vectraboyv6

copying lib files

Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:49 pm

hi

i sit here with massive frustration. every time I try to do something that is so simple on a pc it ends up taking days in linux..

problem is :-

i have a touchscreen that works straight away in windows and unbumtu suprisly but not in raspbian, So after much seaching and dead ends and workarounds that dont work, I found a helpfull chap who has uploaded and modiflyed kernel plus other files. So all i have to do is copy the files in the relavent place on the sd card. simple right??? on a pc yes but on raspbian NO.

firsty i cant copy across as windows doesnt reconise the linux share on the sd card, also i cant copy across via my network a startx wont let me access my NAS drive.

then there is a issue with premissions etc as i assume its using the files im trying to copy. so it always fails. then you got all this sudo and 80s style commands

heres the download link http://www.insideelectronics.co.uk/rasp ... l-support/

i just need to copy the /lib/files from my pc into the linux /lib/files

please help

klricks

Re: copying lib files

Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:59 pm

Whats wrong with your NAS? My NAS and other shared folders just work.
In Filemanager pull down menu: [Go] --> [Network Drives]

You could also use a USB 'thumb' drive to transfer files.

My USB touchscreen just works as well, although only in single touch mode.... mouse pointer jumps to where you touch.

All the above assumes Raspbian OS......
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated RPiOS Buster w/ Desktop OS.

vectraboyv6

Re: copying lib files

Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:19 pm

lastest raspbian,,

the nas it shows it but wont connect. ot wont ask for the user id and password, just chucks me out

the touchscreen is reconise on bootup and in lsusb command but looks to be missing the "driver" attemps to install the driver have been not sucessfull. including recompling the kernel etc..

Return to “General discussion”