RaTTuS

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:44 am

ivoneto91 wrote:
liz wrote:I'd love to, but I can't! That's not data that gets shared with the Foundation; as I said above, I'm really sorry, but there is a really limited amount of help (i.e. pretty much none, except from commiseration) that the Foundation can give you. You need to keep trying RS.
Tell me what i can do.
Take a airplane to UK and talk with RS?
I send emails, i try to call, but no sucess.

Im from brazil, its a little difficult to me to talk with RS.
brazil seems to have extra problems
but, usually better just to wait it out
and/or send polite emails
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

MilkyBar

Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:59 am

I write here because I am infuriated with the way RS Components are handling Customer Services matters with regards to Raspberry Pi orders. They have a separate email, which nobody bothers to answer. their main Customer Services just pass the buck, although I have just spoken to someone called Rebecca and she was extremely understanding and helpful. So if you have to call RS, I suggest ask for her. The other people I have dealt with are to be frank, rude and not bothered.

In my opinion the R Pi Foundation have made a huge mistake in using RS Components as one of their distributors.

RS want you to wait 14 WORKING days for a PayPal refund !!!

I have now ordered via Maplins, and had a traditional form of confirmation in the post this morning, after only ordering it on Saturday in their Cheltenham store. I was given 1st October as a delivery date which is fine with me.

Quite frankly, I will NEVER deal with RS Components again, you like me, have a choice!

Kind Regards

pacmariner

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:55 pm

I wonder what they would do if everyone who is either getting no emails/information or these continuous emails of delays all bandd together and demanded a refund... bet they would get them out then ...many folks are getting tired of the (what I call excuses) emails of opps... and perhaps it is time to get them to make good or get our monies back. people have been getting the PI's ahead of others out of order and others not getting them at all, and this is just terrible and the customer service is the worst on the planet I have ever in my entire life has the displeasure to experience... shame on them..... if I do not get mine soon, I will be DEMANDING a refund and or I will do a chargeback on my credit card for sure... 1 week is all I give them now.

cjthebrave

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:32 pm

cspiby wrote:My order number is 91xxx its for a Pi and clear case.

RS emailed me last week to inform me that my order was processing and that it should be dispatched by the end of (last) week.

However nothing has happened as per usual.

Seriously sick of this now.
Yup cspiby me too, same order as yours but plus PSU.
Just had another apparently automated reply from RS, not answering my query as to why my order, allegedly due to be dispatched w/c 20/08/2012, has since not been dispatched, and how come if mine is order number 834?? and their schedule says orders up to 101000 were dispatched by that same week, mine has not been processed.
I suspect that some may have been held back due to lack of other components on the order - common element here being clear case - though I bet RS won't admit to it.
It seems they can't even count, so there's little hope in getting a genuine considered answer.
The question I have to ask myself now is do I jump to another supplier or just stick out this ridiculous situation and appauling customer service . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .<ponders>
If we all decided to withdraw our orders, that would make them sit up and answer a few queries I bet !!

gyeben

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:49 pm

I found something strange.
I have waited 7 weeks since my order and according to the latest information, I have to wait another 13 weeks. If I go to the RS shop (http://raspberrypi.rsdelivers.com/default.aspx?cl=1), it says "Despatch expected in 12 week(s)". So, if I order one now, I can get it before I get the one I have ordered 1.5 months ago?

MilkyBar

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:04 pm

I would like to thank admin for approving my 1st post, I hope that once I eventually get my R Pi that I can be of some use to someone on these forums ...

UPDATE: have now been refunded by RS

If anyone is wanting a PayPal refund and you are past the 45 days, then I suggest you email email_redacted_by_mod, that sped things up for me :)

iscroman

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi!

I'm waiting for a credit card refund. Do you or anybody know which is the limit of days that I need to wait?. I cancelled on August 28.

Thanks!
MilkyBar wrote:I would like to thank admin for approving my 1st post, I hope that once I eventually get my R Pi that I can be of some use to someone on these forums ...

