Oldbitcollector

Jasper Conversation?

Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:57 am

I'm working on putting the speech recognition project, "Jasper" as a car-puter.

Is there a conversation already started somewhere for folks who are working on modules?

I finally got my head wrapped around simple module/dictionary usage to create a Raspberry Pi shutdown module, but am planning on working on a music player control that will play local music files instead of Spotfy since my Internet connection may be spotty as I'm mobile.

Is anyone else working on anything like this and would like to collaborate?

Jeff
My Ongoing Raspberry Pi Reference: http://www.ledgerlabs.us/raspberrypi

notts2957

Re: Jasper Conversation?

Sun May 04, 2014 5:21 pm

Jeff,
I am a complete noob. Not done any programming since I was a kid with a vic20. In an effort to do something useful and hopefully be able to also teach my children I am really excited by the pi. I've just ordered the parts to hopefully get jasper up and running. Your post particularly interested me as I want to do something similar. I want to do the following:-
Have the pi in car runnjng jasper automatically when car starts.
Use jasper to control led mood lights/driving lamps or other 12v circuits through some form of break out board.
Possibly have a touch screen display to use other functionality if the pi when not using jasper.
I have no idea where to begin..any help you or anyone else can provide or links to complete beginner idiot guide would be appreciated. Best regards,
Gaz.

chubbs

Re: Jasper Conversation?

Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:10 am

Are you guys still working on the Jasper Carputer? I have some ideas and would like to network with anyone interested in developing this.

Return to “General discussion”