ferrymanr

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:18 pm

I wonder what the chances are for my order 82521 (if and when arrives) comes as a Rev. 2 board?

cjthebrave

Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:38 pm

Well mines 83xxx and the above post is what I was told.

Who knows ?? :(

cjthebrave

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:27 pm

So . . . . . . the 24th came and went . . .
No indication from RS yet that the missed orders will start to ship this week.
"The tumbleweed continues its weary passage"

sdjf

Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:14 am

cjthebrave wrote:So . . . . . . the 24th came and went . . .
No indication from RS yet that the missed orders will start to ship this week.
This week has 4 business days to go, do not give up yet.
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

cjthebrave

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:52 am

sdjf wrote:
This week has 4 business days to go, do not give up yet.
Hehe - after 15 weeks another couple of days won't hurt, but I "expect" to hear something from RS otherwise I will be persuing some other route.

Hakase

Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:41 am

I ordered 30 June, cancelled yesterday. All information after order confirmation was, when i got that 5 weeks delay email. Going to order from Farnell.

Pi-Scan

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:19 am

Anyone has an idea when RS will get new chips? Do they have them allready?

RS give us an update!!!

cjthebrave

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:33 pm

Unsolicited e-mail from MicroDirect today . . . . . . .
"Raspberry Pi Starter Bundles Now in Stock!"

Contact from RS . . . . . . . .
who have been sitting on £40 + for 4 months having cocked up my order having failed to let me know and failed to apologise for their failings - without repeated email battering from myself - and when they did, advised me my order would now be processed 24th September (yesterday). . . . . .
" "
(no I didn't forget to type anything, " " was what I received. . . . . . AGAIN!!)

RS customer service, get your aRSe in gear and update the few of us who are still waiting for you to deliver, I can't see many of us wanting to use you any more after this fiasco, do you actually not care??

wiggis

Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:35 pm

Cancelled !

I finally gave up.
  • Registered interest March 2012
  • Offered activation number in June 2012
  • Order place in June 2012 (same day as activation number)
  • No information until 28 August (your order has been delayed to 30 September, maybe later)
  • Order number 833##
  • FAQ reckons it should have been delivered ages ago
  • This forum indicates that as many as 10,000 orders like mine were simply overlooked by RS :shock:
  • I cancelled 25 September via the RS Delivers (what a joke!) website.
  • Waiting on refund hitting my credit card.
Frankly I was fed up of waiting patiently in line at RS, only to discover that thousands of people who placed their orders after me have been served their orders before me, that other suppliers can offer delivery in a few days time, and I got very much annoyed seeing videos online of "clusters" of RPI's being assembled whilst I wait for my single lonely device.

RS - are you listening to your customers? If so, you can chalk me up as yet another who won't be spending even a solitary pound with you in the future.

cjthebrave

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:47 pm

wiggis wrote: No information until 28 August (your order has been delayed to 30 September, maybe later)
Order number 833##
Interesting, as my order was (IS :evil: ) 834xx, and I received the following in August :-

"................ However we assure you that this error will be rectified as soon as we receive our next shipment of Pi's from the manufacturer, which is the 24th September, and your order will be dispatched without any further delay."

Looks like they couldn't even rectify their error in numerical order eh!!

Something tells me I'm about to join the cancellation club after all. (16 weeks on) :(

dfrimmel

Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:11 am

Regarding FAQ shipping table I should have my RPi 114xxx shipped till:

1st – 7th October 1010123000

If no update and no RPi they will definitely have my order cancelation. Reading everywhere people have their RPi's in ultra fast delivery time and I'm waiting since Jun, and I should be thankful to RS that they charge my credit card use my money and didn't send me what I pay for. Yeah, and I should be happy because I might wait till Christmas or maybe longer. I will be fair and wait next week to pass if no dispatch/shipping info mail from RS then they can expect my immediate cancelation.
4 months for 256MB RPi ...
maybe 8 months for 128MB RPi who knows...
Thanks RS.

scrutz

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:01 am

I've given up on my order 108xxx

There has been no mention on here of anybody receiving a notification that their Pi has been shipped, so I've placed an order with an alternative supplier.

Now where is that link to cancel my RS order...

scrutz

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:08 am

Just cancelled my order 108xxx

Having heard nothing on here to suggest that RS are shipping anything this week, I've ordered elsewhere and should have my Pi tomorrow. :D

edit -- Oops double post.

wiggis

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:37 am

Just FYI - Farnell are currently showing 53 in stock for next working day delivery in the UK

I have ordered. Should get my RPI tomorrow.

