keytor69

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:54 pm

I just emailed Rs to enquire where my order number 65*** was.
I got a very inpersonal cut and past of my original order stating a 11 week deliver from 31/5 but whe I placed my order I was told 6 weeks and the first post in this thread also states about 6 weeks.

Why am I being told 11 weeks, Why isnt Mike updating this thread anymore, Are RS falling behind and afraid to inform customers who deserve to know the truth.

stevepdp

Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:39 pm

keytor69 wrote:Why am I being told 11 weeks, Why isnt Mike updating this thread anymore, Are RS falling behind and afraid to inform customers who deserve to know the truth.
Have you tried contacting Mike directly? His details can be found at the top of the thread

Please be patient, each of the firms are working their butts off to meet the demand. I'm sure Mike will update the thread when he is able to.

keytor69

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:09 pm

Hmm looks like left hand doesnt know what right hand is doing.
got this today:
You have a shipment being sent from RS COMPONENTS LTD that is due to be despatched on 16/07/2012 using our Express 24 service. The tracking reference number is IN****** and it comprises of 1 item

It seems that they are running about 6000-8000 behind their predicted schedule.

TimG

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:15 pm

My RS order number was close to 65000, and I got a shipping notice from DHL late this evening. I expect you'll hear something soon.

Vali

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:41 pm

Got shipping confirmation of order 651xx.
It was 16.07.2012, well 17.07.2012 in Australia.
Lead time was 7 weeks, ordered on 01.06.2012.
Shipped by DHL to Sydney.
Another Pi heading Down Under!

Regards,
Vali.

enixidfrag

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:42 pm

Trying to find out if I should bother keeping my order with RS or if i should cancel and go with Fernell. My order is 1121XX so im a ways down the cue it seems :/

Just tried emailing Mike.

keytor69

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:52 pm

by enixidfrag » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:42 am
Trying to find out if I should bother keeping my order with RS or if i should cancel and go with Fernell. My order is 1121XX so im a ways down the cue it seems :/

My original order was on the 9 March so I have waited 4 months - if you have have an order number why ditch it, nobody is going to deliver quicker unless you pay silly money on auction sites - stick with your order and be glad you only have to wait a few weeks .

enixidfrag

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:58 pm

keytor69 wrote:
by enixidfrag » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:42 am

My original order was on the 9 March so I have waited 4 months - if you have have an order number why ditch it, nobody is going to deliver quicker unless you pay silly money on auction sites - stick with your order and be glad you only have to wait a few weeks .

Well that's my problem. If the current estimated schedule is right I have to wait till September. But Fernell would be mid next month.

Mr.Dave

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:00 am

Sorry if this has already been asked, I ordered / paid for my my Pi on the 22nd June and have my receipts etc from rs-online and paypal, but when I log into my rs-online account, there is nothing in the order history

I am assuming this will update closer to the dispatch date but just wanted to double check something didn't go wrong with my order

Thanks

raindroidy

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:10 am

And finally today arrived with order 651XX bought 31May.

mraltair

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:13 am

Mr.Dave wrote:Sorry if this has already been asked, I ordered / paid for my my Pi on the 22nd June and have my receipts etc from rs-online and paypal, but when I log into my rs-online account, there is nothing in the order history

I am assuming this will update closer to the dispatch date but just wanted to double check something didn't go wrong with my order

Thanks
I think that is because you order your Pi through the seperate RS Raspberry Pi store rather than the general RS store. So your Pi order isn't included within the RS store orders.

ahmadyousaf

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:02 am

Hi,
I received the following message on 12th July 2012:

"We are pleased to confirm that your shipment / parcel is being sent to
you with DHL Express on 12/07/2012
"

I'm tracking my parcel since 12th July (like I check the status every 2 hours :cry: ) but the parcel is stuck at London airport since 13th July.
July 13, 2012 01:43 London-Heathrow - UK Processed for clearance at London-Heathrow - UK
I've contacted my local DHL office and they told me that I should contact the sender. I contacted DHL UK and they say I should contact my local DHL. I also posted a complaint at RS but they didn't reply. Please tell what should I do? I'm being really disappointed at this situation. :(

P.S: I live in Pakistan.
Ahmad

Montala

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:39 am

Is it really asking too much for someone from RS to update the 'Order Shipping Table' in the first post of this thread (which is now clearly incorrect) to reflect the current position, and to provide a more up to date indication of when orders placed many weeks, or even months ago now, will actually be fulfilled?

