jojo_angelov

Writing SD card image to microSD card. Rpi B+ not booting

Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:29 pm

So I have an image that I made using a 4GB SD card. I am writing this image for the B+ and I am writing it on a Kingston 8GB Class 10 microSD card. If I use the Kingston in a normal Pi, it works great. However, when I put the microSD in the B+, it never boots... I know the B+ is working as I used it so I am not sure what is happening. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated...

rpdom

Re: Writing SD card image to microSD card. Rpi B+ not bootin

Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:45 am

If a card boots on a B but not on a B+, then it is probably using out of date firmware. Try using rpi-update on the B to update the card before trying it on the B+.

DirkS

Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:18 am

Try using rpi-update on the B to update the card before trying it on the B+.
AFAIK using

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
on the B should be enough to get it up to date for a B+.
No need for rpi-update.

Gr.
Dirk.

DirkS

Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:19 pm

supra wrote:
jojo_angelov wrote:So I have an image that I made using a 4GB SD card. I am writing this image for the B+ and I am writing it on a Kingston 8GB Class 10 microSD card. If I use the Kingston in a normal Pi, it works great. However, when I put the microSD in the B+, it never boots... I know the B+ is working as I used it so I am not sure what is happening. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated...
I have no issued problem. I merely used 16GB for for both B and B+ on one sd card. I have 2 SD cards(16GB). One is older version and one is latest version(2014-09-09).

If you can get 16GB SD cards. You may have no issue problem.
Size of cards is irrelevant. If your oldest version is from around the end of June (or was it July?) 2014 then it will work on the B+; if it's older it will not and needs to be updated first.

Gr.
Dirk.

jojo_angelov

Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:58 pm

Thank you! That is perfect and it worked like a charm!

Return to “General discussion”