UPDATE: have now been refunded by RS

If anyone is wanting a PayPal refund and you are past the 45 days, then I suggest you email email_redacted_by_mod, that sped things up for me :)

cjthebrave

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:42 pm

MilkyBar wrote: RS want you to wait 14 WORKING days for a PayPal refund !!!
OMG !! :shock:
How dare they?? After all the weeks they've been sitting on peoples money already when they have no idea of timescales or at least exhibit no confidence in their ability to deliver the goods in a "reasonable" time.
PayPal can be refunded in 24hrs if they really wanted to.....
(Wish I could calculate the interest RS will have accrued whilst sitting on all these up-front, paid for orders - kerchinnnnggggggg - money for nothing!!)

kirill

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:37 pm

Thanks!

Cancelled on 2th August. Still no refund.

sharninder

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:50 am

I ordered on 17th July and cancelled my order on Jul 30th before it was dispatched. Still haven't received my refund back. I'm appalled that the foundation chose an unethical company like rs components as their partner.

I ordered via farnell on Aug 1st and got my Pi in 10 days!

bluesun

Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:08 am

I ordered on 21th June from Luxembourg (order number 86XXX) and didn't get any information from RS Components to this date about the shipping date beside the initial notification of 9 weeks. I also ordered a black and clear case.

Today, I have ordered a Pi on eBay. I didn't cancel the order at RS Components, so at the end I may have 2 Pi's.

I have 2 work colleagues who have also ordered at RS Components. One work colleague got the mail about the 5 week delivery delay, the other colleague an I did not.

Huntsekker

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:20 pm

kirill wrote:
Thanks!

sharninder wrote:I ordered on 17th July and cancelled my order on Jul 30th before it was dispatched. Still haven't received my refund back. I'm appalled that the foundation chose an unethical company like rs components as their partner.

Not sure whether it applies or not if you're outside the UK, but under the Distance Selling Regulations they're required to refund you within 30 days, so RS may be breaking the law here. I'd suggest contacting either PayPal or your credit card company.

Or you could take them to the small claims court.

daemuth

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:59 pm

Placed my order in July... no signs of my RP... Order Ref Number (178**)

Still waiting.... ¬¬

iscroman

Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:52 pm

Ok, I'm going to contact email_redacted_by_mod for ask about my refund.

Wish me luck. :roll:
Huntsekker wrote:
kirill wrote:
Thanks!

sharninder wrote:I ordered on 17th July and cancelled my order on Jul 30th before it was dispatched. Still haven't received my refund back. I'm appalled that the foundation chose an unethical company like rs components as their partner.

Not sure whether it applies or not if you're outside the UK, but under the Distance Selling Regulations they're required to refund you within 30 days, so RS may be breaking the law here. I'd suggest contacting either PayPal or your credit card company.

Or you could take them to the small claims court.

mwrich4

Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:00 pm

good news / bad news

Good: I received a reply to my order query 81xxx. It was a polite apology about the order status. It even had my order number included.

Bad: They mention a problem with a group of orders in the 80k range that will delay fulfillment until the end of September.

. . . with renewed patience I will wait :?

llamabox

Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:23 pm

For all you folks still waiting on RS...

just order from MCM: http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/e ... spberry-pi

I ordered mine from RS in June.. then ordered from MCM on Aug 19... got it 3 days later.

You can have an RPi in your hands this weekend.

iscroman

Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:43 pm

God for you!... Eat that RS!!! :lol:

Unfortunately they don't send packages to México. :cry:
llamabox wrote:For all you folks still waiting on RS...

just order from MCM: http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/e ... spberry-pi

I ordered mine from RS in June.. then ordered from MCM on Aug 19... got it 3 days later.

You can have an RPi in your hands this weekend.

llamabox

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:14 pm

iscroman wrote: Unfortunately they don't send packages to México. :cry:
Aww suck! :(

Well for those that are in the US or Canada, they have a little over 700 units available. So get on it and cancel with RS!

H3pha3stus

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:55 pm

I am bitterly dissapointed RS:

Ordered 21 June Order Number 83XXX, didn't hear anything after multiple emails until I posted on this forum previously, which prompted an email on 24 august saying my order would dispatched 'next week', got another email 30 August saying there was a problem and I would not get it till at least 30 September.. After numerous emails after that still no reply. Just placed order with Element14/Farnell in NZ and they say dispatch should be same day with delivery overnight...

