baddogdown

So where do I raise a support case then ?

Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:03 pm

RS Components just referred me to this website because there is an issue in the Parcel Force delivery!!

My address was correct on the RS Components website but I can see its corrupted in the Parcel Force email.

Eerrr what can Raspberry Pi folks do about it ?

abishur

Re: So where do I raise a support case then ?

Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:23 pm

Arg, I hate when I get the run around and people keep pointing to the other company

but....

If you ordered it from RS you need to contact RS. Whoever told you that the RPF was the place to get support for a package *they* mailed you had bad information.

If the next person you speak to mistakenly gives you this information politely remind them that as the party shipping the package they are the party responsible for giving the post your correct address and that since the Raspberry Pi Foundation is not involved in the production or shipping of the product it is impossible for them to do anything about their shipping errors :-)
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

baddogdown

Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:34 pm

RS Components customer services were adamant that they are not responsible and that I had to contact this website.

I thought it was bullshit as well but in the first instance ill follow their advice and that's why I'm asking here.

If I login to my RS online a/c there is no record of the order or payment. RS Components customer services say this is normal for everything to do with Raspberry Pi, which is not being handled by them.

Before I call them to account on this I'm looking for an official response here though.

praest76

Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:36 pm

This goes for any company. Your contract was with RS. It is their responsibility for delivery regardless of where the actual blame lies. It's up to them to chase Parcel Force, not you, and certainly not us.

Under UK law it is the same with any seller, despite what they may claim on their site.
PRAEst76 [about.me/praest76]
  • Pi¹ - xibalba: OpenELEC, media centre
    Pi² - erebus: Debian Sid, general shell
Raspberry Pi Last.fm group - last.fm/group/Raspberry+Pi

baddogdown

Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:43 pm

I'm not interested in starting a bitch about RS Components or my legal rights. I just wanted to confirm there was no way to raise support on a delivery issue through here or whether, through this being a forum, this led to others who had a similar experience relating the best contact medium @RS.

Thanks you've confirmed the first bit.

scep

Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:45 pm

baddogdown wrote:RS Components customer services were adamant that they are not responsible and that I had to contact this website.

I thought it was bullshit as well but in the first instance ill follow their advice and that's why I'm asking here.

If I login to my RS online a/c there is no record of the order or payment. RS Components customer services say this is normal for everything to do with Raspberry Pi, which is not being handled by them.

Before I call them to account on this I'm looking for an official response here though.
The official response is that your contract is with RS and so you will have to take it up with them (and possibly Parcel Force?). Whilst we're sorry that you are having these problems, I have no idea why they told you to contact this site as there is absolutely nothing the Foundation can do about a contract that you hold with another party. I can only suggest you contact them again and if they tell you the same thing, tell them that you have a legally binding contract with them and insist on speaking to someone who understands that.

scep

Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:48 pm

baddogdown wrote:I'm not interested in starting a bitch about RS Components or my legal rights. I just wanted to confirm there was no way to raise support on a delivery issue through here or whether, through this being a forum, this led to others who had a similar experience relating the best contact medium @RS.

Thanks you've confirmed the first bit.
Mike from RS has posted here before with contact details so you could try this:
if you email [email protected], with either [email protected] or [email protected] in the title, we'll pick this up and get it to the right team.

Montala

Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:29 pm

In the first post in this thread you mention a Parcel Force email, by which I assume that they have (or will have very shortly) your order, ready for delivery.

If your address is shown correctly, why cannot you just contact Parcel Force, quoting the tracking or consignment note number to clarify your correct address?

abishur

Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:39 pm

Montala wrote:In the first post in this thread you mention a Parcel Force email, by which I assume that they have (or will have very shortly) your order, ready for delivery.

If your address is shown correctly, why cannot you just contact Parcel Force, quoting the tracking or consignment note number to clarify your correct address?
I've had a problem like this with UPS a couple years ago, if parcel force anything like them then it has to be returned to the origination point and reshipped by them... but it's worth the shot!
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

Montala

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:01 pm

I suppose it all depends on just how incorrect the actual address they have is, and whether or not it can actually be identified as 'yours' or not. For example your name and post code, and also hopefully the house number (or name), should really be enough to uniquely identify any property.

Return to “General discussion”