jojo_angelov

ext4_journal_check_start: Detected aborted journal -Pi froze

Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:10 am

So I have been having a very weird behavior on my Raspberry pi.

I've noticed it happen several times in the past week:

Code: Select all

EXT4-fs error (device mmcblk0p2): ext4_journal_check_start:56 Detected aborted journal
[ 500.880656] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): Remounting filesystem read-only
part2.png
part2.png (31.02 KiB) Viewed 2917 times
After this error showed up, a few seconds passed and another screen appeared showing some text, and then the Pi shutdown and my WiFi adapter (Edimax) started displaying it's blue light constantly without flicker, which is what it usually shows when it's working. I had to unplug the power cable and plug it back in.

I am kind of worried now because I am using this Pi for a remote location that I cannot visit physically that often and if it crashes on me like that, that would be a problem.

I am not sure if the following is related but I do get this on boot:

Code: Select all

Mounting local filesystems...[   19.492922] FAT-fs (mmcblk0p1): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck.
part1.png
part1.png (62.19 KiB) Viewed 2917 times

davidcoton

Re: ext4_journal_check_start: Detected aborted journal -Pi f

Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:14 am

The two messages are probably related. Did you run fsck on reboot? That may fix it.
Signature retired

gkreidl

Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:25 am

davidcoton wrote:The two messages are probably related. Did you run fsck on reboot? That may fix it.
No, they're not. The second isn't relevant at all (covered it lots of forum posts alreday).

The first one shows a corrupted root file system. Perhaps time to get a new SD card if that happens more than once.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

jojo_angelov

Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:52 pm

gkreidl wrote:
davidcoton wrote:The two messages are probably related. Did you run fsck on reboot? That may fix it.
No, they're not. The second isn't relevant at all (covered it lots of forum posts alreday).

The first one shows a corrupted root file system. Perhaps time to get a new SD card if that happens more than once.
Do you think I need to redo my Raspberry pi image completely, or can I just write it to a new SD card?

Would fsck be causing any other errors or is it just a warning?

fruitoftheloom

Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:07 pm

jojo_angelov wrote:
gkreidl wrote:

Do you think I need to redo my Raspberry pi image completely, or can I just write it to a new SD card?

Would fsck be causing any other errors or is it just a warning?
You likely need a new SD Card ;)
Retired disgracefully.....

jojo_angelov

Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:30 pm

gotcha! I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't something wrong with my image, which could be causing the issues.

Return to “General discussion”