lotuskilla

car programing?

Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:44 am

hi im new to this forum and ive had this rasp pi for about 5 months and ive only had 2 ideas with it when i know there is so much more to do. i want to do with this is to make a program for my car to run
gps
am/fm
usb audio/video
bluetooth
reverse camera
cd
i can still use my headunit i have in there now which has, usb, aux, am/fm, and cd
can anybody help me program something to work all of those functions.
the functions i want it to do is gps, reverse camera, usb audio/video and ill be good with that
ive already got a 7"touch screen that im going to fiberglass into place
please help me!
thank you

ghans

Re: car programing?

Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:27 am

Has the touchscreen any proper instructions on how to install
it on Raspbian ? Does the seller provide any kond of support for
the Pi ?

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

riklaunim

Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:29 am

If you use a powered USB hub, like the Pi Hub you will be able to power the Pi, and connect Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS USB dongles. USB CD/DVD driver also. AM/FM radio is bit tricky but there are dongles for that too. As you can see it's a lot of devices, a lot of wires and you will have to also think about some software so it will be usable in a car ;)

The screen may be tricky. There are Chinese kits that are compatible with Raspberry, and those ought to work. The one you have is a big unknown. What interface is it using?

0xFF

Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:03 pm

Here is interesting thread (in Polish) about RPi in car usage: http://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/viewto ... ?t=2847566

lotuskilla

Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:06 pm

Thank you guys for the reply. I haven't opened the screen up just yet its this model tho http://www.sainsmart.com/7-inch-tft-lcd ... a-2av.html
And I'll have to read through that other thread somemore. Plus am/FM isn't a huge deal for me. My current radio badly picks any stations up as is and I just use a USB audio

Return to “General discussion”