ehacker

PiAUISuite

Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:16 pm

I found Steven Hickson's PiAUISuite and thought it might make for a fun little project, so I followed his instructions on his blog. I used git to get the Install script, and ran that, and told it to download all of the youtube and download scripts and whatnot. And then it came to the setup bit. I decided to do the setup seperately, so I ran "voicecommand -s". And then it gave me an error message that said "Opening config file...
Can't find config file! I'll make one. Editing config file..." And so on. What happened? Where can I find the setup file? I already tried updating it, along with updating my whole system, but nothing helped. What should I do to get this working?
Thanks in advance.

Oldbitcollector

Re: PiAUISuite

Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:24 pm

I vaguely remember having the same issue.. It's been a couple months since I played with this..

IIRC, voicecommand -e will allow you to create the file by entering a simple command or two after using voicecommand -s.

http://ledgerlabs.us/raspberrypi/make-y ... -and-obey/

Jeff
My Ongoing Raspberry Pi Reference: http://www.ledgerlabs.us/raspberrypi

ehacker

Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:41 pm

Thanks for the response! I tried "voicecommand -e" but I got the same message about no config file existing. I looked through that article, but I didn't find anything that seemed to work. Any other ideas?
Thanks again.

ehacker

Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:45 pm

Never mind! Got it working. I had to put "voicecommand -e" in "voicecommand -s" and then save and run it. Which makes sense. Okay, thank you!

ehacker

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:22 pm

I have a new question now. When I run "voicecommand", a message comes up that says that there is a "formatting error on line 1, 8, 14, 21, 26 of your config file." And then it doesn't respond the the keyword, and it just kind of sits there doing nothing. The light on my webcam does go on, so I know that part is working. So, where is the config file it's talking about? Because it's not commands.conf. And I couldn't find any other one.

ehacker

Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:42 pm

Okay, well, I found that config file, fixed it, (so now there are no error messages) but voicecommand still won't respond. I know I have it set to respond, so it's not that. I know the microphone is on. I know the microphone works. What's going on?

ehacker

Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:53 pm

Ok, how about this? The mic light turns on for three seconds and then stays off, even when I say the keyword. No responses at all from the program. Does anybody have any ideas at all?

Return to “General discussion”