Another unhappy customer RS.. you've not done yourself any favors with your handling of this.. And the R Pi Foundation should be taking a serious look at their relationship with you :x

cjthebrave

Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:16 pm

mwrich4 wrote:good news / bad news
Good: I received a reply to my order query 81xxx. It was a polite apology about the order status. It even had my order number included.

Bad: They mention a problem with a group of orders in the 80k range that will delay fulfillment until the end of September.
Yeah, I too have had that lame excuse as my order fell into the 83xxx range, but it's taken days to get a personal response and apology from RS, and I still cant help but thing that a company managing an order book of this size ought to be able to at least count properly!!
I am very disgruntled with RS, though unlike alot of the posts from foreign parts (non-UK from where I'm sitting :) ) on here, I can't find a UK supplier who can respond in a suitably quick timescale to make it worth cancelling my order and placing it elsewhere.
Rest assured if I thought I could achieve a quicker turnaround than RS's "extension" to my wait, I would.
Though it seems I may have to wait an extraordinary amount of time for a refund too should I choose that route - do they do anything quickly ???
CJ

H3pha3stus

Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:10 am

cjthebrave wrote:

Yeah, I too have had that lame excuse as my order fell into the 83xxx range, but it's taken days to get a personal response and apology from RS, and I still cant help but thing that a company managing an order book of this size ought to be able to at least count properly!!
I am very disgruntled with RS, though unlike alot of the posts from foreign parts (non-UK from where I'm sitting :) ) on here, I can't find a UK supplier who can respond in a suitably quick timescale to make it worth cancelling my order and placing it elsewhere.
Rest assured if I thought I could achieve a quicker turnaround than RS's "extension" to my wait, I would.
Though it seems I may have to wait an extraordinary amount of time for a refund too should I choose that route - do they do anything quickly ???
CJ
Hi CJ,

I believe the 3 week wait for http://downloads.element14.com/raspberr ... irect=true would STILL probably outweigh the delay given by RS.. Its a personal choice but certainly after my experience with RS I'd be taking every chance I could to go elsewhere.. I strongly expect there would be another email at end of September saying they're trying to catch up on orders and it will only be a few more weeks

JustPat

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:35 am

H3pha3stus wrote:
cjthebrave wrote:

CJ
Hi CJ,

I believe the 3 week wait for http://downloads.element14.com/raspberr ... irect=true would STILL probably outweigh the delay given by RS.. Its a personal choice but certainly after my experience with RS I'd be taking every chance I could to go elsewhere.. I strongly expect there would be another email at end of September saying they're trying to catch up on orders and it will only be a few more weeks
It would be great if we could get an email at the end of September, but I still haven't received the first email they were supposed to send out. A few days ago I sent them an extremely formal email being as nice as humanly possible and I have yet to hear anything back. I only hope that they haven't lost my order somehow. I still don't understand the such long wait times compared to Element 14. :(

iscroman

Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:10 pm

Ok, now I have my money back on my credit card. After 1 week. So, this is my history of pain and suffering. :lol:

* Ordered RPi + clear case on July 12 (Order number 1010155530 despatch expected within 12 week(s)).
* I Received a delay notification on August 28 ("Your order could be delayed by up to 8 weeks").
* Cancelled on August 28.
* Received my refound on September 03.

Thank's a lot RS for make me lose my time. :ugeek:

Now I need to wait until september 7 for order with Element14/Farnell. :?

Regards from México.
iscroman wrote:Ok, I'm going to contact email_redacted_by_mod for ask about my refund.

Wish me luck. :roll:

llamabox

Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:53 pm

RS, you're so stupid.

Let's see,

Mike@RS:

Last visited:
Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:10 am

BUT last post:
Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:16 pm

Soooo you're clearly visiting the site, seeing all the negative posts... yet no response.

Go ahead RS, keep your heads buried in the sand. See how that works out for you... :lol: :lol: :lol:

asb
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:00 pm

Upon request from RS, I've removed an RS employee's email address from some of these posts. It won't work as a shortcut.

Return to “General discussion”