Well said, and heartily seconded wiggis. The whole problem here is the way in which RS have failed to communicate with what they must laughingly call 'customers'. I for one wouldn't be in a job if I treated my customers the way they have theirs, and I can assure anyone reading that were it not for the shoddy refund process, I too would have walked away (and may yet do despite of it) without RS getting any business from me at all.wiggis wrote: I think most of us accept your point that this is not a foundation issue . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Please dont hold your breath dumbfounded it just aint worth itdumbfounded wrote:Come on RS do what you said you would do and I will come back on here and apologise profusely.
I love your style wiggis, if thats the right address I can't wait to see how long it takes the sneaky RS crew to request it's removal. Get it in your address books quick for when they dowiggis wrote:I believe an email to firstname.lastname@example.org would do the trick.
It's your call obviously, but why would you wait 3+ weeks when other places have it in stock ready to ship?kamac495 wrote:I've just made an order by RS, but I spotted this thread now... Should I cancel my order on RS and switch to Farnell ? Would I get a money refund that way?
... Or shall I wait?
This is exactly the problem, well said. I have just e-mailed RS again about my missing order. The Foundation would do well to listen to the frustration of their customers. It's a Raspberry Pi I ordered, not an RS Pi. We would really like to know that the Foundation is at least calling RS to account over this fiasco. We were really excited about the Raspberry Pi when we first heard about it, but the long wait first to even "express an interest" in ordering, then the long gap until we were "invited" to order and now the disaster that is delivery has completely taken the gloss off our excitement.wiggis wrote:James
I think most of us accept your point that this is not a foundation issue.
That said, what has been most annoying about RS is not their lack of forward planning (bad though that has been), but their complete and abject lack of communication, and the fact that they blatantly 'lost' roughly 10,000 orders in their systems, and as a result have been fulfilling orders 'out of sequence'. They knew about my interest in March 2012 and of my order in June 2012 and yet they still managed to screw it up. People will happily form an orderly queue, right up until the point that they see other much shorter queues, or worse people jumping the queue that they have been stood in for months on end - either accidentally, or by design.
What I and I think others would like the foundation to do is for it to register with RS (at high levels in their organisation) that their lack of communication and general shoddiness in their handling of these orders is tarnishing their own reputation, and by reflection that of the Raspberry Pi brand.
Now damage to the brand is something that the foundation should take seriously.
Have RS actually taken money? Or do they charge on dispatch as they should do in the EU?dumbfounded wrote:James noone said it was the foundation's fault and furthermore there's no need for you to be an RS apologist - you make it sound like they're the victims.
I sure wish I had set myself up a website claiming to be able to take orders for a Pi and absconded with the money.There's probably a name for that kind of behaviour. Yes I could probably cancel but having waited since june what is the point?
RS seriously if you can't do it just fess up and give the money back don't horde the ill gotten gains and give us that next month rubbish because frankly I would be amazed if it ever turns up. It's all gone quiet again and we all know that means there's no chance of them meeting even their delayed shipping dates.
Come on RS do what you said you would do and I will come back on here and apologise profusely.
??Toirtín Súcraobh wrote:I will hang on for RS to deliver my Pi, but my view of both RS and the Foundation has suffered by the lack of ability of both to manage this situation and resolve it adequately and quickly.
Good for you if you're able to afford to order the Pi from multiple sources. Some of us can't.Dweeber wrote:??Toirtín Súcraobh wrote:I will hang on for RS to deliver my Pi, but my view of both RS and the Foundation has suffered by the lack of ability of both to manage this situation and resolve it adequately and quickly.
I clearly don't get this at all.
As soon as I found out there was an alternative source for the same product I would not hesitate to cancel and order from the other source.
I see no point in continuing to wait for a product from a company that clearly doesn't have a handle on what they are doing. And I certainly would not be giving the Foundation a hard time because one of their distributors screwed up especially when I could get a Pi in the hand in a matter of days.
Simple supply and demand issue...
I'd rather be playing than complaining...
1) When you ordered your board how many weeks ago now, there were no Rev2's.Pi-Scan wrote:Well, if we had decided to cancel our order sooner, we would now own a version 1 board in stead of a rev.2 board.