secretreeve

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:40 pm

im hoping mine will be sent out soon, order numbers like 101xxx though

Hattiwatti

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:42 pm

I got all excited because my order number is 96xxx.
Then I remembered I had also ordered a clear case.

Mr.Dave

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:46 pm

Parcelforce Express24 is not 24 hours if sent on a Friday unless the sender pays for Saturday delivery so my Pi will be here on Monday instead

Status: Out for Delivery (Which I take as loaded onto the van for tomorrow)

cspiby

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:09 pm

I'd be happy to change my case to black or white if it means I get my order sooner.

Could RS do this?

kalehrl

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:44 am

It can't be done.
You can only cancel your order, not amend it.
But why not wait another week for them to be available?

cspiby

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:08 am

Who says it's going to only be another week?

PaulCheffus

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:29 am

cspiby wrote:Who says it's going to only be another week?
Hi

The current date given by RS to several people is 9th August hence the comment about another week.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

cspiby

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:17 am

Thanks - missed that on the previous page.

itstelboy

Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:43 pm

Pre - registration in February
Invitation to order end of March
Order number: 69xxx
and still I wait !!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rich

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:12 pm

Got my email from parcelforce that it would be sent on friday. Tracking it on their website says it will be shipped today!

Ordered: 22/6/12 expected delivery by : 7/9/12
Delivered: 30/7/12

Order no. 957xx

PaulCheffus

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:45 pm

itstelboy wrote:Pre - registration in February
Hi

Your order number is odd as it is possibly 22000 after mine and I registered interest on 3/3, invited to order 28/5 order number 47xxx, delivered 28th June.

Cheers

Paul

SibUser

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:55 pm

My order number is 46XX, yes, just some more then four and half thousands, and I still not have any information about shipping my order, since 12 may. I only know that orders in Russia ship via local distributor YE International, but they don't write me e-mails about any information :evil:

itstelboy

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:02 pm

PaulCheffus wrote:
Hi

Your order number is odd as it is possibly 22000 after mine and I registered interest on 3/3, invited to order 28/5 order number 47xxx, delivered 28th June.

Cheers

Paul
Hi,
sorry - I got the month wrong it should be invitation 30th May. (it just feels like it was back in March)

After recieving an email from RS informing me that I shouId recieve it any day now, I have just had an update from them stating that their system is showing it as being cancelled - what a farse!
I have checked with my Paypal account and no refund has been made if they have cancelled it.
I just feel totally frustrated by this whole experience with them!!

kyo01ex

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:32 pm

SibUser wrote:My order number is 46XX, yes, just some more then four and half thousands, and I still not have any information about shipping my order, since 12 may. I only know that orders in Russia ship via local distributor YE International, but they don't write me e-mails about any information :evil:
I understand how you feel, the service provided by RS is terrible.
My order reference is 48XX, and RS does not do the shipment yet.

His delivery table is a lie, the worst is that you can not cancel the order (http://authenticate.rsdelivers.com/stat ... tions.aspx), because they send you an email saying "Apologies for the delay, but as your order has been taken for dispatch I’m afraid we cannot cancel your order.", This email came to me last week July 24.

Did I really must believe that RS can not cancel the order having spent 18 days from the cancellation request?

secretreeve

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:15 pm

woot Pi should arrive tomorow! gots ma emailz

Roalush

Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:34 am

kyo01ex wrote:
SibUser wrote:My order number is 46XX, yes, just some more then four and half thousands, and I still not have any information about shipping my order, since 12 may. I only know that orders in Russia ship via local distributor YE International, but they don't write me e-mails about any information :evil:

His delivery table is a lie, the worst is that you can not cancel the order (http://authenticate.rsdelivers.com/stat ... tions.aspx), because they send you an email saying "Apologies for the delay, but as your order has been taken for dispatch I’m afraid we cannot cancel your order.", This email came to me last week July 24.

Did I really must believe that RS can not cancel the order having spent 18 days from the cancellation request?
Same thing for me, order 73xx. I asked them to give me the tracking number, turned out it was returned for sender. RS gave me two options, cancel or setup redelivery. I gave them my address again to confirm it's correct, that was last Thursday. Yesterday (Monday), 4 days later, I got a call from DHL confirming my address and delivery time.

wheresmypi

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:20 am

Have gone the ebay route and called my order... Order number was 21418. Seems cancelling is the only way to get some form of communication out of RS :) Let's see if they respond to the cancellation form....