Just waiting on my refund from RS to come through.

wiggis

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:45 am

Now down to 26 at Farnell. Get your skates on lads!

wiggis

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:47 am

wiggis wrote:Now down to 26 at Farnell. Get your skates on lads!
All gone. Hope those who are waiting on RS managed to get an order in with Farnell.

cjthebrave

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:32 am

Oh yeah - and look here :-

Maplin e-mail me today !!

"Raspberry Pi Has Arrived - Our Exclusive Starter Kit is Now Available!"

Taking orders online as we speak (albeit 'at a price')

Salt / Wound . . . . . .

RS - Get a grip !!!

numanoids

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:23 am

Just registered so I can add my name to the list of disgruntled RS people (I refuse to call us customers due to the way we've been treated).

Ordered on 26th June, paid via Paypal which was deducted a couple of days after and nothing until the order delay email, order number in the 101XXX range so expecting I'm one of the "lost".

Infuriating as I got the same email from the poster above from Maplin and I'm seriously considering buying that instead. Clearly RS have seriously mismanaged the entire process and while I can accept delays can and often do occur, the simple fact they have sat on a LOT of cash.

Have contacted RS a couple of ways so will post back if I hear anything definitive/useless although i'm not holding my breath.

wiggis

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:03 pm

Just got my shipping notice from Farnell. Amazing what a well organised company can do.

For those still wanting one 'now' there is a seller on ebay with a few in stock for next day delivery. He has a small mark up, but he is offering revision 2 boards plus a DVD of installation images. I have no affiliation with this guy. See http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271054744186

The cancellation link at RS is http://authenticate.rsdelivers.com/stat ... tions.aspx

dumbfounded

Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:50 pm

What's really amazing is that you can still get to the order page.

Are they really still claiming to be able to sell these?

It's a scam.

danialFACT

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:00 pm

just received an email from RS South Africa telling me that my shipment will only be sent on the 7th December 2012 - WTF!!!

I don't blame RS for this cock-up - I point my finger at Rasberry PI for not selecting manufaturers/distributors capable of meeting the demand!!!

And don't give me any BS about how the demand was never anticipated - please don't make excuses - tell me what you doing to fix the problem.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

fabiomsouto

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:10 pm

This is truly shameful. I have been waiting for my RPi since June 29, order 125XXX.
The only update I got was that there was going to be a delay (seriously, after waiting in the dark for ages, you inform me of yet another delay).

It is really annoying, I'm feeling like I have been stolen. I only don't cancel my order because you'll take another half year for refunding my money.

Get a grip RS. If you didn't have the capacity to do it, you shouldn't, simple as that.
PS: if I don't get a rev2 board, it's going back.

blitzyuk

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:36 pm

Well as im tired of waiting for my order (reference 102591) i have just ordered a Rev.2 board from here: http://www.newit.co.uk/shop/proddetail. ... aspberryPI i even paid for next day delivery so at least im garunteed to get it before 4 months unlike RS.

Ive also emailed RS to see if my Raspberry PI will be shipped this week as they state here [24th – 30th September 109000].

If it isnt then i have asked them to cancel it.
I know there was a backlog of orders but to have to wait this long is stupid.

So lets hope Newit can do better.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:43 pm

In answer to the the last four posts....

This is NOT a Foundation issue. It appears RS (Not the Foundation or Farnell) did not anticipate demand at this point of the year, and failed to order enough parts. There is a long leadtime on SoC's (it takes 3 months I think from order to getting them out of the foundry - that is NOT something that can be improved upon, it's just the amount of time it takes), and they are not stockpiled but made to order. So there were none available when RS realised they needed to order a load more to meet demand, so they had to be made, hence the extra leadtime.

Basically, one incorrect decision/prediction months ago has caused this issue, not an organisational problem. So please do not blame the Foundation for something entirely out of their control.

You know what the answer is - Farnell have them in stock.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

wiggis

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:11 pm

James

I think most of us accept your point that this is not a foundation issue.

That said, what has been most annoying about RS is not their lack of forward planning (bad though that has been), but their complete and abject lack of communication, and the fact that they blatantly 'lost' roughly 10,000 orders in their systems, and as a result have been fulfilling orders 'out of sequence'. They knew about my interest in March 2012 and of my order in June 2012 and yet they still managed to screw it up. People will happily form an orderly queue, right up until the point that they see other much shorter queues, or worse people jumping the queue that they have been stood in for months on end - either accidentally, or by design.

What I and I think others would like the foundation to do is for it to register with RS (at high levels in their organisation) that their lack of communication and general shoddiness in their handling of these orders is tarnishing their own reputation, and by reflection that of the Raspberry Pi brand.

Now damage to the brand is something that the foundation should take seriously.

Thank you.

Return to “General discussion”