aeary

Rebooting PI?

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:39 pm

Using my RPi with iPad charging block (5v @ 2a give or take) to Micro USB cable. Whenever I do a network reload (i.e. ifdown or /etc/init.d/network restart) the PI stops responding. Simply unplugging power and plugging back in causes no-boot (all indicator lights except for Power stay unlit).

I have to unplug for at least 5 minutes and then power back on to get it back up. Any suggestions?

Larry_Adlard

Re: Rebooting PI?

Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:50 pm

I've found that plugging anything into the USB causes a hard reset. Try that and see if the network comes back up. I'm sure someone is working hard to fix these things.
Just to repeat what has been said before, this phase was supposed to be 10,000 R-Pi's in development but enthusiasm for the project ran away with it. It isn't a fully finished article yet.

SANGER_A2

Re: Rebooting PI?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:38 pm

Use the terminal command

Code: Select all

sudo shutdown -r now
You should not have to do this of course! One of the things about Linux is that it shouldn't need rebooting. You may have a hardware fault with you network controller/port. Or a dodgy ethernet cable. Or a software problem with whatever build of linux you are running!

Return to “General discussion”