doublemark

Is there any Model B+ firmware works well?

Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:29 am

I am a student from China, and I am very lucky to have Pi B+ in an activity.Now I have some problems that can not find out.

What I have :
Raspberry Pi Model B+;
USB Cable;
Wired Network Cable;
Laptop;

I follow the instruction in the official website to flash the firmware in a MicroSD card ,but when I start Pi, I can find the ip address in my router DHCP Clients,it is 192.168.2.2,But when I tried to log in with PuTTY or other SSH tools, it said could not conncet (time out),so I tried to ping 192.168.2.2 through cmd,it happened the same.So I Googled the question and found it is the problem with the firmware, which need to update the kernel.So I asked a friend in China to generate a new firmware, but after trying it several times I found it could not work as well.My friend reminded me that the SSH was NOT enabled at the first time.

SO...Is there any solutions for me to log in Pi without a hdmi cable and a hdmi-supported monitor?

Thanks very much,guys!

mimi123

Re: Is there any Model B+ firmware works well?

Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:47 am

There is the 3,3V UART.

allfox

Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:24 pm

Greetings.

It's just strange, so I could offer some suggests, and not sure about if it will work.

1, Recently I bought a new router from Netgear, it has a "Guest network" mode. In this mode with default settings, clients can not see each other in LAN. It is designed to deliver your Internet access capability to others, but not your private LAN. Maybe you could check up your router's settings to find out if there is something blocking your Pi.

2, And you could just skip your router. Install a new Raspbian on card and use a PC to edit "/etc/network/interfaces", giving your Pi a static IP. And edit your PC's network setting to give it a static IP either. Then just plug in your Pi to PC's ethernet port.

ShiftPlusOne
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:59 pm

doublemark wrote:I am a student from China, and I am very lucky to have Pi B+ in an activity.Now I have some problems that can not find out.

What I have :
Raspberry Pi Model B+;
USB Cable;
Wired Network Cable;
Laptop;

I follow the instruction in the official website to flash the firmware in a MicroSD card ,but when I start Pi, I can find the ip address in my router DHCP Clients,it is 192.168.2.2,But when I tried to log in with PuTTY or other SSH tools, it said could not conncet (time out),so I tried to ping 192.168.2.2 through cmd,it happened the same.So I Googled the question and found it is the problem with the firmware, which need to update the kernel.So I asked a friend in China to generate a new firmware, but after trying it several times I found it could not work as well.My friend reminded me that the SSH was NOT enabled at the first time.

SO...Is there any solutions for me to log in Pi without a hdmi cable and a hdmi-supported monitor?

Thanks very much,guys!
The firmware is not relevant here. If you have the latest Raspbian image, ssh is enabled by default and you don't need to do anything extra. Are you sure you're not just booting into NOOBS? Could you run through everything you did?

AndrewS

Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:48 am

ShiftPlusOne wrote:Are you sure you're not just booting into NOOBS?
And if that is the case, then see https://github.com/raspberrypi/noobs#ho ... tall-an-os

Return to “General discussion”