Roalush

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:16 am

Roalush wrote:
kyo01ex wrote:

Same thing for me, order 73xx. I asked them to give me the tracking number, turned out it was returned for sender. RS gave me two options, cancel or setup redelivery. I gave them my address again to confirm it's correct, that was last Thursday. Yesterday (Monday), 4 days later, I got a call from DHL confirming my address and delivery time.
Delivered today. After two months of delay, a Happy ending for me, hopefully for everybody else.

itstelboy

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:50 am

itstelboy wrote:
PaulCheffus wrote:
Hi

Cheers

Paul
Hi,
sorry - I got the month wrong it should be invitation 30th May. (it just feels like it was back in March)

After recieving an email from RS informing me that I shouId recieve it any day now, I have just had an update from them stating that their system is showing it as being cancelled - what a farse!
I have checked with my Paypal account and no refund has been made if they have cancelled it.
I just feel totally frustrated by this whole experience with them!!
Well I have finally decided to give them until the end of the week to sort it out and despatch one out to me. Otherwise I definitley will cancell, and order one from Farnell, as they are quoting 3 weeks from ordering to delivery.

PaulCheffus

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi

My second one has just arrived from RS (actually it was originally my sons but he changed his mind)
16/4 - Registered Interest
22/6 - Invite to order
22/6 - Ordered, given number 99xxx expected delivery 11 weeks
30/7 - Despatch email
31/7 - Delivered

I didn't order anything else with the this one.

I did notice that on the Parcel Force tracking site my order number was 1010099xxx so to all those who are worried that their order numbers appear to be a long way off what is currently being delivered they arn't.

Cheers

Paul

JustPat

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:53 am

Well, I ordered my Pi on July 25th from Allied. I hadn't done any research on which company would be faster, I assumed they would be about the same (*slams face into desk*). The estimated delivery date on the website at the time I ordered was 18 weeks :shock: . The only thing is, most people say they got an estimated delivery date in their confirmation email, too. Mine didn't have one of these. My email just confirms my information, such as address and name. Should I be worried? Also, how does allied take 18 weeks when Farnell only takes 5? They should produce and receive orders at about the same rate, right? While Farnell's estimated delivery time goes down, Allied's estimated delivery time goes up. :?

rwill19050

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:09 pm

Well, I've done it, cancelled my order and gone to Farnell.
Disgusted with RS, I have never come up against a shambles like this one, and TOTAL lack of customer care from RS.
They should hang their collective heads in shame.
There is absolutely no excuse for their rubbish (none) service.
For an international company it should be a complete embarrassment.
Someone should get their backside kicked over this one.
But I guess that won't happen, after all we are only the customers.

hts

Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:29 pm

I've been following this topic since forever.

After reading all the "horror" stories about estimated delivery time-frames from both suppliers, I ordered my rasp from Farnell. They seamed the most organized, most up-to-date on delivery schedule, etc.

I wasn't wrong:

rasp ordered on July 5th, received on July 28th. A bit more than 3 weeks. Hurray!!**

Order details: ordered July 5th with order code #ORP0552x

** Hurray indead! I thought I would wait 11 weeks for my baby...

RPi1

Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:30 pm

If it's any constellation I emailed RS and they said the delivery info will be updated on this forum in the next few days.

rwill19050

Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:00 pm

rwill19050 wrote:Well, I've done it, cancelled my order and gone to Farnell.
Disgusted with RS, I have never come up against a shambles like this one, and TOTAL lack of customer care from RS.
They should hang their collective heads in shame.
There is absolutely no excuse for their rubbish (none) service.
For an international company it should be a complete embarrassment.
Someone should get their backside kicked over this one.
But I guess that won't happen, after all we are only the customers.
Update:
RPi ordered yesterday (31st) from Farnell, just got an email (1st August) to say the RPi has been shipped from thier warehouse, is this a record? :o

Return to “General discussion”