ulysess1966

CPC

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:14 am

Anyone else 'registered interest' with CPC? They're part (big part) of the Farnell Group and used to sponsor the Gadget Show.

Any luck in getting a board yet?

Phil Spiegel

Re: CPC

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:59 pm

As I've written on other. earlier threads, I'm a Farnell via CPC orderer [as I had an existing account, it seemed a way past dead sites] - and although I've received NONE of the Farnell communications, an email query back to CPC on May1st confirmed I WAS still in the queue, and reconfirmed my order number ... 1657xxxx - but with the 'official'/generic computerised August delivery date, despite Farnell pronouncements. HOWEVER, my number is in range of those being quoted last week on here of examples of people soon to receive ... my card details etc were dealt with back on Feb/Mar by phone (althougth the 'standardised price' may have varied slightly from what was quoted then (inc post) and UK postage rates rose recently so hopefully no extra delays involved.
My 'worst fear' is that it gets delivered to a house with the same number, and similar address just 50m away! (a regular post swap!)
Someone at the other end of my road already has theirs 8-) - but I don't know their ordering route.

nickorossa

Re: CPC

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:30 pm

I'm in the same boat. Registered and confirmed the back order around 11.15am on 29th Feb. Order# 164633??

Last update I got from them was that they were not getting any supplied from Farnell until end of June, so that would be the earliest we would get them. Their stance was they were not getting a supply from Farnell and there was nothing they can do about it. I've asked that the issue be escalated internally on the basis that a friend of mine who has no history with Farnell (or associated companies) was able to order in early March and received their device a couple of weeks ago. I'm waiting a "proper" response til the end of the week when I'll chase it again.

I too have received no proactive communications. I've always had to chase them for an update; which has always been vague.

Its all a little disappointing and frustrating given the reassurances by multiple people that CPC would be treated equally amongst Farnell group companies.

N.

Return to “General discussion”