Thanks!

ahmadyousaf

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:42 am

ahmadyousaf wrote:Hi,
I received the following message on 12th July 2012:

"We are pleased to confirm that your shipment / parcel is being sent to
you with DHL Express on 12/07/2012
"

I'm tracking my parcel since 12th July (like I check the status every 2 hours :cry: ) but the parcel is stuck at London airport since 13th July.
July 13, 2012 01:43 London-Heathrow - UK Processed for clearance at London-Heathrow - UK
I've contacted my local DHL office and they told me that I should contact the sender. I contacted DHL UK and they say I should contact my local DHL. I also posted a complaint at RS but they didn't reply. Please tell what should I do? I'm being really disappointed at this situation. :(

P.S: I live in Pakistan.
Ahmad
Please ignore this post. Mike has replied to my mail and he's taking care of my problem :)

amberleaf123

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:46 am

mraltair wrote:
Mr.Dave wrote:Sorry if this has already been asked, I ordered / paid for my my Pi on the 22nd June and have my receipts etc from rs-online and paypal, but when I log into my rs-online account, there is nothing in the order history

Thanks
I think that is because you order your Pi through the seperate RS Raspberry Pi store rather than the general RS store. So your Pi order isn't included within the RS store orders.

Same happened to me but when I tried to log into the rs website with the details I put in it wouldnt recognize my e-mail address....but I just waited it out and kept my order/payment e-mails and then it came...:D

Mr.Dave

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:29 pm

amberleaf123 wrote:
mraltair wrote:

Thanks

Same happened to me but when I tried to log into the rs website with the details I put in it wouldnt recognize my e-mail address....but I just waited it out and kept my order/payment e-mails and then it came...:D

Thanks for that, I thought it would be something explainable :)

om8g

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:05 pm

Received my pi today. Order 654XX bought 31. May.

JRT

Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:46 pm

My RS order number is 101XXXXXXX...

Yes, all those X's are numbers. This seems a long way off from 64XXX, etc. Should I be worried?!

tankpi

Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:01 pm

JRT wrote:My RS order number is 101XXXXXXX...

Yes, all those X's are numbers. This seems a long way off from 64XXX, etc. Should I be worried?!
another order number 101xxxxxx :(
RS inform me that despatch expected within 12 week

iscroman

Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:13 pm

It appears that Element 14 is delivering faster than RS, just today I appreciate it on its website.

By the way, yesterday they charged my credit card for $ 666 pesos ($50 dolars), which have not yet received is the notification that my package has been sent.

Greetings.
iscroman wrote:This is my actual status, I will let you know the progress of the operation.

05.07.12 Registered with RS
12.07.12 Invited to order/ordered ( :D )
12.07.12 Order confirmed, 555**
(Despatch expected within 12 week(s)).

I'm from México. ;)

Regards.

TimG

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:43 pm

JRT wrote:My RS order number is 101XXXXXXX...

If you're asking if there are a billion people before you in the queue, then I think the answer is no :)

JRT

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:28 pm

Phew!

If I say I plan on doing some nice programming tutorials, and also that everyone on this project is lovely and I think this is a great idea, do I get bumped up the list?

Montala

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:47 pm

JRT wrote:Phew!

If I say I plan on doing some nice programming tutorials, and also that everyone on this project is lovely and I think this is a great idea, do I get bumped up the list?
A nice thought, but unfortunately it is Farnell/Element12 and RS who control the distribution lists, and not anyone on these forums, although I am sure that any programming tutorials would be more than welcome! ;)

Now is probably not I good time to say that I have just received an email from ParcelForce advising me that RS have just shipped my RasPi (Order No: 68xxx) so it looks as if, (in the UK at least) they are running about two weeks behind at the moment.

PaulCheffus

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Montala wrote:
JRT wrote:Phew!

A nice thought, but unfortunately it is Farnell/Element12 and RS who control the distribution lists, and not anyone on these forums, although I am sure that any programming tutorials would be more than welcome! ;)

Now is probably not I good time to say that I have just received an email from ParcelForce advising me that RS have just shipped my RasPi (Order No: 68xxx) so it looks as if, (in the UK at least) they are running about two weeks behind at the moment.
Hi

I would suggest they are only a couple of days behind. 71500 was scheduled for 15 July which was only two days ago and order numbers around 68xxx are currently being shipped.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Montala

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:13 pm

PaulCheffus wrote:Hi

I would suggest they are only a couple of days behind. 71500 was scheduled for 15 July which was only two days ago and order numbers around 68xxx are currently being shipped.

Cheers

Paul
Sorry Paul, I keep reading that table wrongly, for some reason, so I suppose it only a few days really, as mine should have been shipped last week.

It will be interesting to see if ParcelForce's 'Express 24 service' lives up to its name or not... assuming of course that my order did actually leave RS today! :)

Return to “General discussion”