps on the link isnt easy to understand the post installation steps. ?.!!

HELLP..!
Ok, so you finished the installation then. Which post-installation step are you stuck on?

FeminD

Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:28 am

I cannot understand any of the post installation steps ? should i instead go for the manual set up ?

FeminD

Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:29 am

ame wrote:

HELLP..!
Ok, so you finished the installation then. Which post-installation step are you stuck on?
I cannot understand any of the post installation steps ? should i instead go for the manual set up ?

ame

Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:44 am

FeminD wrote:
ame wrote:

HELLP..!
So, step 1, then.

You probably shouldn't try manual setup if you don't understand anything.

Your WiFi dongle is compatible (it's listed here http://piratebox.cc/raspberry_pi:pirate ... patibility).

So, step 1. Power up the Pi.

When it's powered up can you see the Pirate box AP?

Area30

Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:54 pm

FeminD,

I took a look on the link that was posted by ame. The steps are really easy and well explained.
Using an editor like vi or nano or how to ssh is Linux basic knowledge. If you don't understand that, take a book about Linux basics or read about that stuff on a linux website for beginners (Google is your friend).
If you want to have fun with the Raspi, you have to bring in your own brain - sorry for that.

And if you want to have help you need to explain your problem more detailed. But when I read your answers like "Please dont give links... I dont understand them... please explain steps over here" and "I cannot understand any of the post installation steps", I think your are not ready for the Raspi yet (or your are a Troll).

Regards,
Area

Return to “General discussion”