sudaraka

RS delivered after a month

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:50 pm

I got Raspberry Pi yesterday, exactly after one month after I placed the order. I wanted to post my experience since many ask here about the RS delivery.

I received the invitation from RS or order on May 21st and place the order that same day. After the initial order confirmation email from RS, I never heard back from them about the order.
about 3 week later (since they said the order will be dispatched within 3 weeks) I emailed RS Raspberry Pi team but did not receive any response. I was bit worried at this point.
Then suddenly on June 19th I received an email from DHL with a tracking number of a shipment from RS, two days later my Pi arrived at the door.

RS still keeps sending me emails saying that I will receive my invitation code soon :)
I'm glad that everything worked out fine, but it would be nice if they could keep us updated of the status during the order and dispatch period.

fishy0689

Re: RS delivered after a month

Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Mine left Heathrow late last night, returned to Heathrow a half an hour later, and left Heathrow again this morning. I assume I'll be getting it monday.

Phil Spiegel

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:21 pm

fishy0689 wrote:Mine left Heathrow late last night, returned to Heathrow a half an hour later, and left Heathrow again this morning. I assume I'll be getting it monday.
Phil: Was that perhaps movement between the differing terminals at Heathrow? - starting in the cargo area???, and then going on a passenger plane?

fishy0689

Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Phil Spiegel wrote:
fishy0689 wrote:Mine left Heathrow late last night, returned to Heathrow a half an hour later, and left Heathrow again this morning. I assume I'll be getting it monday.
Phil: Was that perhaps movement between the differing terminals at Heathrow? - starting in the cargo area???, and then going on a passenger plane?
It's certainly possible! I will say I'm impressed with DHL's tracking. It's almost entertaining watching your package bounce around everywhere across the pond. I guess I'm way too accustomed to canada post, which more or less lets you know something was received a week or so after it got there.

Return to “General discussion”